Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am finding it insanely difficult to do anything via mac, there are barely any guides or help aimed for mac users, So I am reading between the lines of other user's threads and not getting the full story or good results.

I have been searching for the best part of a week now but I just can't seem to get anything working via python, (its installed okay and successfully) but terminal cmds are admittedly not a strong point for me. Once installed I try to run Fluffy which I need for network or USB installs however it wont load and I get a terminal error. My only other option seems to be installing via SD card, but now I can't find a decent XCI to NSP convertor for mac either, plenty on 4NXCI but windows only, and again any unsupported outdated community port I have found i ran into the same problems via terminal.

Is there anyone out there successfully installing back ups via a mac that can maybe help a noob in need?
You could also run windows in a virtual machine.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I read that it's possible to update a switch firmware by connecting another switch to it.

Now I got one switch on firmware 6.2 and one I keep on the latest firmware and online.

But I would like to set up some co-op stardew valley without updating the 6.2 one.

Is there any risk in connecting co-op mode?

Sno206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay made some decent headway this past day, my hopefully last question is, Is there a 4gb .NSP limit when installing to FAT32 via USB? Or does the limit only apply to SD to SD/NAND installations? Having issues installing any back ups over 4GB but was under the impressions it wouldn't matter when installing via usb.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Okay made some decent headway this past day, my hopefully last question is, Is there a 4gb .NSP limit when installing to FAT32 via USB? Or does the limit only apply to SD to SD/NAND installations? Having issues installing any back ups over 4GB but was under the impressions it wouldn't matter when installing via usb.
No, usb install allows to install games with more than 4GB. Also installing from sd allows that but you would need to split them.

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello again guys, after reading all the tutorial and that I thought of installing Ctcaer and Atlas NX Kosmos on 7.0.1 but I have a question:
Can I use goldleaf to install nsp connecting my switch to the pc with this CFW? Or does that only work with atmosphere? Thanks!

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in one thread that it warned repeatedly not to use sleep mode when running CFW or bad things could happen to my console. Is that outdated info or is it still valid?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello again guys, after reading all the tutorial and that I thought of installing Ctcaer and Atlas NX Kosmos on 7.0.1 but I have a question:
Can I use goldleaf to install nsp connecting my switch to the pc with this CFW? Or does that only work with atmosphere? Thanks!
Kosmos includes Atmosphère. So it works, yes.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I read in one thread that it warned repeatedly not to use sleep mode when running CFW or bad things could happen to my console. Is that outdated info or is it still valid?

What!??? That's completely wrong info. If anything, using sleep mode with CFW gives us an even greater advantage, because since you are not shutting down the Switch, you won't have to go through the process of entering RCM, sending payload and entering CFW each time you want to use the Switch. Definitely outdated, where'd you hear this??

Reactions: blaisedinsd

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I read that it's possible to update a switch firmware by connecting another switch to it.

Now I got one switch on firmware 6.2 and one I keep on the latest firmware and online.

But I would like to set up some co-op stardew valley without updating the 6.2 one.

Is there any risk in connecting co-op mode?
Nope because you never know if you are playing locally with a hacked Switch so it would be unfair for Nintendo to ban people for doing just that. Also I don't even think consoles share any telemetry when connected locally.

Ali3n90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I've been having issues with a few of the new titles (Trials Rising). I've installed the .NSP file from a different sources, however everytime I get the 2005-0005 Error.
Do sig patches need to be updated or how does it work?
It also happens with Diablo, FF Maxima..I use gold leaf on 7.0.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any downsides to updating from 5.1.0 to 7.0.1?
Do you lose any features like sleep mode or Sys-NetCheat, or is there anything to wait for like CFW?

If there are not any downsides like those, how do you update to 7.0.1 from 5.1.0 with autoRCM and Atmosphere?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Are there any downsides to updating from 5.1.0 to 7.0.1?
Do you lose any features like sleep mode or Sys-NetCheat, or is there anything to wait for like CFW?

If there are not any downsides like those, how do you update to 7.0.1 from 5.1.0 with autoRCM and Atmosphere?
7.0.1 is currently a bit unstable (nsp installation). If you really need the latest version update with ChoiDujourNX (installs autoRCM by default).

Reactions: Kotomine Kirei

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,
Recently due to my family not knowing or understanding the switch exploits they accidentally updated my hacked switch to 7.0. After that they wanted me to remove everything I had (hekate,kosmos) etc. and restore my system to my clean nand backup that I made so they could sell it.

Once I restored my switch in hekate using my nand backup upon booting my switch up (had rcm autoboot enabled prior) I boot into a blue screen and I can't do anything in it. Pressing the powerbutton only turns off the console and upong boot it is just the blue screen.

Is it possible for me to still go into rcm mode using a jig as auto rcm is not working???
What do I do here. I just want to clean this switch and get rid of all the homebrew on it.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey All,
Recently due to my family not knowing or understanding the switch exploits they accidentally updated my hacked switch to 7.0. After that they wanted me to remove everything I had (hekate,kosmos) etc. and restore my system to my clean nand backup that I made so they could sell it.

Once I restored my switch in hekate using my nand backup upon booting my switch up (had rcm autoboot enabled prior) I boot into a blue screen and I can't do anything in it. Pressing the powerbutton only turns off the console and upong boot it is just the blue screen.

Is it possible for me to still go into rcm mode using a jig as auto rcm is not working???
What do I do here. I just want to clean this switch and get rid of all the homebrew on it.
You burned fuses so you can’t restore backup of old firmware (you would always need to boot through custom boot loader). You also can’t make your switch clean anymore. If you sell it, the buyer will be possibly banned later on.

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You burned fuses so you can’t restore backup of old firmware (you would always need to boot through custom boot loader). You also can’t make your switch clean anymore. If you sell it, the buyer will be possibly banned later on.[/QUOT/E]
Is their anyway I can get it working then just to keep
Is it even possible for me to go into RCM mode?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You burned fuses so you can’t restore backup of old firmware (you would always need to boot through custom boot loader). You also can’t make your switch clean anymore. If you sell it, the buyer will be possibly banned later on.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update to latest Atmosphère version. It already supports 7.0.1. If your switch isn’t patched you can always enter RCM independent of the firmware version.

Milkaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to latest Atmosphère version. It already supports 7.0.1. If your switch isn’t patched you can always enter RCM independent of the firmware version.
The thing is, no matter what buttons that I press on the switch I keep just getting the blue screen. I already have the updated atmosphere etc. How can i access crm mode on this blue screen?I cannot reset or anything. Would a jig work?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The thing is, no matter what buttons that I press on the switch I keep just getting the blue screen. I already have the updated atmosphere etc. How can i access crm mode on this blue screen?I cannot reset or anything. Would a jig work?
First power off the console. Then you need a way to short the pins (Jig or other method). And then press power and Vol UP to access RCM.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge