Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a reboot_to_payload.nro file on the root of your SD card? If not on the root, is it anywhere else on your SD card? It sounds like instead of launching hbmenu.nro, its launching reboot_to_payload.nro. If you get rid of that file, it should fix your issue. Don't worry, you can always reboot to a payload by using the Restart function from the Power menu while in CFW.
So I tried deleting that and it did nothing, so out of curiosity I deleted the reboot_to_payload.bin and suddenly when I clicked the album it just hard shut off my Switch. This is all from a fresh install of the newest Atmos and Hekate. It seems album is launching bins and not nro's ?

So for some reason putting my hbmenu NSP where the nro was fixed this. Ig it's launching that instead... idk at this point but if it works it works. Everything is up and running, latest firmware and on my emunand with hekate and atmos working so I am happy.

Thanks for all your help Drax.

Last edited by ohsoroso,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an erista cfw switch I'm replacing w a modded OLED version in the next week or so. The installer is cool w installing the chip but that's it. No software or SD card manipulation, to stay in the "gray area" of modding.

My question is, is there a simple way to set up a new SD card, just so that when I pick it up I can pop in the SD card and see if the chip is working okay and it can run atmosphere and such? I don't want to walk away with it untested and get home and find something is not right like bad dat0 contact.

Once everything is looking good, I can then try to figure out how to migrate the SD card from the Erista over to the OLED model, make an emunand and be up to date.

dermish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone !

I was trying to install a graphic mod for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on my oled modded Switch but I seem to have run into an issue. It's my first time installing a mod like that and I have to admit, I'm not sure how to activate the mod on the console itself after placing the files in the right folders. So I'm wondering what I should do make it work, thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an erista cfw switch I'm replacing w a modded OLED version in the next week or so. The installer is cool w installing the chip but that's it. No software or SD card manipulation, to stay in the "gray area" of modding.

My question is, is there a simple way to set up a new SD card, just so that when I pick it up I can pop in the SD card and see if the chip is working okay and it can run atmosphere and such? I don't want to walk away with it untested and get home and find something is not right like bad dat0 contact.

Once everything is looking good, I can then try to figure out how to migrate the SD card from the Erista over to the OLED model, make an emunand and be up to date.
Well it depends on which chip is being installed but since you mentioned Atmosphere, I'm going to assume it is the hwfly (if I'm wrong, please correct me). With that out of the way, you can just quickly copy all of the files from your old SD card, minus the Nintendo folder, then put them on a new SD card and insert that into the OLED console. Then depending on if you originally used Hekate or fusee with your Erista model, rename either Hekate.bin or fusee.bin to payload.bin and place that on the root of the new SD card as well. If all goes well, it should boot up to the setup you had on your first console without all of the games or save data of course.
Hi everyone !

I was trying to install a graphic mod for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on my oled modded Switch but I seem to have run into an issue. It's my first time installing a mod like that and I have to admit, I'm not sure how to activate the mod on the console itself after placing the files in the right folders. So I'm wondering what I should do make it work, thanks.
You have to put the files inside a folder following this structure: /atmosphere/contents/(title ID of the game). I don't know the title ID of XC3 off hand but I'm pretty sure if you look it up, you can easily find it.

dermish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You have to put the files inside a folder following this structure: /atmosphere/contents/(title ID of the game). I don't know the title ID of XC3 off hand but I'm pretty sure if you look it up, you can easily find it.
Thanks for the answer. I *think* I did that part correctly, but unfortunately I did not see any difference after launching the game :/

1659403778852.png

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a brief question. The other day I posted that I was unable to install on yuzu the update file I dumped for Mario Strikers. Even though I redumped my prod.keys, it didnt work until I dumped my keys with the latest version of lockpickRCM.

Before I figured out the issue however, I was able to install the update on ryujinx. What would be the reason the game updated no issue on ryujinx with the old prod.keys? Its like it didnt even matter, but with yuzu it was totally necessary. I’m just wondering what the difference is between the two emulators in this regard.

TeeReQs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the loop for awhile, but i just recently updated Atmosphere to 1.3.2, with the latest 14.1.2 firmware. Thanks for all the help that I've found to get myself reacquainted.

I've been running Incognito since the beginning, but am now looking at switching to exosphere. Is the process as simple as replacing prodinfo_emunand with the original backup I made, and then creating the exosphere.ini file, as outlined in Rentry's guide?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer. I *think* I did that part correctly, but unfortunately I did not see any difference after launching the game :/

View attachment 320784
Did you install the DLC already?
What's the best way to read and write to the SD card from the switch over USB? Tinfoil seems to never actually allow write, only read. It just freezes.
Hekate's UMS is what I always use and it never fails me.
I just have a brief question. The other day I posted that I was unable to install on yuzu the update file I dumped for Mario Strikers. Even though I redumped my prod.keys, it didnt work until I dumped my keys with the latest version of lockpickRCM.

Before I figured out the issue however, I was able to install the update on ryujinx. What would be the reason the game updated no issue on ryujinx with the old prod.keys? Its like it didnt even matter, but with yuzu it was totally necessary. I’m just wondering what the difference is between the two emulators in this regard.
Its down to the differences in development. Yuzu tries to avoid being avoided with piracy as much as possible while Ryujinx is aimed more towards accuracy.
Been out of the loop for awhile, but i just recently updated Atmosphere to 1.3.2, with the latest 14.1.2 firmware. Thanks for all the help that I've found to get myself reacquainted.

I've been running Incognito since the beginning, but am now looking at switching to exosphere. Is the process as simple as replacing prodinfo_emunand with the original backup I made, and then creating the exosphere.ini file, as outlined in Rentry's guide?
It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Reactions: TeeReQs

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the DLC is installed and the game is updated. To be more precise, I was trying to install DunArd portable preset 1.2, but I'm really likely doing something wrong as there is no graphical difference wether the mod is installed or not.
According to this thread, if you already have the DLC installed, you also need to install some additional exefs patches in order to get the mods working.

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looking for some help with this situation, I must have missed something along the way:
  1. Bought a new Switch OLED, went through initial setup, created a dummy Nintendo account, installed YouTube, did not use an SD card
  2. Had the Switch modded
  3. Followed this guide to setup a new FAT32 formatted SD card.
  4. Booting into CFW, I see the Atmosphere logo then stuck on a black screen
  5. Booting into OFW, I see the Nintendo logo then stuck on a black screen
Should I have setup the SD card in OFW before modding? Not sure what's preventing OFW from booting - when it's plugged in I can see the charging icon after the Nintendo logo but nothing further.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait do I? Aren't they the exefs patches that are in the mod posted by DunArd? So far, my SD looks like that:

View attachment 320860
View attachment 320861
Sorry, that's the extent of my knowledge of modding. Since your question pertains to a specific game, I'd recommend asking in the thread I linked earlier.
Looking for some help with this situation, I must have missed something along the way:
  1. Bought a new Switch OLED, went through initial setup, created a dummy Nintendo account, installed YouTube, did not use an SD card
  2. Had the Switch modded
  3. Followed this guide to setup a new FAT32 formatted SD card.
  4. Booting into CFW, I see the Atmosphere logo then stuck on a black screen
  5. Booting into OFW, I see the Nintendo logo then stuck on a black screen
Should I have setup the SD card in OFW before modding? Not sure what's preventing OFW from booting - when it's plugged in I can see the charging icon after the Nintendo logo but nothing further.
Try deleting all of the files on the SD card except the payload.bin then downloading these files and place them on the SD card instead.

Reactions: dermish

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know these are very stupid questions but curiosity has gotten the better of me so i thought id ask here so
1. i know Fusee glee can no longer inject the payload but can u still enter RCM mode on current switch versions
2.what is the newest firm post patch that could boot into RCM
3. what is the fundamental difference between RCM and Normal Recovery mode
4.What language was Fusee glee written in

Thank you for your time!!
  • RCM has nothing to do with firmware. All Nintendo Switch consoles can enter RCM regardless of current firmware. It only matters whether or not your console is unpatched because only unpatched consoles can accept payloads
  • The difference between RCM and the other Recovery Mode is that RCM is useless to the end user outside of hacking whereas the normal Recovery Mode is designed for normal usage for Switch owners
  • I believe Fusee Gelee was written in English

indagoblue45

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
  • RCM has nothing to do with firmware. All Nintendo Switch consoles can enter RCM regardless of current firmware. It only matters whether or not your console is unpatched because only unpatched consoles can accept payloads
  • The difference between RCM and the other Recovery Mode is that RCM is useless to the end user outside of hacking whereas the normal Recovery Mode is designed for normal usage for Switch owners
  • I believe Fusee Gelee was written in English
thank you for the reply and i heard a rumor a payload under 255 bytes is an imposed limit but an injection of that size while useless is possible and i was refering to what programing language the payload was written in

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the reply and i heard a rumor a payload under 255 bytes is an imposed limit but an injection of that size while useless is possible and i was refering to what programing language the payload was written in
Not sure where you heard such a rumor but injecting a payload on anything but an unpatched unit will do nothing regardless of the size because Nintendo patched out the exploit. Also, you can see what language is written in by looking at the disclosure document itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow