Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to inject switch on phone without otg cable? I have a normal usb c to micro usb and it doesn't connect to switch :(
I use a C to C cable on my note 8 and s9, works fine. Either your phone doesn't support OTG or doesn't support OTG without the proper adapter.

JMDBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked and it does....not even sure if I'm getting switch in rcm mode in first place or if it's supported anyway by the serial key
My serial number is: XAJ70017443701 and I'm not sure it's able to be hacked or not

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have the switch on normally can you see the switch sd files? Mine says it's unstable and sticks to charging only when the switch is on. Is it the same if on recovery mode?

illumunatic1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all, I have 2 SD cards, one with 200 gb and one with 128gb.the 128 one was the last I used. Today my wife buyed a 400gb and I copyed all the stuff from both old SD cards to the 400gb one. All of em are formatted in exfat. The problem is now that when I use the 400gb one just about 50 games are playable the rest shows the cloud icon.is it not possible to copy from two cards to a bigger one?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Yea.. I realised this too late :( . I'm trying to read up a bit on DevMenu, it looks like it's just like tinfoil, or an NSP installer, how would this help me? Do you have an idea or something I can go off of? Does DevMenu let you change things in settings etc without going online?
DevMenu has a way to unlink the Nintendo Account from the User.
How does one use xbins to get the firmware files? What I mean is, I only find the NFO and their link to the Nintendo web site on that site. I find the firmware files on the dark site (not DU).
Their site has instructions on how you connect to their FTP client.
Hi. Not sure how to explain this, but I’ll try.

I use autoRCM on Fw 5.1 (updated from 2.3 via ChoiDujourNX, SD card is fat32) andi use tegrasmashGUI on my PC to push the payload. I think it is CtcaerMod 3.1 that I use.

When I power on to RCM after taking out my sd card, and connect tegrasmasGUI ... it shows I am in RCM mode - and I push the payload, my Switch screen what I consider a “splash screen” and says “Hekate IPL” for a second or so and then changes to blank screen. I disconnect and reconnect the usb and repeat the process, and the launch process is “normal” Hekate —- allowing me to access the Hekate menu and eventually launch CFW.

My question is... what’s going on and is there anything I can do to avoid having to push the payload twice?

(If the answer is to update my payload and sd files, I can do that - but would like guidance there too, as i am nervous about over-writing some file and messing up AutoRCM or burning fuses. I think I have NoGC enabled too, but not 100% sure.)

Thanks in advance!
This is the Auto HOS Power Off. When the console enters RCM from Horizon (CFW/OFW) and you have Auto HOS Power Off enabled, when you send Hekate as a payload it will automatically turn off the console. The GitHub page/GBATemp thread can explain what the purpose of this is and how to disable it.
Hello

I am new to the switch scene. I am familiar with the doing PS Vita mods and Wii U mods.

I have bought a Splatoon bundle switch used and the firmware was updated to 6.01. I have bought a few physical games id like to update. I have no interest in playing online. Should I update to 6.2 or keep it on 6.01.

Do I need a RCM Jig to boot to RCM mode and deliver payloads or buy a SX-Pro? I might buy a joycon rail and solder it. I have read that updating to 6.2 will kill sleep mode and some other features missing. I don't care for playing the latest games only emulation and Retroarch. I bought physical Minecraft, Lego Worlds and Portal Knights for my child. I would like to update those but don't mind waiting if I cannot update from the Nintendo updates and need a different method.

I have tried to read the FAQs here and on Reddit, but there are many new software terms and items i am not familiar with. I see Atmosphere has been update to 6.2? Tinfoil is for loading game patches?. What are my best options to get this switch modded, I can use a PC to deliver payloads vs buying a SX-Pro?
thanks in advance.
Currently, the only CFW that supports 6.2 is Atmosphere and there are no signs on when that support will come to SX OS so it might be better to save that money and just use the free CFW. If its anything like the 3DS scene, it will die just like Gateway and free CFW will take over. But regardless if you go with SX OS or Atmosphere, you will need a jig to enter RCM and either a USB cable or dongle (e.g. SX Pro) to send payloads.

Tinfoil is a homebrew application. Its primarily a title manager but its mainly used as a title installer. What this means is that it installs game backups. The format supported is .NSP which are installable content for the Switch such as eShop games.

The best guide for 6.2 support with Atmosphere is this one.
hi guys,

i have a bit of a dilemma here :/ i have a switch, which is not patched! however, am i correct in saying if i go down the jailbreak route i cannot play games online because nintendo will ban the console? is there an alternative to play games online via different servers? or is it a case of playing games offline and thats it?

it's for my sons xmas and i dont want to take this option away if he decides to play online with friends (hes only 7) i guess there is no way to do both is there? and pay for the games he decides to play online.

also, i have mario kart 8 and tried to register a new account/transfer existing account on the switch but its asking me to do a system update. is there a way to avoid this and still register? i am currently on 4.0.1 and not sure if i should update to latest....what do you guys think?

cheers

cameron
If you hack the console, you risk it getting banned and there is no definitive way to avoid it getting banned. You're better off buying a second console for your son as one day, he might find that he is unable to play with his friends. I recommend buying a patched console for him as those should be cheaper since they cannot be hacked.

And to link an account to a console, it has to be on firmware 6.X which you can either do normally and burn fuses making it impossible to downgrade or hack the console and use the homebrew application, ChoiDujourNX, to update the firmware without burning fuses.
One thing I'm afraid of:

I keep my enunand on 4.1, same as sysnad, because I'm afraid if I'm launch into OFW switch will brick .

I mean, lets say I boot switch normally, with emunand in 6.2 and OFW on 4.1 What would happen? It would have previously burn fuses so it wont start since the fuise count > than 4.1, or even if it burns them right there its the same problem.

And a nand backup wont work because it will be from OFW 4.1.

Worst case scenario, if that happens and I ahve like 6 fuses burnt in 4.1, can I update thought hekate choidujour or something?
If you boot your Switch normally, you will boot into OFW. You cannot boot normally into EmuNAND aka CFW hence why there is no risk of it bricking or burning fuses.
Alrighty, so, i've recently bought a switch (i went for the smash ultimate limited edition).
It came with firmware version 4.1, however i didn't want to fiddle with it and risking messing it up (i really want to play smash ultimate) especially since i've recently read that online with a CFW isn't really safe yet.
As such, i'm now on 6.2.

Questions are:
  1. I've read something about burnt fuses, what's up with that?
  2. Was there any chance i could've played smash ultimate through a CFW before proceeding with the update?
  3. What options are left for me currently if my goal is having a CFW + smash ultimate with online functionalities?
  1. The console has 32 fuses in it that are burnt on certain firmware updates. The purpose of this is to prevent the console from booting lower firmwares aka downgrading. We have ways to update without burning these as well as bypass the fuse check when turning on the console but it is virtually impossible to unburn fuses. The primary reason you would not want to burn fuses is to take advantage of future exploits on lower firmwares. Regardless, burnt fuses are irreversible so I recommend avoiding burning them in the first place
  2. No
  3. Either buy a second console or follow the best way to avoid getting banned here.
Hi folks,

I'm after a little guidance, i've not used my switch in at least a couple months, it's currently on 5.1 and is pre-emu nand.

My main questions are;

Can i backup my existing game saves, will they work post upgrade?
Do i need to restore/go back to clean pre sxos prior to installing emu nand?
Assuming I'm content with using the jig etc, I can just update normally, or should i explicity try to keep fuses for XYZ reason?
They will work after you update but you can still back them up regardless.

Since saves are stored on the NAND and EmuNAND is just a copy of your NAND, you don't need to restore them unless you make progress in either SysNAND or EmuNAND and you wish to transfer your progress to the other NAND.

If you don't care about future exploits on lower firmwares, such as the coveted untethered coldboot, then you can try avoiding on burning your fuses as much as possible. If not, then you can just irreversibly burn them.
Hey all, I have 2 SD cards, one with 200 gb and one with 128gb.the 128 one was the last I used. Today my wife buyed a 400gb and I copyed all the stuff from both old SD cards to the 400gb one. All of em are formatted in exfat. The problem is now that when I use the 400gb one just about 50 games are playable the rest shows the cloud icon.is it not possible to copy from two cards to a bigger one?
Check to see if the 400 GB SD card is fake or not with a tool such as h2testw or FakeFlashTest.

Grawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Switch that came with 4.x firmware and wasn't patched. I've enabled RCM, booted ReinX, upgraded to firmware 5.0.2, installed ReinX again and enabled autoRCM. I then used tinfoil to install some nps/xci games, such as Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. These work without a problem.

Meanwhile I've been installing more games, and most work. However, when I try Starlink or Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee! I get the messaged "the software was closed because an error occured". I've tried with different releases, but it always ends up giving me that error. I've installed with the firmware ignore option.

Just now I've set up Atmosphere, tried a few games, but when I try Starlink or Pokémon, during the loading screen the Switch would freeze (where ReinX would cause an error). I've tried searching, but I can't find anyone else who seems to have this issue.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Switch that came with 4.x firmware and wasn't patched. I've enabled RCM, booted ReinX, upgraded to firmware 5.0.2, installed ReinX again and enabled autoRCM. I then used tinfoil to install some nps/xci games, such as Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. These work without a problem.

Meanwhile I've been installing more games, and most work. However, when I try Starlink or Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee! I get the messaged "the software was closed because an error occured". I've tried with different releases, but it always ends up giving me that error. I've installed with the firmware ignore option.

Just now I've set up Atmosphere, tried a few games, but when I try Starlink or Pokémon, during the loading screen the Switch would freeze (where ReinX would cause an error). I've tried searching, but I can't find anyone else who seems to have this issue.
Those games need firmware 5.1 in order to launch. I recommend updating your firmware with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Grawler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those games need firmware 5.1 in order to launch. I recommend updating your firmware with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Alright, so I should have picked firmware a bit higher. I'll wait for my jig to arrive (used the tinfoil method to get into RCM and that wasn't fun) and see if that works. Thanks.

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  1. The console has 32 fuses in it that are burnt on certain firmware updates. The purpose of this is to prevent the console from booting lower firmwares aka downgrading. We have ways to update without burning these as well as bypass the fuse check when turning on the console but it is virtually impossible to unburn fuses. The primary reason you would not want to burn fuses is to take advantage of future exploits on lower firmwares. Regardless, burnt fuses are irreversible so I recommend avoiding burning them in the first place
  2. No
  3. Either buy a second console or follow the best way to avoid getting banned here.

Point 3 specifies how to avoid being banned when using hacks. I only care about "legit" online play + free games.
I don't mind if i have to play cracked games in offline-only mode, as long as i can keep playing i own online. (so for example i own smash ultimate, i'd love to keep playing it without having to restore backups over and over).
I guess right now i can only wait for a way to get a CFW on 6.2, is there currently any way i can keep playing smash ultimate online while avoid burning fuses if a new update is released?

Regarding the 2nd point, i think i phrased it poorly, so just to be sure: Given that my console started with firmware 4.1 and that smash ultimate needs 6.2, would've it been possible to install a CFW on 4.1 and then being able to play smash ultimate once it's released? https://switch.hacks.guide/ mentions that from 3.0.1 and above there's no CFW available, yet newer threads on gbatemp suggest otherwise?

Thank you a lot for taking the time to reply! :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point 3 specifies how to avoid being banned when using hacks. I only care about "legit" online play + free games.
I don't mind if i have to play cracked games in offline-only mode, as long as i can keep playing i own online. (so for example i own smash ultimate, i'd love to keep playing it without having to restore backups over and over).
I guess right now i can only wait for a way to get a CFW on 6.2, is there currently any way i can keep playing smash ultimate online while avoid burning fuses if a new update is released?

Regarding the 2nd point, i think i phrased it poorly, so just to be sure: Given that my console started with firmware 4.1 and that smash ultimate needs 6.2, would've it been possible to install a CFW on 4.1 and then being able to play smash ultimate once it's released? https://switch.hacks.guide/ mentions that from 3.0.1 and above there's no CFW available, yet newer threads on gbatemp suggest otherwise?

Thank you a lot for taking the time to reply! :)
It is impossible to play cracked games offline and then play legitimate games online; you risk a ban by doing so. Just because you stay offline doesn't mean you are avoiding a ban, you're merely delaying the inevitable. I linked that thread because that is the recommended way to use a hacked Switch without getting banned. Also, there is a CFW that supports 6.2 which is Atmosphere.

Smash doesn't need 6.2 for the base game. It has a firmware requirement of 5.1. Online play is a different story and given that there is going to be a day 1 patch, that will most likely require firmware 6.2.

Lastly, the thread you linked is severely outdated and should not be referenced. All firmwares are exploitable because we have an unpatchable hardware exploit. What determines vulnerability is the serial number of the console. As long as that is good, you can hack the console. A more up-to-date guide on the current hacking scene as well as for the CFW Atmosphere can be found here.

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is impossible to play cracked games offline and then play legitimate games online; you risk a ban by doing so. Just because you stay offline doesn't mean you are avoiding a ban, you're merely delaying the inevitable. I linked that thread because that is the recommended way to use a hacked Switch without getting banned. Also, there is a CFW that supports 6.2 which is Atmosphere.

Smash doesn't need 6.2 for the base game. It has a firmware requirement of 5.1. Online play is a different story and given that there is going to be a day 1 patch, that will most likely require firmware 6.2.

Lastly, the thread you linked is severely outdated and should not be referenced. All firmwares are exploitable because we have an unpatchable hardware exploit. What determines vulnerability is the serial number of the console. As long as that is good, you can hack the console. A more up-to-date guide on the current hacking scene as well as for the CFW Atmosphere can be found here.

Well, knowing that i couldn't have played both cracked games and legit games online without shenanigans puts me at ease at least. :)
Altho to be fair the guide you linked specifies that: "Atmosphère includes the creport module. This module will store crash dumps to your SD card and does not report them to Nintendo. This means that you can safely use Homebrew."... so i guess it's both safe and unsafe? It should at least prevent bans for using pirated games.
That said i haven't seen a single report of a switch from the smash ultimate bundle being vulnerable, which means i wouldn't have been able to hack it anyway (unless i'm truly lucky).

Do you know if there's any way for me to keep updating & playing online without burning fuses? So that if CFWs catch up with nintendo i'll have better odds at being able to diving in.

Once again, thank for you for your help. :)

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Altho to be fair the guide you linked specifies that: "Atmosphère includes the creport module. This module will store crash dumps to your SD card and does not report them to Nintendo. This means that you can safely use Homebrew."... so i guess it's both safe and unsafe? It should at least prevent bans for using pirated games.

Nintendo isn't detecting your pirated games through crash reports, it's detecting them because it realizes you've got invalid tickets on your system. Atmosphere's creport prevents Nintendo from using crash reports to ban you, it doesn't stop any other detection methods they may have.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Dark_Entrophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I've got a jig now and I want to hack my 3.0 Switch. I've also got a hackable console I'm going to keep updated for proper online play. With Smash coming out, I want to buy it for my 'legit' system and then back up the cart for my hacked Switch. I was going to install ReiNX on it, but was told by someone else that 'KosMos' is a better option, but I haven't seen much on that here on the forums. Does anyone know more about the various options available to me that would be able to perform cart dumps for the purpose of backing up my games, their relative pros and cons, and have a link to an in-depth guide for them?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've got a jig now and I want to hack my 3.0 Switch. I've also got a hackable console I'm going to keep updated for proper online play. With Smash coming out, I want to buy it for my 'legit' system and then back up the cart for my hacked Switch. I was going to install ReiNX on it, but was told by someone else that 'KosMos' is a better option, but I haven't seen much on that here on the forums. Does anyone know more about the various options available to me that would be able to perform cart dumps for the purpose of backing up my games, their relative pros and cons, and have a link to an in-depth guide for them?
All CFW are pretty similar when it comes to the basics such as homebrew, backup launching, modding, etc. The differences between them are just minor. For example, KosMos, which first of all is not really a CFW but a compilation of SD Files using Atmosphere as the base, has more stability than ReiNX as well as some anti-banning modules such as creport. When it comes to dumping games, any CFW will do.

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendo isn't detecting your pirated games through crash reports, it's detecting them because it realizes you've got invalid tickets on your system. Atmosphere's creport prevents Nintendo from using crash reports to ban you, it doesn't stop any other detection methods they may have.

Oh that's good to know, thank you for chiming in! :D

However, one last question: can i keep my system updated (in order to play smash ultimate online, i'm currently on 6.2) without burning my fuses?
Odds are that my switch model isn't a "first generation switch", so i guess there's nothing i can do, however if there was a way to upgrade while keeping the possibility to downgrade it would be great. ^.^

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's good to know, thank you for chiming in! :D

However, one last question: can i keep my system updated (in order to play smash ultimate online, i'm currently on 6.2) without burning my fuses?
Odds are that my switch model isn't a "first generation switch", so i guess there's nothing i can do, however if there was a way to upgrade while keeping the possibility to downgrade it would be great. ^.^
You take an inherent risk of being banned if you update your firmware without burning fuses but play online.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying a Switch at Gamestop *with smash* next week...ok What do I exactly need to use CFW on it.. mos;y interested in the Emus and custom options.

I have to check the bar code???
Basically confirm if the Serial Number is patched or not. Firmware is pretty much irrelevant. You can check the list of Serial Numbers here.

Reactions: Something whatever

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You take an inherent risk of being banned if you update your firmware without burning fuses but play online.

Guess that answers all my questions then.
Looks like my only safe option is to keep updating and enjoying smash ultimate. :D
Hopefully the switch will get the same amount of hacks going on as the 3ds. ^.^

One last time, thank you for taking the time to help clueless users like me, have a great day!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I'm sure GS gives you a random switch when you buy it, Guess I have to ask.

Time to do homework. thanks :D..oh BTW I need an adapter thingy?
Nope, no adapters required. Just something conductive to enter RCM with like a 3D printed jig or paperclip and a USB-C cable.

Reactions: Something whatever

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1