Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if is wrong tread for my question. How I can update Atmosphere on my Switch I use some old ReinX, with this i m noob. Tnx
  1. Power off your Switch.
  2. Remove all traces of ReiNX from your SD card.
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere).
  5. Download the signature patches: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/
  6. Put Atmosphere onto your SD card.
  7. Put the signature patches onto your SD card.
  8. Put the SD back into your Switch.
  9. Boot into Atmosphere using fusee-primary.

Reactions: miodrag75

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you guys, very helpful.

If the Switch is powered off, do I need the jig or only send a payload from a PC? Does it burn fuse to try to get to RCM with a paperclip?

It seems a bit too easy to be true. It was the same with the 3ds.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch is powered off, do I need the jig or only send a payload from a PC?
If you're using the RCM exploit to enter CFW, you need to get into RCM. There are two main ways to enter RCM:
  1. Use a jig of some sort (I prefer using a paperclip bent the right way, but I only use it once to install AutoRCM)
  2. Use AutoRCM (the easier method)
Once you're in RCM, you don't need the jig again until next time you need to get into RCM. Once you're in RCM, you can launch CFW.

Does it burn fuse to try to get to RCM with a paperclip?
Fuses only get burnt by updating your system version and booting it without AutoRCM installed. If you don't care about being able to downgrade, you don't need to worry about fuses.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Trebuchet

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once auto rcm is on, no need to fiddle with the jig anymore? It seems the only thing that bothers me.
That is correct. With AutoRCM, your Switch will coldboot into RCM each time it's powered on after being completely turned off. That makes entering RCM very convenient, but it also means you won't be able to use your Switch after powering it off until you push a payload to it using your computer.

If you install AutoRCM, you should keep it in sleep mode whenever it's not being used, and you won't have any problems.

miodrag75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
  1. Remove all traces of ReiNX from your SD card.
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere:
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere).
  4. Download the signature patches:
  5. Put Atmosphere onto your SD card.
  6. Put the signature patches onto your SD card.
  7. Put the SD back into your Switch.
  8. Boot into Atmosphere using fusee-primary.

I already do that but without remove Reinx after start switch ,games doesn't work anymore, and dont see how install game

Last edited by miodrag75,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already do that but without remove Reinx after start switch ,games doesn't work anymore, and dont see how install game
What do you mean games don't work anymore? Are you receiving an error code? Did you add the signature patches to your SD card?

For installing NSP files, I recommend the DZ version of Tinfoil. If you want to install over USB, I recommend using nut server on your computer.

miodrag75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When I LOAD fusee, switch normal boot to atmo but looked normal but when I start games show me game data error when go back to ReinX working normal. On ReinX in Album folder is Tinfoill and the rest on Atmo I dont know how I can istall game, Album folder is Album folder with screenshots :)

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you install AutoRCM, you should keep it in sleep mode whenever it's not being used, and you won't have any problems.

That's sounds great.

We don't use it sometimes so it might turn off by no power left, if it can be booted up with the PC by sending a payload, it's ok. I'll make sure to read carefully on that. I just wanted to be sure that I could try the RCM without breaking anything.

Thank you again Lacius!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's sounds great.

We don't use it sometimes so it might turn off by no power left, if it can be booted up with the PC by sending a payload, it's ok. I'll make sure to read carefully on that. I just wanted to be sure that I could try the RCM without breaking anything.

Thank you again Lacius!
I would recommend keeping it docked when it's in sleep mode and you're not using it. If the battery fully dies, it might take awhile for it to charge back enough to launch a payload.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I LOAD fusee, switch normal boot to atmo but looked normal but when I start games show me game data error when go back to ReinX working normal. On ReinX in Album folder is Tinfoill and the rest on Atmo I dont know how I can istall game, Album folder is Album folder with screenshots :)
  1. You didn't add the signature patches.
  2. You must hold R when launching the album to get the Homebrew Launcher.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dislike the dock since it's not fit, it makes smudges and it's not easily accessible. I could change that however.
If you don't want to use the dock, plug the cable directly into the Switch. Regardless, I don't recommend letting the battery fully die, as that might cause some headaches down the road.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want to use the dock, plug the cable directly into the Switch. Regardless, I don't recommend letting the battery fully die, as that might cause some headaches down the road.
Ok, I will have to think of something for this. Often, my wife don't use it for several weeks and the battery drains out. Maybe an USB payload dongle is better in our case.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to download game updates from the Nintendo eshop if you have the switch executor mod?
Use a clean NAND if you want to connect your Switch to the internet.

If you are wanting to update your pirated games, install the NSP for the game update you need.

Pola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to play Mario kart but for some reason the game only load the karts, not the racers it’s weird and I can’t really play like that, same for new super Mario it won’t load the character is so weird because is only those games it doesn’t even crash or anything, what could be wrong? I’d appreciate if anybody knows what could it be or point me to the right direction.

Thanks

Whensuddenly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Is there a way to have your emuNAND online and not get that pesky reminder to update whenever I access a game? (ive accidentally updated in the past and would like to never experience that again)

Also is there a guide on terms when it comes to switch hacking? I'm getting lost understanding the differences between stuff like emuNAND sysNAND emuMMC etc...

Switchit

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, everyone. I have installed Atmosphere, Renix and SXOS but i keep running into the same problem. After the Sept splash screen the console will not boot into CFW. Would be most grateful if anyone can help. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro