Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey! are hekate.ipl.ini and exosphere.ini txt files? Or how do I make them?
They are just plain text files, you can make them with notepad, just remember to change the file type to all files when you save otherwise notepad will add the *.txt extension to your filename.

Reactions: Okayermi

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, that's the extent of my knowledge of modding. Since your question pertains to a specific game, I'd recommend asking in the thread I linked earlier.

Try deleting all of the files on the SD card except the payload.bin then downloading these files and place them on the SD card instead.
I did this with the advanced pack from the link, but still stuck on a black screen after boot logo in CFW and stock.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it depends on which chip is being installed but since you mentioned Atmosphere, I'm going to assume it is the hwfly (if I'm wrong, please correct me). With that out of the way, you can just quickly copy all of the files from your old SD card, minus the Nintendo folder, then put them on a new SD card and insert that into the OLED console. Then depending on if you originally used Hekate or fusee with your Erista model, rename either Hekate.bin or fusee.bin to payload.bin and place that on the root of the new SD card as well. If all goes well, it should boot up to the setup you had on your first console without all of the games or save data of course.

It's either the latest OLED v4 hwfly or a clone, I really can't tell but was from an ali seller w solid reviews, and fair price.
I just wanted to try and pre-emptively setup an SD card to test out the switch in front of the installer, to make sure it's connected and working right before I take it home.

My only question is the old Erista was an early SX OS cfw, now on Atmosphere. When I use a dongle to cold boot it, it launches into Hekate, and then I launch it into emunand atmosphere.
The OLED obviously doesn't have an SX use history, so when I copy the old SD card over, should I change anything specifically?

calculathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Between these two tools there’s almost nothing you can’t do with *nand.

NXNANDManagerQ: Got a naughty emunand that won’t behave?
EMUTool —A: between these tools it’s everything you could possible want to do to an emunand (and a little more…)

Let Hekate format your partitions and then use the above to manipulate Nand image in place…

If it requires more than chkdsk X: /f
…you really don’t want that drive around anyway.
Hi binkinator,

I got a new 512GB micro sd card and first tried to restore the emunand partition and the fat32 files. However that ended up with action the same way as before- black screen at boot.
So I recreated the partition and emuMMC from hekate with a fresh install. This finally fixed the black screen hang.

Now the question is how can I transfer the game files and the game saves from recovered old installation Fat32 files and the emuMMC partition backup FULL_NAND.bin?

I would really appreciate any help on this.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi binkinator,

I got a new 512GB micro sd card and first tried to restore the emunand partition and the fat32 files. However that ended up with action the same way as before- black screen at boot.
So I recreated the partition and emuMMC from hekate with a fresh install. This finally fixed the black screen hang.

Now the question is how can I transfer the game files and the game saves from recovered old installation Fat32 files and the emuMMC partition backup FULL_NAND.bin?

I would really appreciate any help on this.
NXNandManager can look at your old backups and pull the /User/Saves out of it. There’s a blurb on the front page of the GitHub.

1659565953829.png

You can then use JKSV to import the save files back into you new Emunand.

As for the games…I wouldn’t mess with anything coming out of a busted emunand…just download and reinstall before you restore your game saves.

Last edited by binkinator,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this with the advanced pack from the link, but still stuck on a black screen after boot logo in CFW and stock.
Does the console boot up without an SD card inserted?
It's either the latest OLED v4 hwfly or a clone, I really can't tell but was from an ali seller w solid reviews, and fair price.
I just wanted to try and pre-emptively setup an SD card to test out the switch in front of the installer, to make sure it's connected and working right before I take it home.

My only question is the old Erista was an early SX OS cfw, now on Atmosphere. When I use a dongle to cold boot it, it launches into Hekate, and then I launch it into emunand atmosphere.
The OLED obviously doesn't have an SX use history, so when I copy the old SD card over, should I change anything specifically?
Assuming its the hwfly, you shouldn't need to change anything outside of what I said to change earlier.

PumpkinBoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fairly specific question, I hope this is an appropriate place to post this:

Does JKSV allow me to preserve multiple Animal Crossing New Horizons islands? If I backup my existing save/island and then delete it and start a new one, can I reinsert my old save/island later with no drawbacks or risk of being banned?

If there is a risk of being banned after reinserting an old save/island, how can it be avoided?
Do I have to never use Animal Crossing's online features again?
Or would any online activity after that, regardless of game, be risky?

To be clear I only want to backup and restore ACNH saves. No other games, and no additional editing.
I've looked around a lot and what little information I've found seems to be conflicting. (To me at least, maybe I'm misunderstanding)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a fairly specific question, I hope this is an appropriate place to post this:

Does JKSV allow me to preserve multiple Animal Crossing New Horizons islands? If I backup my existing save/island and then delete it and start a new one, can I reinsert my old save/island later with no drawbacks or risk of being banned?

If there is a risk of being banned after reinserting an old save/island, how can it be avoided?
Do I have to never use Animal Crossing's online features again?
Or would any online activity after that, regardless of game, be risky?

To be clear I only want to backup and restore ACNH saves. No other games, and no additional editing.
I've looked around a lot and what little information I've found seems to be conflicting. (To me at least, maybe I'm misunderstanding)

No guarantees of course, but as long as your not changing the saves the risk of using just CFW (none) and JKSV (just homebrew) is pretty damn small.

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

PumpkinBoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No guarantees of course, but as long as your not changing the saves the risk of using just CFW (none) and JKSV (just homebrew) is pretty damn small.

Switch Banning Hub — The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!
Oh thank you! I'll read through that thread.

I should have mentioned this in my first comment, but what has me worried is a video showing how to backup and restore Animal Crossing saves using JKSV. The uploader mentioned in the comments that you should absolutely keep the game offline after restoring an old island save.

I would link to it, but new accounts aren't supposed to post links. It's titled How To - Custom firmware Switch, Backup/Restore saves, and Animal Crossing Island. [Part1/2] JKSV if that helps. This comment is a reply to the very first comment below the video. (The person he's responding to isn't me by the way haha)

Last edited by PumpkinBoot,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thank you! I'll read through that thread.

I should have mentioned this in my first comment, but what has me worried is a video showing how to backup and restore Animal Crossing saves using JKSV. The uploader mentioned in the comments that you should absolutely keep the game offline after restoring an old island save.

I would link to it, but new accounts aren't supposed to post links. It's titled How To - Custom firmware Switch, Backup/Restore saves, and Animal Crossing Island. [Part1/2] JKSV if that helps. This comment is a reply to the very first comment below the video. (The person he's responding to isn't me by the way haha)

Will take a look. I was speaking more to the practices of JKSV and CFW that folks typically ask about. Each of the things we’re talking about alone won’t get you banned but I see where the change of save file status for a particular switch with this particular game might get you flagged.

E: This looks like the right one:

I see the comment where it’s asked and answered that ACNH saves are watched ”like a hawk”.

Here’s a thread talking about doing pretty much what we’re discussing and there are some folks that say it’s fine as long as you don’t edit and others that say you’ll get flagged.

I would think that they watch for people cheating ”like a Hawk” but maybe since this is a system level save rather than a profile save they flag any changes whatsoever?

I’d confirm this specific use case in the banning hub thread to be more safe.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to mod Xenoverse 2 but the file I need to change is over 4GB and was split with nxdumptool since my SD is formatted to FAT32. Is it possible to re-split it and use it like that with LayeredFS or should I bite the bullet and just go with exFAT instead?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find the non-gui version?
I have the same problem but changing cable doesn't work. I've tried restarting my pc, updating my drivers, changing usb port and it still doesn't respond when I try to inject Hekate
I'm having an issue with TeraRCM not responding when injecting hekate. None of these solutions have worked

welcome to gbatemp!
(please don’t necro and cross post)

You can find the non-gui version of TegraRCM here: https://github.com/rajkosto/TegraRcmSmash

What error are you seeing when you try to inject a payload?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TegraRCM is freezing and not responding (Sorry, I accidentally sent the message twice)

we will need more details around when it’s freezing in order to diagnose the issue.

Does it freeze by just opening up the executable?
Does it start correctly and freeze only when you attempt to inject something?
If it’s the latter, what are you trying to inject at the time and where did you get the payload?

the more details you can provide, the better!

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am about to update my Switch and was wondering what the latest safe update is so that the Sig patches work?

What is a rebootless update?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all