SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Paffo

Paffo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2018
    Italy
    Hello Everyone,
    first of all sorry, this probably got asked already, but i wish for updated news.
    I just got my first switch, and despite being a 4.1 the serial suggrest me its vulnerable.
    I know there's no "100% ban proof method" but i'd like some guidelines.
    My plan was:
    Boot normally, go online, play my owned games, do updates etc, nomally.
    Enable airplane mode
    Boot into sxos and play backups while being offline.
    When i finish, i start a legit game from the card so the "last played" get updated with a game legilty own.
    boot back into official and use it normally.
    i wont be using sxos online.
    i wont be updating backups.
    sxos will be activated offline.
    i wont leave a backup as the last played game.
    i will only go online on ofw.
    How many chances of getting banned i've while keeping the behavior?

What if my backups are ACTUAL backups? i mean, instead of downloading them from internet, i backup my friend's legit game card?

Before doing anything, should i proceed with a NAND backup? will that be dangerous (ban-wise)?
    Thank you all for your time.

2. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    i have a question, is the current hacking method by injecting a payload, can be used to full access to the bootrom (or whatever is called on the switch)

3. OleguerPique

OleguerPique Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Spain
    Hi Thanks very much for your reply! :) I'm needing the physical game files from the DLC itself. I found an uploaded DLC on another site , but using hactool I managed to extract this NCA file from the NSP: "70adb7443f16f7337d50394ad5a35bfd.nca" with a file size of 1.35 GB, so I'm assuming that this is the file which has what I'm after inside it. Note that I'm merely trying to extract the game files from the DLC to use on an earlier FIFA videogame on PC - I don't have a physical NS Switch device.

4. GrandPipe

GrandPipe Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2006
    Picked up an SX Pro. Running 5.1. Couple of questions regarding game updates and nand backup.

- I installed AutoCRM, loaded some games, updated octopath via internet. Was that enough to put me on nintendos shitlist?
    - Uninstalled AutoCRM after some reading. Can i backup my NAND now and treat it as original or is there no going back?
    - Whats the safest way to go about getting a game update for games on my SD card via the CDN?

Last edited by GrandPipe, Aug 10, 2018
  5. RAGER

RAGER GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2018
    Russia
    1. Sadly, but yes.
    2. Your nand backup will now have traces of SX OS and played games, but it will never hurt to have one.
    3. idk, sorry.

6. MisterMue

MisterMue Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2013
    Germany
    Hi, I get sx pro soon, why it is useful to have a clean nand dump? If I get banned, it won’t rescue me. On the other side sx pro does not change the software of the switch. So how can a nand dump be usefull?

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can read up in that tool here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/4nxci-open-source-xci-to-nsp-converter.513758/ I know it works with the current CFWs but I'm not sure what is also needed to make it work if anything at all.
    You're going to be jamming metal into your console, specifically tiny pins in the Joy-Con rail. You can read up on the possible dangers here. I've heard that the rail is cheap and easy to replace though. And if you're really worried about damaging the console, you can install AutoRCM so you don't have to worry about using a jig. You just have to make sure you either leave the console on/in sleep mode or turn it off via manual shutdown or through Hekate's power off option.
    To avoid sounding like a broken record, I will point you to the quote in the first post of this thread as the only ways to avoid a ban. Your current plan has a higher chance of getting banned than restoring a clean NAND backup prior to going online.
    Yes but according to some of the reputable hackers, you don't need to inject a payload to access the bootrom.
    While it won't rescue you after being banned, it can prevent you from being banned in the first place. And that is because SX Pro does indeed change the software of the Switch. SX OS is a CFW that modifies Horizon to enable you to play backups and there is a chance that Nintendo can detect these changes even if you run it offline because the console can store information about the CFW and send that info when the console is connected online, with or without SX OS running. That is why its recommended to restore a clean NAND dump before going online to reduce your chances of a ban because some people have been banned believing SX OS could not be detected offline.

ssssss13 and SonGoku78 like this.
  8. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    thanks for the answer, so it's possible to make one that doesn't need injecting every time, just entering RCM mode will activate the hack.

9. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Exactly, however these exploits are likely not going to be released until Mariko units show up in the market since those patch our current RCM exploit which is the only one we have for current Switch revisions.

10. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    I am not talking about the unreleased hack, i am talking about the current one with the inject payload method, can we inject something in the bootrom directly or we can't?

11. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If you are talking about modifying the bootrom, we cannot because it is read-only. If you are referring to other methods of injecting payloads, we would need an exploit that gives us access to the bootrom in the first place which would be either the current exploit or a theoretical unreleased one.

aos10 likes this.
  12. Milad

Milad Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    Iran
    Hi guys.i didnt backed up my nand before installing reinx and using game back ups,is there any way for me to get a clean back up of my nand??

13. ssssss13

ssssss13 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    @Draxzelex Thank you! But to lauch autorcm i have to launch RCM once , right? Thats the thing I don't know even to launch it once. I tried a paperclip and tinfoil aplied to joycon.

14. Milad

Milad Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    Iran
    Can i do an initialize to delet all traces from my console??

15. Draxzelex

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Build a time machine.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    It is not easy to enter RCM admittedly. Have you following the following video on how to properly use tinfoil?
    No, only a clean NAND made before hacking can remove all traces of hacking so far.

ssssss13 and Milad like this.
  16. Milad

Milad Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2018
    Iran
    Thanks.i will stay offline until then

17. ssssss13

ssssss13 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom

18. fallingrat

fallingrat Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Spain
    hi, I have a question. Is it possible to launch hekate menu directly from Rajnx cfw? I usually go into rcm and inject the payload again, but it would be more convenient without doing it. Thank you in advance

Last edited by fallingrat, Aug 10, 2018
  19. Saintseiya911

Saintseiya911 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2017
    United States
    Question as I'm a noob to the switch scene for modding and if my question can't get answered here someone could point me in the right direction to go to I baught a jig and it said it was made with 24 ag wire is that better than a paper clip by chance thanks in advance

20. yacepi15

yacepi15 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    Antarctica
    What's the best method to do a NAND backup? (I want to do a full restore when i want to enter online)