SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

epickid37 Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can open it but you cannot just simply use a NAND from another console.

Dev_ likes this.
  2. Dev_

Dev_ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Morocco
    yeah, but i mean PHYSICAL nand A That went into auto rcm, puting the physical nand A into unpatch unit then restoring a working software backup nand A ?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Console is made up of more than just the NAND. You would have to replace the entire motherboard.

Dev_ likes this.
  4. Dev_

Dev_ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Morocco
    oh i see that means that the auto rcm mod is not somthing changed into the nand ?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    AutoRCM is installed to BOOT0 which isn't a part of the NAND. The eMMC is broken up into 4 parts: BOOT0, BOOT1, eMMC raw GPP, and RPMB (unused).

Dev_ likes this.
  6. zakwarrior

zakwarrior Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    France
    Hi everyone, anyone has a guide to make a keys.txt file working correctly with a switch that has a firmware 6.2+ (fuse 9)

Because it's driving me nuts all the keys.txt files i find on the net are making choidujour give me errors, and i found a guide to make your own keys.txt using biskeydump, hactool and a script looks like it's not working since i'm using 6.2+

Ttrying to unbrick this switch so i cannot use choidujournx and i don't have a working nand backup for it

7. Dev_

Dev_ Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    Morocco
    thx sir for the clarification !

8. aihooo444

aihooo444 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2019
    United States
    I am fully setup on emunand for past week but today i was installing an update file through usb on tinfoil for Ys VIII Lacrimosa of DANA [01007F200B0C0800][v262144] and if crashed then when i rebooted it keeps crashing it will show kosmos logo then sept logo then atomosphere black logo then when it switches to the official nintendo logo it crashes with error code
    2002-4373 (0x222a02)
    Title: 010000000000001F

What can I do

Last edited by aihooo444, Jul 8, 2019
  9. Chino

Chino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Dumb question.

I know that Sysnand should be used for doing legit things, like playing online, and emuMMC for offline hackery. But I have 4 options. CFW (Sysnand), CFW (Emunand), Stock (Sysnand) and Stock (Emunand)

Is there any reason why I would want to run CFW on the sysnand, isn't that just going to lead to a ban hammer? I'm assuming the 2 I would want to be mainly running are CFW (Emunand) for hackery and Stock (Sysnand) for online. Am I right?

Last edited by Chino, Jul 8, 2019
  10. Trebuchet

Trebuchet GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2008
    Canada
    Is it best to remove games from the system memory before doing the NAND backup or it doesn't matter? It's a byte-per-byte dump? What happens if there's a legit game in system memory and the same game as backup in sd memory ? I guess I should "archive" the first one first.

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you want to play online, you have two options:
    1. 1 dirty emuNAND for hackery, and 1 clean sysNAND for online play.
    2. 1 dirty sysNAND for hackery, and 1 clean(ish) emuNAND for online play.
    Option #1 is highly recommended.

If a person is using a patched Switch on 4.1.0, then this doesn't apply; he or she will need two emuNANDs, since the 4.1.0 sysNAND can't be used for online play, and it can't be updated to play newer games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When it comes to actually making the backup, it doesn't matter. The backup is going to be the same size regardless, since it's a "byte-per-byte" dump. However, if your plan is to compress the backup to save storage space on your computer, you will want to remove your games from your NAND before making the backup.

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 8, 2019
    Chino likes this.
  12. Jroid3

Jroid3 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I think i found the source of the issue. when in TegraRCMSmash instead of saying "Smashed the stack with a 0x7000 byte SETUP" it says 0x0000 instead. so my switch is patched.

13. Trebuchet

Trebuchet GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2008
    Canada
    What happens if there's a game on system memory and the same game on SD memory? Two icons?

14. TheKirbyMan

TheKirbyMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    I have a question and I'm hoping some of you pro knowledgeable people can help me because I'm a bit lost.

I hacked my switch last year. I use an atmosphere payload injector to turn it on and load my custom firmware, I use tinfoil to install NSPs (I know this program has been replaced) and everything works perfectly for all the games I've installed.

Heres the issue. I'm on firmware 6.0.1 on my switch. New games such as Cadence of Hyrule require at least 7.0.1. How do I upgrade my firmware to say, 8.0.1 without messing everything up?

As its been a year since I did all this I'm a bit fuzzy on how to do this. Is it as simple as putting the new atmosphere version on my SD card? I've seen a few answers like, "Oh just use ChoiDujour to update" but I'm frankly not sure what that is or how to do it and the thread on it is over a year old and sort of intimidating.

If somebody could tell me the easiest way to do this I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by TheKirbyMan, Jul 8, 2019
  15. simonbmont

simonbmont Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    United States
    Just hacked my switch a few days, I want to use the hori d-pad joycon but in atmosphere the only button that's working is the screenshot button, every other button doesn't work including the dpad and stick. It's working when I don't go into CFW though so the joycon itself isn't broken. Any way to fix this?

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The save data for that game appears to be corrupted. You will either have to restore a NAND backup or perform a system initialization which will remove all installed content and save data. You can perform a system initialization by holding volume + and - when turning the console on. If you have AutoRCM enabled, hold the buttons after sending a payload that boots CFW/OFW.
    ChoiDujour does not support any firmware version higher than 6.1. Instead, use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your Switch firmware without burning fuses.

Lacius likes this.
  17. xplicatt

xplicatt Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2010
    Canada
    Not sure what happened but i partitioned my sd card but now even with the bootloader on the first partion it won't boot into hakate gui, only the scroll with volume up and down buttons. anyone know how to fix this. both are in fat 32 format

18. TheKirbyMan

TheKirbyMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    Okay I used ChoiDujour to update to 8.1.0. Problem now is when I try to load CFW it says "Failed to load sept".

I have the latest version of atmosphere and my sept folder is where it's supposed to be on the sd card root.

Any idea whats going on here?

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You need to have the latest version of Atmosphere and sept folder on the root of your SD card.

20. TheKirbyMan

TheKirbyMan Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2008
    Cheers for the help. I had both. But I found this bit of info on another thread.

"You have to select "payloads" and then "fusee-primary.bin"
    Hekate can't boot 8.1.0 so you have to launch that"

I just updated to 8.1.0 and I wasn't aware of this. When I selected fusee-primary instead it worked.

This stuff is confusing but I think I have a handle on it now.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted