1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That's correct. You only need one.

You should only be using Incognito/90DNS with a dirty NAND (either a dirty sysNAND you don't play online with, or a dirty emuNAND you don't play online with).

When you install pirated games, and when you use some homebrew applications, the NAND is irreparably dirtied with traces of the pirated games or homebrew usage. If you remove Incognito to play online by restoring your good prodinfo, but those traces are there, you will be banned. Doing either of the following options is recommended:
    1. (For online play) Make a clean NAND backup. Use a clean sysNAND for online play and a dirty emuNAND for hackery. The dirty emuNAND will have Incognito installed to it.
    2. (If you aren't going to do online play) Make a clean NAND backup. Use a dirty sysNAND for hackery. The dirty sysNAND will have Incognito installed to it. If you decide later you want to do online play, you will move the dirty sysNAND to an emuNAND partition, and you will restore the clean NAND backup to your sysNAND for online play.

vendettared likes this.
  2. vendettared

vendettared Member
    Newcomer

@Lacius What about stealth mode? Are 90dns and steath mode redundant? Can I use only stealth mode and incognito?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    emuMMC is initially just a copy of your sysMMC. Therefore if you restore your clean NAND backup, your emuMMC will be a replica of that clean NAND backup. The only reason I see you would do that is if you want to go online with emuMMC, which contrary to popular belief, is safe to do. If you do not wish to go online with emuMMC, then there is no point in restoring your clean NAND backup before setting up emuMMC.

90DNS, Stealth Mode, and Incognito all do the same thing; they simulate a ban.

ThaDraGun likes this.
  4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Stealth Mode and 90DNS are practically the same thing, and if you're using Incognito, there's no reason to use the other two.

vendettared likes this.
  5. vendettared

vendettared Member
    Newcomer

@Lacius Thank you for being responsive! Now, to enjoy moonlight!

6. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    My plan was to have the option to go online on sysMMC with legit games. This isnt really important, but nice to have the option if I ever wanted to i guess.

Then on emuMMC I only want to go online to be able to access homebrew apps. Mainly I wanted something that would allow me to update my games, or download new ones. I wasnt planing on playing games online since I did not want to get banned.

I wanted to use incognito and 90dns on the emuMMC. I dont know if its true, but I was told it is a very bad idea to use incognito on sysmmc which is really the only reason why Im planing on doing this dual boot setup.

7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you don't want to go online with emuMMC, then as I said there is no point in restoring your backup before setting up emuMMC. And Incognito is not recommended for sysMMC because without a backup, your console is basically banned. Whether you use 90DNS or Incognito, its not necessary to use both as they accomplish the same thing.

ThaDraGun likes this.
  8. ThaDraGun

ThaDraGun GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    So I just set it up, then restore my backup afterwards? Otherwise I will not be able to go online on sysmmc without getting banned.
    I thought it might be harder that way because of the 2 partions it will create.

9. Manaboy

Manaboy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi guys so I've got an unpached switch running on 9.0 OFW I followed this guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/gettingstarted/checkingrcm.html

And made backups of my nand ect, now I got to the part "launching atmosphere cfw" and get a atmosphere logo then a bright blue screen. Where I need to hold the power button down to get it to go off.

Any idea what wrong?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Manaboy, Jul 6, 2020
  10. spoggi

spoggi Member
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Just to be clear on the black screen on my switch.
    Can anyone who have installed the core tell if it's normal right after testing and you got green light
    and the boot dat on screen.Is it then normal that you cannot see any battery indication when the
    charger is in the switch?And until you install SxOs you cannot boot into Ofw.

11. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I've searched the internet and cannot find a straight, simple answer to this question: What is the recommended NSP installer that people who are new to Homebrew should use for installing games? There are many NSP installers released, some of them not updated in years, and I'm not sure if there is "standard" one anymore (Like FBI was for the 3DS).

12. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Awoo Installer has been good for me. It can install all the various kinds of backups (NSP, NSZ, XCI). Use ns-usbloader on your PC if you want to install over USB. There's a link to it in the Awoo Installer OP.

Otherwise, Tinfoil works pretty well (if you are using fusee-primary payload)

DarkFlare69 likes this.
  13. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Thanks for the answer. I have been using Awoo-installer myself and it works fine. I wasn't sure if there was a better option available, or if people recommended using something else.

14. Manaboy

Manaboy Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Any help guys

15. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Sorry, I don't really know how to fix the blue screen. Never had it. I'd suggest removing the atmosphere & sept folders and start again, make sure you have the latest version of atmosphere.

Drax will probably come in sometime later with probably better suggestion.
    Edit: Or Lacius will come in with a totally legit list! nice

Last edited by TheCasualties, Jul 7, 2020
    Manaboy likes this.
  16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Try the following:
    1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
    2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
    3. Download the latest Atmosphere
    4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
    5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.13.0)
    6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
    7. Put the SD into your Switch
    8. Enter RCM
    9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary

Manaboy and TheCasualties like this.
  17. garathz

garathz Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    i just updated Atmosphere, and Hekate to most recent, and installed 10.0.4 with ChoiDujourNX

animal crossing downloaded from the eshop originally wants to redownload, so i thought sigpatches would fix it?

tried patches from two locations in this forum

and it still has the cloud icon, what should i do?

18. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Hekate can only restore backups to your sysMMC. Also 2 partitions? Aren't you only making one emuMMC partition?

Have you tried using ReiNX?

19. garathz

garathz Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    i have not

20. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The cloud icon means you probably have update/DLC data installed, not the base game.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH