Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we still using Daybreak to install updates? I didn't see it in the SD Setup package.
yes…it’s the bees knees!
Nevermind, i see the daybreak file now.
all good. Just don’t use Choi anymore.
Are people still using Awoo installer for installing titles?
Sure. if you like Awoo, try Tinwoo.

But don’t take my word for it. in fact here are some others to try:
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. (Recommend the Self installing version.)
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

theultikirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I want to play a Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion mod called Rainbow Expansion. I have it downloaded to my Day 1 Switch, but it also shared on the same account with my primary Mariko Switch. How would I go about playing this mod? It seems the data is on my Day 1 Switch after I tried redownloading it twice. It still will not let me boot the DLC saying to go to the eShop.

I bought the DLC when it launched in 2018, but Nintendo made it a part of the NSO Expansion this year. How will I be able to play this awesome mod? Will I need to create a different user to go online and redownload it? I am stuck here.

calculathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
NXNandManager can look at your old backups and pull the /User/Saves out of it. There’s a blurb on the front page of the GitHub.

View attachment 321017

You can then use JKSV to import the save files back into you new Emunand.

As for the games…I wouldn’t mess with anything coming out of a busted emunand…just download and reinstall before you restore your game saves.

Thanks a lot for this info:

I really want to give restoring the old game installs first. I have about 250+GB games. I will download everything again as a last resort if possible.

So since I didn't have a guıide to receover the old game installs, I tried the following;
After I got a new emuMMC and Fat32 partition working, I partially restored the USER section of the old emuMMC partition to the new one and also copied the following directories:
everything under: \\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\save
and
everything under: \\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered
However I didn't get the games :-(

Is there a guide I can follow? There has to be something I could try.
Could you please point me in the correct direction about this?
I will fresh install everything if nothing else works.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for this info:

I really want to give restoring the old game installs first. I have about 250+GB games. I will download everything again as a last resort if possible.

So since I didn't have a guıide to receover the old game installs, I tried the following;
After I got a new emuMMC and Fat32 partition working, I partially restored the USER section of the old emuMMC partition to the new one and also copied the following directories:
everything under: \\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\save
and
everything under: \\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered
However I didn't get the games :-(

Is there a guide I can follow? There has to be something I could try.
Could you please point me in the correct direction about this?
I will fresh install everything if nothing else works.

In a round about way you’ll be downloading the possibly corrupt game files (just from a local source) to a backup and then reinstalling them again.

That out of the way, here’s something you can try:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-dump-emummc-games-to-nsp.559238/

Do let us know how you get on. This will be an interesting experiment.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It boots to a Hekate No SD Card screen. If I bypass the bootloader by holding vol+ and vol- when powering on, it boots to the Nintendo logo then a black screen.
Try launching fusee from Hekate -> Payloads.
Hello all. I want to play a Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion mod called Rainbow Expansion. I have it downloaded to my Day 1 Switch, but it also shared on the same account with my primary Mariko Switch. How would I go about playing this mod? It seems the data is on my Day 1 Switch after I tried redownloading it twice. It still will not let me boot the DLC saying to go to the eShop.

I bought the DLC when it launched in 2018, but Nintendo made it a part of the NSO Expansion this year. How will I be able to play this awesome mod? Will I need to create a different user to go online and redownload it? I am stuck here.
If its a game mod, then your Mariko Switch needs CFW in order to run the mod and you cannot run CFW without hacking the console which in turn can only be made possible with a modchip.
Quick question, is it safe to install legit games from the eShop to sysNAND?
Uh...why wouldn't it be? How else would anyone download games from the eShop?

a7rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new and not sure if this is where I should ask but err I just got a switch and I think I fucked up.
My dumbass bought some games from non-reputable sites, what they did was basically
they made me link some shady accounts to my switch and then download the game from that account.
Basically abusing account sharing.
  • Err am I just fucked now waiting to be banned eventually?
  • Is there anything I can do?
  • If I do get banned will it be just an account ban? (if so can I just factory reset and unlink the banned account)
  • or will it be a console ban? (then will my main account at least be spared so I can buy a new switch and transfer my main
    account there, not the shady ones.)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new and not sure if this is where I should ask but err I just got a switch and I think I fucked up.
My dumbass bought some games from non-reputable sites, what they did was basically
they made me link some shady accounts to my switch and then download the game from that account.
Basically abusing account sharing.
  • Err am I just fucked now waiting to be banned eventually?
  • Is there anything I can do?
  • If I do get banned will it be just an account ban? (if so can I just factory reset and unlink the banned account)
  • or will it be a console ban? (then will my main account at least be spared so I can buy a new switch and transfer my main
    account there, not the shady ones.)
Some people have used these and haven't been banned yet but your mileage may vary. Though the worst that can happen is that the accounts get banned, not the console. Console bans are reserved for hacking. Since you've already linked it to your console, thereby informing Nintendo of what you've done, you may as well just keep them linked and ride it out until you get banned or you don't want to use the service anymore, whichever comes first.
is there any way to turn off switch system sounds?
Outside of setting the volume to 0? Not that I know of.

PumpkinBoot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will take a look. I was speaking more to the practices of JKSV and CFW that folks typically ask about. Each of the things we’re talking about alone won’t get you banned but I see where the change of save file status for a particular switch with this particular game might get you flagged.

E: This looks like the right one:

I see the comment where it’s asked and answered that ACNH saves are watched ”like a hawk”.

Here’s a thread talking about doing pretty much what we’re discussing and there are some folks that say it’s fine as long as you don’t edit and others that say you’ll get flagged.

I would think that they watch for people cheating ”like a Hawk” but maybe since this is a system level save rather than a profile save they flag any changes whatsoever?

I’d confirm this specific use case in the banning hub thread to be more safe.
Thank you so much for finding that video and looking into this for me! I'm looking into all of this for a friend and her island has 600+ hours so I'm trying to be as thorough as possible and understand all the risks.

I've read a lot about people warning against save edits as well. But wouldn't injecting a different save look like one huge edit?

I've looked through the ban hub thread that you linked to and haven't found too much about Animal Crossing. And nothing about only keeping multiple islands. I'm assuming that's a good sign.

One last question (I hope I can ask this clearly): If I were to inject and play a second save only while completely offline, then restore to my old save anytime I wasn't using my second save, would this be the safest course of action? Or would the Switch's telemetry pick up on it anyway?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for finding that video and looking into this for me! I'm looking into all of this for a friend and her island has 600+ hours so I'm trying to be as thorough as possible and understand all the risks.

I've read a lot about people warning against save edits as well. But wouldn't injecting a different save look like one huge edit?

I've looked through the ban hub thread that you linked to and haven't found too much about Animal Crossing. And nothing about only keeping multiple islands. I'm assuming that's a good sign.

One last question (I hope I can ask this clearly): If I were to inject and play a second save only while completely offline, then restore to my old save anytime I wasn't using my second save, would this be the safest course of action? Or would the Switch's telemetry pick up on it anyway?

600+ hours is a huge amount of time to risk. Especially with all the conflicting info. 😥

I agree that a game save changing states would look just like massive cheating since the single save on your *nand is associated with the switch itself.

Unfortunately we don’t have a set of hard fast written rules to go by, only anecdotal evidence that’s given more or less credence over time based on additional anecdotal evidence. Even then the “rules” are subject to change without notice.

An Emunand and a Sysnand are completely separate “machines”. You will have a separate save game on each That are not visible to each other in any way.

if you abide by the golden rules of switch hacking you will be fine:

• No xci/nsp or cheating on Sysnand.
  • Never go online with Emunand.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: A03

haipro287

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi, today I tried to reboot my chipped mariko (with hwfly v3) from cfw to ofw, the mod chip started blink cyan (may be blue or white idk exactly) rapidly and it cannot boot into hekate anymore. Is my mod chip defective? I tried uninstall the mod chip and my mariko booted into ofw normally. Any advice? Sorry for my bad english.
update: I dropped the switch bag from 1meter height few days ago.

Reactions: A03

SeanM0oeg

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all im new to all this so please bear with..

i have a switch v1 it had sx os installed i had not used it for around a year ish and decided the other day to use it
i switched it on all was fine then i decided to look into removing sx os
so i decided to start deleting stuff being honest i had no idea what i was deleting
now after much trying including an online chat discord with a very helpful guy i still cannot get it running again

anyone have any idea's how to get the switch back up and running either with chip or without im not bothered either way

thanks all

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When should I use sysMMC vs emuMMC? Am I safe to stay in sysMMC if I'm not running game hacks or save editors?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn