1. RocketJalt

RocketJalt Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thanks for the fast answer but i forgot something.

If the 1.0.6 have a dlc unlock do i should install it to so basically i do : 1.0.0, 1.0.6 and the last update?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Order doesn't really matter but if you want to be safe, its game then updates then DLC.

RocketJalt likes this.
  3. RocketJalt

RocketJalt Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Thank you very much !

Draxzelex likes this.
  4. 01X

01X Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Has any new exploit been released for patched units?

I heard a rumor that some group was working on one which they would sell a mod-chip for.
    Although now I'm not seeing any updates.

Thank you very much.

5. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Team Xecuter is working on a mod chip.

6. 01X

01X Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    wonderful news. do you know when I should expect to look for buying it?

and where will the updates be posted. here?

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  7. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    If the mod chip out, you will see a news here on the front page.

8. Spectrea

Spectrea Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey is it okay buying one of those RCM jig's off of Amazon or Ebay? Am i correct in thinking they will allow an unpatched Switch to enter RCM? This is the most daunting part for me i don't feel comfortable using a paperclip or tinfoil or what have you so something like that would be perfect. Its hard to really know when buying something from Ebay because they have to use deceptive and non commital language.

9. MrShawnTRods

MrShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Ok so not hacking related, but how does transferring save from one console to another work exactly?

Reading up on nintendo articles on the official nintendo online confuses the hell out of me.

Because I mainly play pokemon, the 2 non hacked switches I have have different nintendo account but part of the same online family plan.

Apparently the source console has to have an account and target console doesn't.. and then you move the save over.
    So does it not work with different Nintendo accounts?

Honestly, the more videos and things I read up on the save transfer, the more confusing it seems.

I wanna be able to make sure that I can move my save back and forth between my switches

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    Yes, you need a way to bridge pins. A jig is the best option but once you entered RCM you can install autoRCM and don't need a jig anymore. Buy a cheap one from eBay or bridge the pins once with a paperclip and install autoRCM.

11. onibaku

onibaku Lurker

Sweden
    Did you find a solution to this? I had the same issue..

EDIT: Apparently the file atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin is changed to fusee-primary.bin so you need to rename the hekate payload.bin to reboot_payload.bin and place it in the atmosphere folder! This needs to be done with every atmosphere update

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  12. DrDoctor

DrDoctor GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I didn't solve it, it was the third time trying to use the new stuff and I just gave up until they fixed whatever was causing it, especially since Hekate had a hotfix coming up.
    If that solves it, great! I'll try it out one of these days. Thanks!

13. Space_Invaderx

Newcomer

United States
    Getting errors: Pkg2 decryption failed!
    Is sept updated?
    Failed to launch HOS

SysNAND 7.0.1
    EmuNAND 9.1.0
    Atmosphere 0.10.1

I updated my Switch's emuNAND today with ChoiDujourNX, not sure if that was the proper thing to do, but I admit I am a bit overwhelmed with all of the reading and research. I can still boot to OFW and launch Hetake v5.11 via Tegra RCM, but have lost access to CFW (Atmosphere). I think my issue is that I previously updated in CFW to 9.0.1 not Choi. I get a black screen if I go to payloads and try fusee-gelee

I have made a backup of my micro SD card and I am getting ready to format and start from scratch. I have a backup of my NAND as well at 7.0.1.

Main question is will I brick my Switch if I boot to OFW (SysNAND) and update from 7.0.1 to the current 9.1.0? I am not really concerned with fuses since there are games I want to play online. Also is there a chance to get banned since I have already updated to 9.0.1 from 7.0.1 and will be updating again from 7.0.1?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  14. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If system updates bricked consoles, Nintendo would have been in hot water ages ago. There is also a chance of being banned if you are updating to a firmware that you previously updated to via the Internet.

Space_Invaderx likes this.
  15. pedrotchug
    This message by pedrotchug has been removed from public view by gamesquest1, Dec 15, 2019, Reason: English only please in the forum.
    Dec 14, 2019 Show
  16. mariosonicds

mariosonicds GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright so i updated to the newest firmware, and my gamecarts are not working. I have my nogc = 0 and it still isn't budging. Do i need to use choiDujourNX to re-install the firmware to the gamecart controller? If so whats the best way to get the firmware so i can reinstall it.

17. Space_Invaderx

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks @Draxzelex

I managed to get CFW working again on 7.0.1. Going to try update again to 9.0.1 with Choi. Hoping that since this is a freshly formatted SD card everything will work again.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
  18. SilentOne1994

SilentOne1994 SilentOne2k94

Australia
    Having a bit of an ongoing issue with trying to play Dragon Quest 11:S and I'm really hoping I could get some help as no matter what.. i can't fix it.
    All of my games on my switch work perfectly with no error codes at all besides when I boot up DQ11S..
    I can play for either 5 minutes or 15 and then all of a sudden I get hit with Error Code: 2002-4153 and the software closes.
    (I'm using a Sandisk 400GB Micro SD)

- I've tested the micro sd card on h2wtest and it's real and works perfectly. I am using FAT32 and Latest Atmosphere w/ Sigpatches on OFW 9.0.1.
    - I bought a new Micro SD just incase.. to make 100% sure it wasn't the SD that was Fake/Faulty.. the one game still isn't working on the new sd.
    - I've tried doing a Full format including backing up all my saves on Checkpoint and deleting everything including the Nintendo folder and then restoring the saves again but I still kept getting the issue.
    - I've pushed both Hekate and Fusee-Primary as the payload.. And both give the same error code.
    - I've tried deleting the save for Dq11s and starting from scratch however it still gives me the error code again, I've tried different ways of installing the game such as Goldleaf, Hbgshop, tinfoil, Awoo installer aswell.
    - I've converted DQ11S as an XCI to an NSP with keys.txt that i got from Lockpick RCM and that also gives me the error..
    - I figured i'd look into Cleaning the NAND however i don't have a NAND backup due to that computer breaking.. and i wouldn't know where to start..
    - ontop of that.. I've even deleted the games Tickets.

Anyone got any suggestions?

19. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

Austria
    You boot with hekate or fusee primary? For hekate you need to disable nogc in hekate ipl ini and for fusee primary you need to disable nogc in BCT.ini.

20. sandog

sandog Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    After my first boot up what should my next step be after running the exploit thu browser? What nand should I pick? Should I update the nand?

21. grcd

grcd GBAtemp Regular

Hi, I don't know if this is a common or known problem or a rare bug but I want to ask about the following:

I am running Kosmos/Atmosphere on 8.1 SYSNAND with the latest Kosmos on. On rare occasions, I cannot quite pinpoint when or after what kind of activity, the system will not display an output image when docked. The signal on the TV will show a device is connected, but the image will be black. When removed from the dock, the system LCD will work as expected.

The only way to resolve this bug is to fully shut down the system and restart Kosmos with a jig/Hecate.

It does not happen often enough to be annoying, but it has already happened at least 3 times so I was wondering if this is a known issue?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH