Status
Not open for further replies.

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my DSTwo today. I have a Cyclo right now and was wondering if I could simply use the MicroSD as is or am I going to have to change folder structures? I used the alternate saves path.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
The saves have to have the same name as the game (eg. game.nds=game.sav) and the saves also have to be in the same folder

also you need the DStwo software (obviously)

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The mail lady stopped at my house today with an "orange envelope" I had to sign for....

I dashed outside...

Signed.....

It was a fat letter from hoover vacuums filled with papers advertising their new vacuums. There was a little smiling vacuum toy in the envelope.

I swear the wait for my DSTWO is going to kill me.

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
The saves have to have the same name as the game (eg. game.nds=game.sav) and the saves also have to be in the same folder

also you need the DStwo software (obviously)

DSTwo doesn't support Alternate save paths like the Cyclo?

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, quick question. I know DSTWO uses .sav for save games. My Ancient M3 perfect SD uses .dat for SAVES. Their game manager software has a built in .dat to .sav converter, but it's a little clunky and only converts one .sav at a time. Can I just use an extension changer to change all my .dats to .savs at the same time (but won't really change the format at all or will that not work? Thanks.

Also, If that won't work, is there any save converter that can convert multiple dats to savs at the same time? Thanks.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
joelsoh said:
Change in question - Is there a way to automatically back up saves in case of corruption?
AFAIK - no there isn't BUT that clever bloke called Xenon++ has made a small program (included in his moonshell2 Tools pack) called 'savbackup' that once run will backup all 'sav' files in your game folder to a seperate folder (as defined in the ini file)

This program can also be used as a plugin using this download
(Note that you will need to edit the ini file to 'point' to where you store your DS games & where you want to save your backups)

If you get a corrupt sav file - unfortunately you will need to use DSTwo copy/past file operations to move it back to your DS game folder (or anything else like DSOrganise file operations etc)

Perhaps Xenon++ or some1 else (the 'source' is supplied in his download, so I guess it's OK for some1 else to modify/adapt it) could update it later to include a 'restore' function, & perhaps 'tidy it up' a little to prevent all that scrolling text ?? {hint hint}

cfp999

Trophies
XP
Country
MAME question: I just installed the MAME plugin. Working great so far. But now I have a bunch of icons in the main OS "Namco", "Sega" etc. So I have to remember which company made what everytime I want to load a specific rom? Is there any way to have just one Mame icon, that will open a list of all roms?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cfp999 said:
So I have to remember which company made what everytime I want to load a specific rom?

If you don't know most of them already you're probably going to be disappointed by MAME. if you don't know and love these games already you're not going to find them holding up very well by 2010 standards.

Of course I could be wrong, and if you love an old game on MAME you'll remember who made it soon enough.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
cfp999 said:
MAME question: I just installed the MAME plugin. Working great so far. But now I have a bunch of icons in the main OS "Namco", "Sega" etc. So I have to remember which company made what everytime I want to load a specific rom? Is there any way to have just one Mame icon, that will open a list of all roms?

You need to have each individual plugin for the specific type of arcade game it emulates.
there is a soft-reset (l+r) included in the emulator(s), so its easy enough to switch up which plug version youre using to find the game yer lookin for.

after finding a game one or twice, i can pretty much rmmbr which plugin version to use.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since updating to version 1.3 of the NDSGBA emulator, I've noticed that the game_config.txt is no longer taking effect. This means that any game issue fixed with the gme_config.txt is now present once again, rendering me incapable of saving Pokemon FireRed and its hacks, and not even letting me start Super Mario Advance 4.

I've tried the 1.3 version of the game_config.txt and and the 1.21 version, both giving me the same errors.

Is there a way to fix this without going back to version 1.21 of the emulator?

riverchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading is the only option. For the mame emu, its glitching up in iMenu, like the icons are looping. How do i fix this?

renzin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have a DSTT but i want to buy a DS2, i want to know if the .sav files are compatible.

Theres no option to convert in the shunyweb page to DS2(only to supercard 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.