1. jftm999

jftm999 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I found the problem, apparently the txt file was unreadable, when I tried to access the txt file using Goldenleaf, I could only view as hex file and not txt file, so I replaced the txt file with a new one, and it worked. Weird

2. madmax7766

madmax7766 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    hi i have Nintendo switch with firmware 9.0.1 done all steps for homebrew (atmosphere latest)but when i want to download retroarch or other app from appstore i get this error i tried everything but didnt find solution for this problem ....my target is to play Nintendo64 games ...any idea plz

Attached Files:

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Nope since the only way to do that would be with homebrew applications.

Nintendo primarily bans consoles, not accounts. I can even count the number of account bans on one hand.

Downgrade your sysMMC then.

You would have to use a save manager homebrew tool such as EdiZon or Checkpoint to dump and restore the save files. And I believe your other questions were answered in another thread.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/incognito_rcm-wipe-personal-information-to-reduce-risk-of-ban.549462/

Yes as long as you have a clean dump of your NAND prior to running Atmosphere.

Hold the R button when launching a game or any other installed title instead of the Album.

Mythrandir, KaguraAru and jftm999 like this.
  4. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    I do, and it matches the ones on the cheats. Not sure why I can't use them.

5. ElfenToola

ElfenToola Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can I delink my NNID from my hacked Switch but keep the games/saves playable?

6. madmax7766

madmax7766 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Arab Emirates
    thanks for reply ...but homebrew launcher and retroarch are inside Album...and i use R button to access Album already!thanks

7. jftm999

jftm999 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    you said that the message you receive everytime is "It says there's cheats for my game (which has never been updated) but not for the build ID" that means there is mismatch between the game build ID and cheat txt name, so what you said "it matches" is contradictory. I had this problem before, and I solved it by matching the right cheat txt.

8. ChicoPancho

ChicoPancho Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys. Sorry if you have seen this question hundreds of times, but if you unlink a nintendo account before you get banned and the switch the account was on gets banned, is the account banned or not?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  9. sandog

sandog Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    What ver ofw is the best to run right now. I'm currently on 8.0.1

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There is no reason not to be on 9.0.1 if your Switch is unpatched.

11. sandog

sandog Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is the best way to update using ChoiDujourNX?

12. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    ChoiDujourNX is recommended, yes. If you don't want to burn any fuses, leave the AutoRCM option selected. If you don't want to install AutoRCM, de-select the AutoRCM option. Make sure you are using the latest version of your CFW.

13. sandog

sandog Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I also have a patched unit running 4.1.0 that I haven't touched yet, Can it run any CFW yet?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm using the SXOS so I should install the autoRCM

14. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    No, it DOES match. That's the issue. It doesn't work regardless.

15. ThePublisher

ThePublisher Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there really any difference in a patched and unpatched switch? Just picked up a mario kart bundle (v1 on 4.1) that says 'possibly patched' when I look up the serial. But the guides I'm finding on how to hack it don't seem to care. Or is it that being unpatched won't work at all?
    I wish there was a clear guide on how to set things up. It seems there is just a jumble of info that is all over the place and mostly out of date.
    I hacked my wii and wii U, so not a total noob, but a noob for the switch.

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Switch doesn't use NNID. Only the 3DS and Wii U use NNID

No you are pressing R over the Album to launch the homebrew menu in Applet Mode which isn't giving those applications enough RAM. You have to hold R when launching a game to launch the homebrew menu with more RAM.

Accounts are very rarely banned.

Follow this guide for CFW on a patched unit. But never enable AutoRCM on a patched unit or it will become permanently bricked.

Patched consoles are currently only hackable on firmware versions 4.1 and below which is inferior to unpatched consoles which are exploitable regardless of firmware. If you need a guide, I recommend this one.

ThePublisher likes this.
  17. ThePublisher

ThePublisher Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm on 4.1 and am currently using the guide you suggested, thank you. Once hacked, is there really any difference in use though between patched and not? Besides making sure nothing changes the sysNAND? Is that limiting enough for me to go on a search for a non-patched switch? Thank you very much for your help.

18. Huggles

Huggles Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been away for a while, so if anybody is up to speed on a few questions I have I would appreciate it.

1. I have previously updated firmware without burning fuses. Now people seem to be happy with running emunand for customer firmware and keeping the actual switch clean to use with nintendo servers. Is avoiding burning fuses still a thing?
    2. I have a Raw nand backup. Would it be best for me to just restore my original nand and start again? Would I just use Hekate to restore? I have auto RCM applied now. Will restoring my Nand undo that automatically?
    3. Is it easy to back up save files?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The main difference is that you cannot update the sysMMC on a patched console whereas you can freely update the sysMMC on an unpatched console. Also patched consoles are susceptible to the 'supernag' which will prevent you from running CFW. This can get triggered by bringing the console to online which is required to use the exploit. The way around this is by using a custom DNS setting that blocks Nintendo online URLs but one mistake and you will lose hacks for a long time. So in short, unpatched consoles are objectively superior.

1. Yes
    2. Unless your NAND is clean and you plan on going online, not really
    3. You can use Checkpoint or EdiZon to dump save files

20. ThePublisher

ThePublisher Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is the benefit of that booting straight into the CFW without having to run the exploit every time?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH