1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No, with any free CFW, you will need to install your backups to a microSD card and/or your Switch's internal storage. You can install backups to your microSD card or internal storage using NSP files on a USB, but you cannot play from a USB-connected device. If you want to load backups from a device connected via USB, you need SX OS.

You asked if you could play game backups and install HBG. The answer is yes.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. Tackskull

Tackskull GBAtemp Regular

France

Thanks a lot :D

3. Alucardio

Alucardio Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Extracting those to the root didn't change anything... what else could I try? The thing that bothers me the most is why I can launch mario kart but not any of the others I tried so far.... And I have downloaded DQ XI like three times now

4. seany1990

seany1990 GBAtemp Regular

[​IMG]

Is it possible to stop this from happening? Its incredibly annoying

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Which signature patches are you using?

Any NAND you're using to play game backups should meet one or more of these requirements:
    1. It should be disconnected from the internet.
    2. It should have Incognito installed.
    3. It should have 90DNS installed.
    If you're doing none of these, you will receive update prompts, and you will be permanently banned from some or all of Nintendo's online services.

6. seany1990

I am using 90DNS, this started ever since I started using it because I had to connect to my wi-fi to enable it. I didn't launch any non-signed software during the period of wi-fi enabled and 90DNS settings being input but now im regretting it because I hate this update prompt

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can clear the update by entering Recovery Mode (not RCM). If you actually have 90DNS installed, then the update prompt won't return.

You can also enable 90DNS without connecting to the internet beforehand. All you have to do is connect to a wireless access point, input the wrong password, save the settings, add the DNS settings, and then correct the password.

As for what you did while you were connected to the internet without 90DNS, that's irrelevant. If you have any pirated games installed while connected to the internet, you can very much be flagged for it and banned from Nintendo services, regardless of what you launched.

8. Alucardio

Alucardio Member
    Newcomer

United States
    First of all, thanks for replying!

I'm using these: https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J which I both extracted to the root and atmosphere folders, to no avail so far.

Edit: Btw I'm using the atmosphere files, not the kosmos ones.

For whatever it's worth I'm running on emunand 9.1, latest hetake and atmosphere releases, installed games using tinfoil+nut, and got the games in the reddit sub. I followed the nh guide from start to finish, using a 32gb class 10 card.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  9. Rick Astley

Rick Astley The real one !

Hi o/

I'm here for a random / noob question, but I really need some advice here;
    I've a hacked Switch (updated to 9.0.1 iirc, atmosphere) offline all the time. No issue at all or anything.

But I'd like to go online for like 10 seconds. I'd like to "dowlonad" / load the Pokemon Sword / Shield event.

I can't do emunand and I can't use another switch atm. I've ofc homebrew (it's the only thing i've on my Switch)

What can I do to be the safest as possible since I really need the events to test a few things on my save.

Thanks o/

10. seany1990

Thanks bud
    Im not too bothered about getting banned, you can't go online or use nintendo services anyway and as im not going to sell the thing then it won't affect me at all (I think)
    Im just glad that annoying prompt is gone

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You cannot connect to the internet with Pokemon if it's pirated, period.

If you have a legitimately purchased copy of Pokemon, you can go online with it using a clean sysNAND or clean emuNAND that has never touched hacks before without being banned.

12. Rick Astley

Well as said, i ONLY have homebrew (so NO pirated stuff)
    and I can't use a clean sysNAND or a clean emuNAND because of that

Thanks

13. LinKun

LinKun Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello guys, i'm just new in here
    I've followed that switch guide and everything worked fine. My question is; Everytime that i turn off the console i have to use RCM to use it unlocked or there's a way to just put things automatic?

14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes, you must boot using an RCM payload each time you power off and want to boot CFW. It is recommended that you keep your Switch in sleep mode and docked whenever you are not using it, particularly if you have AutoRCM installed.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Depending on the homebrew you've used, it might be relatively safe. However, without a completely clean sysNAND or emuNAND, you aren't necessarily safe.

15. Rick Astley

Used Checkpoint and EdiZon only.
    I guess i'm not 100% safe, but is there anything to make it closer to 100% since I only used homebrew (really nothing else)

Thanks again

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You probably won't be banned if those are all you used, but the risk is yours to take. Alternatively, you could restore a clean NAND backup to either your sysNAND or your emuNAND, and then you can use that for online play. If you do not have a clean NAND backup, you could always clean up your sysNAND or emuNAND using something like this.

17. Rick Astley

I need to keep my CFW stuff for my researches, but I also need the event.
    So i really need to keep my stuff :/

I've a backup of my clean nand etc ofc, but I really can't use it :/

Thanks o/

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    What is it you're trying to get in Pokemon Sword/Shield?

19. Rick Astley

The G-Max event activation to continue some researches on the data of the game

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I would recommend updating to firmware 9.0.1

You can still dump the NAND even with an exFAT formatted SD card on a console without the exFAT update. However if you are truly paranoid, you can also dump the NAND using FAT32.

You cannot link Nintendo Switch firmware files on this website.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH