SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nope because you never know if you are playing locally with a hacked Switch so it would be unfair for Nintendo to ban people for doing just that. Also I don't even think consoles share any telemetry when connected locally.

2. Ali3n90

Ali3n90 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2019
    United States
    Hey guys, so I've been having issues with a few of the new titles (Trials Rising). I've installed the .NSP file from a different sources, however everytime I get the 2005-0005 Error.
    Do sig patches need to be updated or how does it work?
    It also happens with Diablo, FF Maxima..I use gold leaf on 7.0.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

3. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    Are there any downsides to updating from 5.1.0 to 7.0.1?
    Do you lose any features like sleep mode or Sys-NetCheat, or is there anything to wait for like CFW?

If there are not any downsides like those, how do you update to 7.0.1 from 5.1.0 with autoRCM and Atmosphere?

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    7.0.1 is currently a bit unstable (nsp installation). If you really need the latest version update with ChoiDujourNX (installs autoRCM by default).

Kotomine Kirei likes this.
  5. Milkaline

Milkaline Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2019
    United States
    Hey All,
    Recently due to my family not knowing or understanding the switch exploits they accidentally updated my hacked switch to 7.0. After that they wanted me to remove everything I had (hekate,kosmos) etc. and restore my system to my clean nand backup that I made so they could sell it.

Once I restored my switch in hekate using my nand backup upon booting my switch up (had rcm autoboot enabled prior) I boot into a blue screen and I can't do anything in it. Pressing the powerbutton only turns off the console and upong boot it is just the blue screen.

Is it possible for me to still go into rcm mode using a jig as auto rcm is not working???
    What do I do here. I just want to clean this switch and get rid of all the homebrew on it.

6. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    You burned fuses so you can’t restore backup of old firmware (you would always need to boot through custom boot loader). You also can’t make your switch clean anymore. If you sell it, the buyer will be possibly banned later on.

7. Milkaline

Milkaline Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2019
    United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is their anyway I can get it working then just to keep
    Is it even possible for me to go into RCM mode?

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Update to latest Atmosphère version. It already supports 7.0.1. If your switch isn’t patched you can always enter RCM independent of the firmware version.

9. Milkaline

Milkaline Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2019
    United States
    The thing is, no matter what buttons that I press on the switch I keep just getting the blue screen. I already have the updated atmosphere etc. How can i access crm mode on this blue screen?I cannot reset or anything. Would a jig work?

10. Vxxxon

Vxxxon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Hailsham, England
    could someone run me through a site or way to install themes on atmosphere? in the past ive tried but it confuses me is there a easy way

11. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    First power off the console. Then you need a way to short the pins (Jig or other method). And then press power and Vol UP to access RCM.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^, Mar 2, 2019
  12. toxxicxmodz

toxxicxmodz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    If I keep my SX OS Emunand on 6.2.0 but update to lastest firmware on Sysnand will everything still work okay?

13. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Yes emunand works fine

toxxicxmodz likes this.
  14. darkziosj

darkziosj GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2013
    Colombia
    Medellin
    How can i backup save data from a original game played in cfw? SX OS won't detect the game, any good alternatives?

15. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere bruh

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Use checkpoint or jksv to backup saves

darkziosj and Lacius like this.
  16. toxxicxmodz

toxxicxmodz Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    thanks

17. Milkaline

Milkaline Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2019
    United States
    Alright I will try to do that. The thing is I use a buggy paperclip and it only works a bit of the time. Due to the blue screen popping up when i press any button I have no way of telling if it is going to even work

18. Milkaline

Milkaline Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2019
    United States
    I've been trying a jig for the past hour but every time I press the volume up and power it just goes right to the blue screen.

I have no clue on what to do now. Is it impossible for me to go to recovery mode?

19. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    As player said you burnt fuses. If you restored your backup you need to use hekate to boot stock, then update officially while booting stock that way to update the console again. That should fix the fuse mismatch :)

20. Milkaline

Milkaline Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2019
    United States
    Just got my jig to work, Now in hekate. So I will try to restore my backup and now boot stock!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted