SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. tacotikichris

tacotikichris Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2019
    United States
    Recently got Atmosphere 0.8.8 running on my Switch 8.0.0.

Noticed that my power button stopped working when I'm trying to put it to sleep or to power down the Switch. Does anybody know how to fix this? Or at least some hb app that allows me to power down the Switch.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Just sending a payload in of itself since its done before the system boots i.e. coldboot. Everything after that is what can lead to ban such as CFW or homebrew.
    Deja Vu can be made to work up to firmware 7.0.1

ChaoticCinnabon likes this.
  3. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    No, I’m not talking about anything from a banning perspective.

Besides, isn’t the reason behind hiding the Homebrew Channel in the gallery app is that it records it and any homebrew launched from within it as gallery usage?

I’m pretty sure that’s how it worked when launching the HBC from within a game on the 3DS.

Besides that Atmosphere has patches to block telemetry and reporting to Nintendo. SciresM has a long history within the Nintendo homebrew community, so I have complete faith in him and his abilities.

I’m not pirating anything, I pay for all my games, and right now the only homebrew I use besides ChoiDujourNX is Checkpoint.

All I want to know is if I can install an already downloaded update via the system settings. So I don’t have to go through the hassle of having to disable AutoRCM, boot into maintenance mode to delete the update, then renable AutoRCM.

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well if you don't mean from a banning perspective, updating via system settings with AutoRCM enabled or ChoiDujourNX is just 2 different paths that lead to the same result. The ChoiDujourNX route is a lot more steps since you would to download the firmware files, put them on your SD card, launch CFW then ChoiDujourNX, and do the whole process from there while the system update is just one click. An official system update without AutoRCM enabled will burn your fuses as well as performing a system update either without CFW or on a version of Atmosphere less than 0.8.4 which you can easily check in system settings (before a system update is downloaded).

5. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Hi- currently on SX and looking to update to play newer games. System on 6.0.1, have a clean nand backup of 5.1. Not using emunand or autoRCM but I'm open to it if necessary.

Wanting choudijour info: should I create an emunand on SD and then update FW on emunand? And sysnand would remain on 6.x?

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you create EmuNAND and update EmuNAND, SysNAND will stay on 6.0.1. Normaly people use EmuNAND for offline CFW and clean SysNAND for online.

7. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Thanks- wish I would have done more research before moving forward. Wondering what went wrong here. Just went from 6.2 to 7.1 with Choidujour and am getting black screen after attempting to launch CFW (and OFW) from SX menu screen. No Nintendo splash and no switch splash screens. I know I'm not totally screwed (yet) but I'll need help fixing this! Suppose I need to do a nand restore which will take me back to 5.1 with no exfat support. So then I would reformat SD to Fat 32, split the nand to work on that format, then attempt choudijour update again?

pLaYeR^^ likes this.
  8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You have the latest SX OS release on your micro sd?

9. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Right on player- forgot SX had taken a while to support 7.x so I'm up and running again.

10. silverpalm

silverpalm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2012
    if i have a title that wont install is that due to a bad dump of it
    im on 7.1 lastest goldleaf but get the error code that indicates i need a new firmware, tried to ignore needed firmware for both nand and sd card and use needed firmware to no provail its a nsp by the way a newish game
    thank you

11. erk

erk Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    United States
    Using RCM for first time.. what are the risks?

Sleep mode issues in SX? or was this resolved a while ago?

Battery issues? drains, overheating? Problems recharging or rebooting if battery is run down during either idleness or play?

I really don't mind taking an extra 4 seconds using the jig to avoid any potential issues. If I could just disable through SX menu I will. But that leads me to this:

I can no longer boot into OFW due to fuse check? Via either the SX options menu or just from powering on with no SD? Currently on 7.0 from 6.0.1 via choidujoir. Does having RCM enabled help with this fuse issue in some way?

And not really related, but

What about the emunand feature in SX? A few months ago folks here convinced me that the feature (on release) did not perform as advertised. But I think it may have been addressed by TX a while ago. Is it worth adding the hidden partition and using emunand? Now that my systems on 7.0 via choudijour what would I do at this point? Keep sysnand on 7.0 and update (eventually!) emunand to 8.0? I never backed up my 6.0.1 nand since it was pretty 'dirty' but my pre CFW nand backup (5.1) is intact. So if I have this, anything I mess up in the future can likely be fixed via a nand restore? Within reason of course :)

Thanks all! Been saving up some questions over here lol

12. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    1) Just make sure to power the console off from sx os menu when you have enabled autoRCM.
    2) If you have enabled autoRCM you can't simply boot in OFW because as soon as you boot your console, it directly enters RCM. You have to boot to OFW from the sx os menu. AutoRCM prevents that you boot to OFW with Nintendo boot loader in order to prevent fuses burning.
    3) EmuNAND allows you to keep SysNAND clean and play online while you run CFW in offline EmuNAND. Also you don't have to mess with SysNAND anymore. If EmuNAND bricks, just create a new one. But if you don't have created a backup of your clean SysNAND you should NOT use it for online.

13. zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2018
    Netherlands
    Which tool is the best to install nsp over usb?

14. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Goldtree.

zerohealinzz likes this.
  15. Saintseiya911

Saintseiya911 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    United States
    I'm having issues with nxtheme installer as its saying cant find cfw folder and I'm running sx os on 7.0.1 as I downloaded a theme off of the homebrew app store what do I do

Update found out my problem no sxos folder

Last edited by Saintseiya911, Apr 24, 2019
  16. gogi4349

gogi4349 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2017
    I updated from 4.0.1 to 7.0.1 choidujournx (latest vr) and everything install OK but everything went sideways after the reboot which activated auto rcm after that it wasn't loading past the Nintendo logo use hetake to deactivate auto rcm which now it let's me boot ofw but now it doesn't let me load any cfw I have try every latest one and none latest, any idea what is wrong with it?
    (forgot to mention when I try to use cfw it loads ofw normal and album doesn't load hbl)

Last edited by gogi4349, Apr 24, 2019
  17. Swing

Swing GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    Fatal error NXBoot... I have a hackable switch and I managed to downgrade my Switch but I can't run atomosphere anymore. I restrored my NAND to downgrade so what is wrong and what do I have to do to run CFW again?

18. er3eroMKII

er3eroMKII Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2018
    Brazil
    Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with Kosmos.
    I'm using SX OS to inject henkate. I've dump my keys, but when I choose the option "CFW" in the henkate menu i keep getting this error

"Failed to get TSEC keys, please try again
    Failed to launch firmware"

Last edited by er3eroMKII, Apr 24, 2019
  19. ZanderX420

ZanderX420 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    United States
    My brother accidentally downgraded from 7.0.1 to 4.0.1 for some reason it wont load past nintendo logo. Did i brick my console? Or is there hopefully a fix for this? I had 9 fuses burned.

20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Goldleaf is too buggy for my tastes. My personal recommendation is using USB install with Tinfoil and Aluminum Foil as the Windows client. That link also has a build of Tinfoil for you to download in case you don't have a working one already.

Reformat your SD card to FAT32.

When you say you restored your NAND, what exactly did you restore? What is your console's fuse count? You can check this by booting Hekate -> Tools -> Fuse Info. And what firmware was your NAND backup?

You have to load Hekate directly to dump those keys.

How did he downgrade? And did he perform a system initialization when downgrading? If not, try holding both volume + and - after sending a payload that boots CFW/OFW

silverpalm and er3eroMKII like this.