Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you confirm that you successfully updated without burning fuses? I went into hekate to look at fuse info but I'm not sure how to read it.

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'd like to update with choirdujournx to 5.1.0. I heard the easiest way to get the update is with xbins, but I haven't found a tutorial about it. Could somebody please point me to the right direction? Thanx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t think it’s either of those things, and I did put them all in a subfolder. Still doesn’t show :(
Have you verified that the SD card is fake or not? I've lost count of the number of fake SD cards users has bought, even from trusted resellers. Although using h2testw to test may take a while, it might save you some headache down the road.
@Draxzelex

Hi first thanks for your great answer, much appreciated. I should have stated it better, i will really only get the xecuter jig, not sx pro :)
so i will go for softmods completely and i really do not care about getting banned as i would like to completely do everything offline if possible, without ever connecting to internet. would that be even possible ?
and i really would like to know more about the softmods that are possible without jig or usb cable as i am on 3.0.2, or am i over the point with that version ? because in the guide you linked it states softmod for 1.0.0-3.0.0 only
And thats what i am most afraid of when going for softmods: is auto rcm integrated in every "cfw" out there right now ?
or does that have to be activated explicitly ?
so the only benefit of auto rcm really is that i don´t need to send payloads every time i boot up console from deep shutdown right ?
i am perfectly fine with doing the exploit on every boot as long as it goes smoothly and taking only a minute or so.
so the softmods without jig/usb calbe is even more interesting now :)

and in the thread of rajnx there was some talk about brick but from last comments i see that was bogus and it should be safe ?
oh yes and when i am talking "safe" or minimum risk i actually mean from brick preventing.

so from your answer i would think go this route, please correct me where maybe wrong order :)
backup nand
backup own console specific keys etc
gather rest of the keys
block updates
find appropriate game for 3.0.2 as nsp backup for doing exfat update ? or should i go directly for 4.1.0 ?
doing exfat update on 3.02 with that game (nsp?)
from here just start with raj or rei ?

EDIT (Added Questions):

can i follow this guide with my 3.0.2 ? https://switch.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(installer)
and if i understood right i just need to run the "second" exploit every time i reboot from deep shutdown ?
or can i ignore this and just boot into rcm with my jig, send payload via smartphone and i am good to go ?

and most important, after i started rei or raj, i can remove cable from switch and put it in the the dock to play on tv while still keeping benefits of cfw ?

sorry for asking so much dumb questions :D
  • The only thing you can't do offline with hacks is play games online
  • There are softmods that work up to firmware 4.1 currently but none of them have been released (except for the one on 1.0 firmware) and we don't know when they will be released
  • RCM is a feature of the Tegra chip the Switch uses so its built into every Switch console, patched or otherwise. To access RCM, there are a couple ways of doing it but they typically involve either "bricking" the console (AutoRCM) or shorting pin 10 while volume + is held when the console is turning on. The latter must be repeated every time the console is turned off but the former is a more permanent modification that can eliminate the need of say a jig to short pin 10 in order to boot RCM. Just be wary that you must turn off the console using either Hekate's power off option or manually shutting the Switch down by holding power for 12 seconds. If you choose power off from Horizon (aka the console), it will reboot into RCM and drain battery very quickly
  • The brick that occurred with RajNX had nothing to do with the CFW. In fact, it had nothing to do with anything hacking related. It was due to a broken outlet that fried the console. So unless your power outlets are on the fritz, you will unlikely ever run into that brick
  • The usage of either ReiNX and RajNX are acceptable with the only difference being that RajNX can prevent error logs from accumulating on your console (they get redirected to the SD card). However both can play backups (in NSP format) with the same ease
  • The guide you linked will just set you up with Atmosphere but it does tell you how to backup the NAND so I would recommend following it for that at least. If you want to send a different payload, you must turn off the console and reboot into RCM. However you want to reboot into RCM is left up to you.
  • The USB cable can be removed after you send the payload of your choosing
Hello, I'm planning to buy Switch with old hw revision to make it easier to hack in the future.
Please ELI5, is it possible to backup my game cart and install it to other Switch and Play together with Local Mutiplayer feature without a chance of getting banned?
You can't get banned if you stay offline but any hacks done to your console puts it at risk of being banned. This includes actions such as dumping games and installing backups as opposed to buying them officially. The only other way to prevent a ban is to make a clean NAND backup before hacking and restore it prior to connecting your console to the Internet.
Hi guy's just got my switch today, it's firmware is 3.0.2, Im looking at installing the correct items so I can Install and use backups, can I do this on any firmware now, Sorry to be a pain im reading all sorts of conflicting stories from various places. Alas to be able to get backups onto the switch I only need an SD card am I correct in saying so?
Thank you for any help
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-reinx-installation-and-use.512342/
Oh yeah, once you download the files for ReiNX, make sure you delete a filed titled fs_mitm.kip under sysmodules.
What does a complete nand dump consist of?
What are biskeys, tseckeys and keys.txt?
Boot0/Boot1, and eMMC RAW GPP. There's also the BIS keys for use with hacdiskmount that are console specific I believe.
How do you confirm that you successfully updated without burning fuses? I went into hekate to look at fuse info but I'm not sure how to read it.
You can send briccmii v2 as a payload and it will display the current number of fuses burnt.
I'd like to update with choirdujournx to 5.1.0. I heard the easiest way to get the update is with xbins, but I haven't found a tutorial about it. Could somebody please point me to the right direction? Thanx
If you go to the xbins website, it gives you all of the directions you need to get whatever it is you're looking for. Its basically an FTP site. You can also use something called auto-xbins but there are no guides for neither xbins nor auto xbins on GBATemp.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you mean you can't find xbins? Just google it, it's the first hit, normally. Then you will download through FTP or IRC, if I'm not mistaken. Last time I used this was in the old original XBOX era (early 2000's) so my memory is a little hazy.

Reactions: fallingrat

maguro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crypt.id
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can't get banned if you stay offline but any hacks done to your console puts it at risk of being banned. This includes actions such as dumping games and installing backups as opposed to buying them officially. The only other way to prevent a ban is to make a clean NAND backup before hacking and restore it prior to connecting your console to the Internet

So before doing anything that may harm my console, the first thing to do is backup clear nand and restore it if I want to play online right?
Is it enough to just backup boot0 boot and emmc sys, instead of backing up entire raw nand?

WeiKee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Backup the NAND and boot are easy, the challenge, is restoring. I have not seen any video showing actual restore, just instruction how to restore. I really hope to see such video to give me confident to do the restoration.

ShaytheStar

3TEETH fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you verified that the SD card is fake or not? I've lost count of the number of fake SD cards users has bought, even from trusted resellers. Although using h2testw to test may take a while, it might save you some headache down the road.

Yes, I've been using it just fine for a while now. It only became an issue recently because I thought I formatted it (two SD cards that look the exact same except for a small number in white text, classic), so I tried to modify it somehow and the console stopped recognizing it. Then I reformatted using Disk Utility and now I'm having problems. It seems ridiculous to me to have to borrow my brother's PC to format it again in a certain cluster size, which is the only way I got it working with hbmenu before. I wouldn't look forward to redownloading all those games, but adding homebrew to hbmenu not working isn't future proof if a homebrew I really want to use comes out. It won't recognize NX-shell, for example.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I've been using it just fine for a while now. It only became an issue recently because I thought I formatted it (two SD cards that look the exact same except for a small number in white text, classic), so I tried to modify it somehow and the console stopped recognizing it. Then I reformatted using Disk Utility and now I'm having problems. It seems ridiculous to me to have to borrow my brother's PC to format it again in a certain cluster size, which is the only way I got it working with hbmenu before. I wouldn't look forward to redownloading all those games, but adding homebrew to hbmenu not working isn't future proof if a homebrew I really want to use comes out. It won't recognize NX-shell, for example.
I've heard exFAT doesn't play well with homebrew (hence why I think stuff like Retroarch/Lakka won't ever support it) so maybe try experimenting with FAT32. And I guess you could try playing around with cluster size although not sure which ones would be better or worse for you.

lemon07r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, there are I think 3 CFW options right now, and there will be 4 in the future with release of Atmosphere from what I understand. Now, between the three, RajNX, ReiNX, and SX OS, what are the main differences that I should be aware of as someone who, 1 - not really interested in the morale or legal side of things, 2 - not really interested in cost (I dont mind spending up to $50ish+ for mods/licenses,etc), 4 - doesnt really care how simple or hard the method/implementation is and 3 - doesnt want to get banned (I know everything has a risk but I like to take the route with best balance of safety and freedom). I've spent hours reading through threads but everything is all over the place and most of the threads are convoluted with people arguing things like the legal and morale aspects of things.. I was leaning towards SX Pro because I hear XCI's are less likely to get you banned. So between using SX OS with XCI's, ReiNX with nsp's and sig patches, and RajNX (does this cfw have sig patches?) what are the differences, and be the best for me? Also, what are sig patches even.

I wouldnt mind an unbiased ELI5 explaining the differences between these CFW and how they handle "game backups" if anyone is brave enough to try.

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Draxzelex
thank you veeery much, great infos you shared with me (and ohters) there. i really appreciate it a lot. i think you guided me in the right direction and i can start and see how it turns out for me.

but one last question though: do i have to read out all my keys and find the "other" keys or is that totally optional ?

decade5e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey guys, new to the nintendo switch scenes, i heard a lot of good news about homebrew for the switch that it can even boot linux, correct me if i'm wrong though. I just want to ask is there any ongoing project for PS2 emulation for nintendo switch ? its probably a foolish errands but just curious since hardware wise i think switch can run it

XHeroX

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Good day everyone!
I installed to my microsd (Sony SR64UX2AT) with exfat format SXOS system successfully but now I have some problems with games on this card.
I tried to use xci or nsp images of games and often, on random time the switch stops working: the sound is mute, screen freezes and I can only reload payload in this situation for restarting switch(
I tried to test my card with H2testw and it programm said that all ok ("Test finished without errors.").
Why can this happen? What is the reason?
Thank you!

eoinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 5.1.0 clean switch, but also a 3.0.0 switch still in its box.
What can I do with my backup 3.0.0. switch? I don't want to play switch games as I have my clean switch for that, but actually I'd like to play with emulators.
Is this possible on 3.0.0, and if so, can you name some emulators/homebrew that are compatible?

I dont have a jig. Will I need one?

thanks.

Last edited by eoinzy,

fallingrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I have a couple of questions:

1- I have zelda on cartridge, I would like to install the last version with updates and dlc's with tinfoil, and uninstall the cartridge version but I would like to keep my save. Souls I uninstall my game and then installing it with tinfoil? Will the save remain on the console?

2- I would like to install dlc's and updates. Are these installed straight forward as a normal nsp?

Thanx in advance

Last edited by fallingrat,

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a bit of a problem. I finally was able to put my switch in RCM mode and I injected the payload successfully (as TegraRCM2.2 says) but after I get ReinX logo the screen goes black for a while and then I get the "Nintendo Switch" logo and it stays there until I manually power it off.
I'm on 2.0 and my switch is one of the old releases.
What should I do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, new to the nintendo switch scenes, i heard a lot of good news about homebrew for the switch that it can even boot linux, correct me if i'm wrong though. I just want to ask is there any ongoing project for PS2 emulation for nintendo switch ? its probably a foolish errands but just curious since hardware wise i think switch can run it
Not that I've seen or heard of as of yet.
Good day everyone!
I installed to my microsd (Sony SR64UX2AT) with exfat format SXOS system successfully but now I have some problems with games on this card.
I tried to use xci or nsp images of games and often, on random time the switch stops working: the sound is mute, screen freezes and I can only reload payload in this situation for restarting switch(
I tried to test my card with H2testw and it programm said that all ok ("Test finished without errors.").
Why can this happen? What is the reason?
Thank you!
Those could be issues with the games themselves. Plus you're running them on a hacked console meaning they're being played outside of their intended way. Its bound to result in some issues. If you're not playing them on the latest firmware, those issues could also be due to that. Lastly, SX OS is not supported by everyone in the community and its closed source. All issues with SX OS are on TX's hands so you have to ask them where the issues lie as nobody else knows how it works (nor are that many people interested).
I have a 5.1.0 clean switch, but also a 3.0.0 switch still in its box.
What can I do with my backup 3.0.0. switch? I don't want to play switch games as I have my clean switch for that, but actually I'd like to play with emulators.
Is this possible on 3.0.0, and if so, can you name some emulators/homebrew that are compatible?

I dont have a jig. Will I need one?

thanks.
Most homebrew/emulators should work on 3.0 back when PegaSwitch was the standard for the Switch scene. However, nobody uses PegaSwitch anymore so asking for help setting that up is going to have people tell you to use a jig instead. However, you don't necessarily need a jig per se but something that can short pin 10. Consult list of those items here.
Hi! I have a couple of questions:

1- I have zelda on cartridge, I would like to install the last version with updates and dlc's with tinfoil, and uninstall the cartridge version but I would like to keep my save. Souls I uninstall my game and then installing it with tinfoil? Will the save remain on the console?

2- I would like to install dlc's and updates. Are these installed straight forward as a normal nsp?

Thanx in advance
  1. Saves are stored on the console and not on any cartridge, XCI, or NSP.
  2. Yes, you install them like you would any other NSP. A recommendation though is to install the updates before the DLC. And if you're not already on the latest firmware, if the updates/DLC do not work, you might want to update with or without burning fuses.

Reactions: fallingrat

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried and same thing.
should I update my switch from 2.0 to something else?
Can you at least boot into OFW? Also have you tried reformatting your SD card and starting over? You could try a different FW but don't see how that'll make a difference if your setup is solid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol