Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

jonm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I’m having a lot of trouble with EXFAT at the moment. I have about 100gb of stuff on the card at the moment. If I backup my SD can I just transfer the files on to a new card formated to FAT32? If not is there a way to back up everything to reinstall later? Thanks dudes.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t kept up with CFW options, can anyone tell me if there is a free option to run XCI?
Nope.

I’m having a lot of trouble with EXFAT at the moment. I have about 100gb of stuff on the card at the moment. If I backup my SD can I just transfer the files on to a new card formated to FAT32? If not is there a way to back up everything to reinstall later? Thanks dudes.
It is as easy as transferring all of your files.

Reactions: jonm

GigaManEXE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not required if your firmware is below 4.1. The reason I linked you that guide is because walks you through both of the currently known exploits for booting CFW. The exploit you are looking for in the guide is called 'Deja Vu'.
Oh, good. Thank you again! I'll post again if I have more questions.

Reactions: Draxzelex

net1157

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I used the NH switch guide to get homebrew on my unpatched switch. I have done some basic C++ coding in the past and am interested in learning the ins and outs of hacking, modding , etc for the switch. Getting EmuMMC up and running was straight forward but i want to really begin to understand it all and not just follow instructions or wait for someone else to create the tool needed. I see tools like hekate that do much more than just what a hack your switch tutorial says but nowhere to actually learn or understand all of it. I know there isn't a mystical site that will grant me the knowledge but hope someone can point me in the right direction of how to learn a bit more in depth. Lots of modders and hackers that I've seen, not saying that this is the case here, see these details as trivial or easy and tend to brush interested noobs like me off and don't realize that a lot of times there is a big stretch between the simple programs you make in a classroom and the tools or programs created for these types of hacks. I love tinkering and prodding, love the prospect of data mining games and all that but can't seem to find adequate resources, not tutorials on how to implement existing hacks, that can point me in the right direction.

Maximoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you installed them to the SD card it should be just a matter of moving the files back and forth after you've reformatted to FAT32. Switch games are designed to be installed to a FAT32 SD card (in the Nintendo folder), so, no. Nothing over 4GB you need to worry about. Just the initial NSP files which you can safely remove after.

Hi, I was reading this answer and allow me to ask you. I'm New with cfw on Switch. A friend of mine did all the procedures. I have a 32gb SD Card and I bought one with 256gb. Do I have to format it as FAT32? I have some nsp filés, could you please informa the name of soft that split the files? Thnx in avance.

RNabuco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Draxzelex said:
Don't use DevMenu for restoring save files. Use either Checkpoint or EdiZon.

The save is on dev menu file system, i have no choice unless there is a way to convert the save file for me to use checkpoint

MusicallyInspired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I was reading this answer and allow me to ask you. I'm New with cfw on Switch. A friend of mine did all the procedures. I have a 32gb SD Card and I bought one with 256gb. Do I have to format it as FAT32? I have some nsp filés, could you please informa the name of soft that split the files? Thnx in avance.

This Python script splits the files. You'll need Python installed to run it.
https://github.com/AnalogMan151/splitNSP

Yes, FAT32 is what you should format it with. exFAT works but is prone to corruption easily as the Switch's support for it is subpar.

If you want an emuMMC (basically a copy of your normal sysMMC operating system, like having two Switch's on one device) then there's a guide (https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/making_emummc/) on how to partition your SD card to split between a Switch-formatted partition (that a PC won't be able to read or understand but from which the emuMMC will run) and a normal FAT32 partition for standard Switch use.

The Switch doesn't support the NTFS file system.

Last edited by MusicallyInspired,
Reactions: Maximoff

bewox

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
hi.. thank you very much for answering my question about switch streaming, really appreciate it.. Im sorry to ask so many questions.. the threads are very confusing because they contain many eras of knowledge, its a simple question, I have XAJ70064774513 serial number, wich tutorial can I follow to hack my switch to play pirated games? thank you very much

the serial code is in the 'patched' list by the way.. and I have updated my switch to the latest update available, thank you, Im not sure if its still hackable too many different threads, hoping for ur answer guys

Last edited by bewox,

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So as my emuNAND broke again I wanted to rebuild it. My question is if I can delete the Nintendo folder in the emuNAND file on the sd card as it's taking a lot of space.

elridge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here is what you need to understand. Switch LAN play, as well as Xlink Kai, are services that utilize a games' built-in LAN support. In other words, they let you play LAN games through their servers without CFW or homebrew because there are games that naturally support LAN. However there are other games which do not support LAN but instead local wireless. Idn_mitm converts that local wireless to LAN but to do so requires CFW and CFW presents a ban risk.

Yes, I do understand all that. My console already has CFW (Kosmos) but, since i stopped going online the moment i installed it, it should be unbanned. What i'm trying to ask is if by using Lan play and or ldn_mitm i could be banned. I ask this, because i do know that people use those options to play online with their banned consoles, but didn't find any info on how safe they are for unbanned ones. Since my switch is (should?) be unbanned, and i would prefer it to stay so, i want to have a good notion of the risks involved.
Thanks again for your answers!

Unknownlink

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the switch I bought at launch running the original firmware. I been waiting for the homebrew community and I finally homebrewed my switch to run atmosphere. My question is, I recently purchased pokemon swords and shield. Do I need to update my current firmware to play the games and if so, how do I keep my homebrew? If I update my switch I am sure I can't run homebrew anymore right?

Thank you.

yanvbraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to hide the CFW SysNAND option from Hekate? I am using EmuNAND and don't to risk booting into SysNAND using a CFW accidentally and making it "dirty" for online purposes.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well finally got my mits on a second switch for modding, so i have a few questions

What precautions are best practiced to lower ban risk?
is it wise much at all to use eShop/Link even a "Dummy" Nintendo Account ?
If it *IS* banned, will some things like the Youtube app still function?
Easy ways to look for for Bricker code outside of "if it looks sketch, GTFO" ?
and while atm i only have this basic bundle from switch.homebrew.guide and RetroArch, what's considered "essential" ?

i may be experienced off the 3DS side of 'temp and years of using my 3DS, but after finally having a spare Switch to mod? i'm about as freshly noob as it gets,

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally have my two emuMMC configuration set up. I updated the one I will use online from 4.1.0 to the 9.0.1. Now that it has been updated, it can no longer read game cards. So far I've tried BotW and Let's Go Pikachu. BotW will boot in the 4.1.0 sysMMC and the 4.1.0 emuMMC. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it.

Edit: Performing a factory reset failed to fix the issue.

Edit 2: So the issue is some update to the game card reader in 9.0.0 was implemented. I disabled the nogc patch in Hekate and now I'm all set.

Last edited by Mythrandir,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi.. thank you very much for answering my question about switch streaming, really appreciate it.. Im sorry to ask so many questions.. the threads are very confusing because they contain many eras of knowledge, its a simple question, I have XAJ70064774513 serial number, wich tutorial can I follow to hack my switch to play pirated games? thank you very much

the serial code is in the 'patched' list by the way.. and I have updated my switch to the latest update available, thank you, Im not sure if its still hackable too many different threads, hoping for ur answer guys
If your console is patched and on the latest firmware, you might as well buy a new console and/or sell your current one. If you want to be 100% certain it is patched or not, follow this guide.

Yes, I do understand all that. My console already has CFW (Kosmos) but, since i stopped going online the moment i installed it, it should be unbanned. What i'm trying to ask is if by using Lan play and or ldn_mitm i could be banned. I ask this, because i do know that people use those options to play online with their banned consoles, but didn't find any info on how safe they are for unbanned ones. Since my switch is (should?) be unbanned, and i would prefer it to stay so, i want to have a good notion of the risks involved.
Thanks again for your answers!
Like I said, LAN play involves no CFW or homebrew so the risk should be zero since it involves no modifications to your console. Idn_mitm however requires CFW so there is a ban risk.

Is it possible to trade still in Pokemon Sword/Shield with a banned switch? I remember in LGP/E you could.
Depending on the ban, certain services are blocked however all of the possibilities are related to online. Trading can be done online or locally.

I have the switch I bought at launch running the original firmware. I been waiting for the homebrew community and I finally homebrewed my switch to run atmosphere. My question is, I recently purchased pokemon swords and shield. Do I need to update my current firmware to play the games and if so, how do I keep my homebrew? If I update my switch I am sure I can't run homebrew anymore right?

Thank you.
Those games are playable on firmware 7.X. In addition, if your console is unpatched, then you will always be able to hack it and run CFW/homebrew because the exploit used is based on the hardware. If you need to update your firmware to play the games, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX

Is there a way to hide the CFW SysNAND option from Hekate? I am using EmuNAND and don't to risk booting into SysNAND using a CFW accidentally and making it "dirty" for online purposes.
You can delete it from the hekate_ipl.ini file

Well finally got my mits on a second switch for modding, so i have a few questions

What precautions are best practiced to lower ban risk?
is it wise much at all to use eShop/Link even a "Dummy" Nintendo Account ?
If it *IS* banned, will some things like the Youtube app still function?
Easy ways to look for for Bricker code outside of "if it looks sketch, GTFO" ?
and while atm i only have this basic bundle from switch.homebrew.guide and RetroArch, what's considered "essential" ?

i may be experienced off the 3DS side of 'temp and years of using my 3DS, but after finally having a spare Switch to mod? i'm about as freshly noob as it gets,
You can use emuMMC as a ban shield by allocating all CFW/homebrew to one eMMC partition while performing legitimate online play in the other. You can use sysMMC and emuMMC interchangeably for these reasons although most people prefer emuMMC for CFW & homebrew while they use sysMMC for online shenanigans.

Its completely fine to use a dummy Nintendo Account online assuming it is not the one used with Kefir which has a very high ban risk.

While there are different types of bans, even third-party applications such as YouTube will cease to function because the console still has to go through Nintendo's servers to check if you are banned or not.

If you are not dumb, you can easily avoid brick code. Technically speaking, brick code exists even among common applications such as hacdiskmount if used incorrectly.

A NAND backup is essential. You can perform one with Hekate.
Any way to factory reset my Emunand? I cant cause it ask for online connection, i have an account linked.
Why do you want to factory reset it in the first place?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.