XP
Country
United States

Looglan

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi all, I am a nOOb and need some help. Have tried to hack my switch. It worked fine for a while. Then I tried updating the setup and now it will not load once i use the Lunch button in Hekate ( newest - downloaded today) and it flashes a few logos ( hekate & atmosphere) then ends up in a black screen. I have to hold the power down for 15 seconds then it will reboot.....

I am using the RCMloader OneB to inject, and this seems to work fine. Hekate is v5.7.2

What to do? I have tried finding an answer online, but have had no luck.

Last edited by Looglan,

MFox333

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am a nOOb and need some help. Have tried to hack my switch. It worked fine for a while. Then I tried updating the setup and now it will not load once i use the Lunch button in Hekate ( newest - downloaded today) and it flashes a few logos ( hekate & atmosphere) then ends up in a black screen. I have to hold the power down for 15 seconds then it will reboot.....

I am using the RCMloader OneB to inject, and this seems to work fine. Hekate is v5.7.2

What to do? I have tried finding an answer online, but have had no luck.

Do you not need a new binary file to use with your bootloader?

That would match your new updated files on your SD card, I'm not 100% sure but if I had to guess I would say use a new .bin file on your loader or try to copy/paste the update files to your SD Card again (Atmos, bootloader folders)

nutsack0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many places that host them and there is a thread here that tells exactly how to create your own.
Do I need to update AMS, then update OFW, then extract a new keys.dat with lockpick? I think I haven't extracted my own keys.dat since I first hacked my system way back on 6.2 so for instance for the key_area_key_application_ keys I only have 00 through 06 when it wants 00 through 0d in the keys.dat-template.txt file and same for package2_key_.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to update AMS, then update OFW, then extract a new keys.dat with lockpick? I think I haven't extracted my own keys.dat since I first hacked my system way back on 6.2 so for instance for the key_area_key_application_ keys I only have 00 through 06 when it wants 00 through 0d in the keys.dat-template.txt file and same for package2_key_.
depends on what you want to do…

If you simply want to upgrade your current stack you can start here and follow along with whatever setup you have: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

If you want to run external software that requires up to date keys they yes, after you upgrade, you will need to dump your keys using lockpick_rcm: https://rentry.org/DumpingKeys

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on what you want to do…

If you simply want to upgrade your current stack you can start here and follow along with whatever setup you have: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

If you want to run external software that requires up to date keys they yes, you will need to subsequently dump your keys using lockpick_rcm: https://rentry.org/DumpingKeys
Sorry, I meant to be able to generate the sigpatches using the scripts you linked. I already have my system updated to 14.1.0 but let's say 15.0.0 comes out as well as an updated AMS to support it and I want to generate sigpatches for it. Is this what I should do?

1. Update AMS
2. Update OFW to 15.0.0
3. Dump my keys after updating the OFW
4. Use those freshly dumped keys to generate new sigpatches with the Python scripts

Reactions: binkinator

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Whew! OK, cool.

Local Techs won’t care one iota about your CFW (unless you had overclocking software on it...which you don’t…right.)

Thermal paste can be a little crusty and no cause for concern unless you’re running BOTW for hours on end. My bet is on a fan. Either way…easy fix that any decent tech can quickly help with.

Reread your posts and saw the card swap. Glad it seems to be working for you!

Good luck on the repair…I hope it’s cheap! 🤞🏼 💵
First thing - they wanted 90$ for it so i was like "heck no!".
I found tutorials on youtube how to disassemble switch and put on new paste and replace fan in worst case.
For my luck, fan didn't had to be replaced so i just put on new thermal paste and works so far.
In free time i'll migrate to new SD card but for now, i'll just enjoy it myself and play it.
Thanks for help fellas, see ya next weekend i guess :)

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant to be able to generate the sigpatches using the scripts you linked. I already have my system updated to 14.1.0 but let's say 15.0.0 comes out as well as an updated AMS to support it and I want to generate sigpatches for it. Is this what I should do?

1. Update AMS
2. Update OFW to 15.0.0
3. Dump my keys after updating the OFW
4. Use those freshly dumped keys to generate new sigpatches with the Python scripts
Ahhhh…thanks for clarifying! :-) YES, you are precisely correct.

As luck would have it, @impeeza just put this together:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-your-own-sigpatches.616288/

…like falling out of bed. You can’t go wrong

Reactions: nutsack

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am trying to install a relatively new DLC using Tinfoil (via SD Card). Base game and its latest update installed fine, but the recently released DLC is giving me the error: "Failed to read NSP metadata".

I tried deleting Tinfoil from my SD card and installing the latest version - 14.0 from the Tinfoil website.
Weirdly, when I open Tinfoil it still starts out by saying "Tinfoil 8.10".

I am running Atmosphere version 1.2.4|S on switch firmware 13.1.0 .

Any ideas?

Thanks
I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead as it is what I personally use and I never ever run into any issues while using it.
I have both, but I find it more practical to merge them into one.
How is it more practical? When installed onto the console, the update is automatically applied. If you're referring to storage, the .NSZ files are much smaller so they will save you more space.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.