trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
REALTIME SAVE PROBLEMS!!

I have been currently having some problems with realtime saving ....When i first got the card it was working fine with all my roms ...now the roms that used to work(realtime saveing) do not sometimes...last night i deleted my firmware and skins and all dtc files. Then installed again and it worked fine again.
...then today i put on the new mario/donkey kong mini(game) on my card ...tested realtime save ...and nothing ...i get a save error...and same with other roms
Im thinking of formatting my card with panasonic sd formattor but never used it before...what do i use for settings when i format the card?

Please Help and thanks in advance...

Iam using dsi-xl with a dstwo (latest firmware) and a 8gb PNY sd card with over 50 roms

flubbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just got my dstwo but i dont know how to run the gba emulator because i cant find .nds file. could someone help where to put the files?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flubbo said:
I just got my dstwo but i dont know how to run the gba emulator because i cant find .nds file. could someone help where to put the files?

for GBA it's .gba not .nds
and you put GBA roms in the gamepak folder
tha gamepak folder is in the NDSGBA folder

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is a DSTwo worth getting? I'm having some troubles with Acekard 2i and AKAIO 1.8.1 but they could be SD Card issues, I guess... Do any SD(HC) cards work with DSTwo and is it generally worth it? Thanks.

tt87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I have this teensy little problem with my DSTWO.

I recently put DQIX on it and now my cheat file isn't loading for any game.

I tried re-downloading the cheat file from here and even formatting my microSD and placing everything but DQIX back on. Nothing works.

Any of you can help?

flubbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RoMee said:
flubbo said:

i am not talking about the roms but the emulator files because i cant see my plug ins when i start my dstwo

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flubbo said:
RoMee said:
flubbo said:

i am not talking about the roms but the emulator files because i cant see my plug ins when i start my dstwo

well you put the NDSGBA in root of memory card
and these 3 files should go in the _dstwoplug folder
.nds
.ini
.bmp

flubbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RoMee said:
flubbo said:
RoMee said:
flubbo said:

well you put the NDSGBA in root of memory card
and these 3 files should go in the _dstwoplug folder
.nds
.ini
.bmp

there are still no symbols at the menu
and there is no .nds file gba emulator

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flubbo said:
there are still no symbols at the menu
and there is no .nds file gba emulator

I'm sorry, it's .plg for the GBA emulator
gba.png

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does you ini file look like this??

[plug setting]
icon=fat1:/_dstwoplug/gba.bmp
name=GBA Emulator

edit:
nvm, there should be an icon there
try to download the GBA emulator again, and try again
or download the full package EOS it should be 50.68MB
and comes with the GBA and moonshell in the EOS

nemt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it worth upgrading from a CycloDS Evo?

I love my CycloDS, but it seems like every new game needs an AP patch.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nemt said:
Is it worth upgrading from a CycloDS Evo?

I love my CycloDS, but it seems like every new game needs an AP patch.
depends on how much you use your DS and what you use it for (new releases/media/favorite classics)

if you really like to have all of the latest releases and can't wait for the 3ds then yeah, go for it

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Aside from playing Gameboy Advance games on Supercard DSTwo, can it also play Gameboy/Gameboy Color games, those very old ones ?

How to use the Free Cheat thingy ? I tried it on Dragon Quest, and it would ask me to insert value ... Even though there was loads of digits, the maximum value it would let me insert was 255 so I don't really know how the eff you're supposed to use it ... any help ?

And if not free cheat, how to get cheats in general by using the normal cheat thingy ?

+ More general question : Does Nintendo block playing on Wi-fi if you use flashcarts instead of the actual game carts ? I can't seem to access the Wi-Fi feature of Dragon Quest at all, and it's not a problem with Wi-Fi since Shop/Browser works.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The answer about 'playing Gameboy/Gameboy color games' is ....Yes (in a way) - you can use the 'Lameboy' emulator on the DSTwo to play those games

'Lameboy' however DOES NOT use the DSTwo's own CPU/Memory though so the compatibility/speed etc of it is basically the same as if you use Lameboy on any other Flashcard.
(Since the DS2 SDK is freely avaliable then some1 MAY create a 'Lameboy' that uses the DS2 cpu/Memory - but don't hold your breath)
---------------------------------------
Your second question - can't answer exactly 'cos I don't have the DS on me @ work, but from what I can remember on the free cheat it depends on what you search for
> IF you search for a 8-bit number then the highest number you can enter is 255
for example if the highest number of Lives you can have is '99' then your would search for a 8-bit number
> IF you search for a 16-bit number you can enter a larger number ('16635' IIRC)
for e.g. If you are searching for 'cash' amount (like in Animal Crossing) that goes above 255 'bells' - then you would search for a 16-bit (or even 32-bit) number

How you use Free cheat exactly though - I can't tell you as I've never used it
---------------------------------------
As for the Wifi - IIRC you can use Wifi with the DSTwo BUT it depends on your WiFi network security

IF you are using WPA on your WiFi network then the browser/shop will work 'cos those are compatible with WPA (IIRC - you only get WPA security options access if you set up the DSi using 'internet connection 4/5 or 6' under the 'Advanced settings')

However the Game (i.e Dragon Quest) WiFi connection can only use the DS 'Internet connections 1,2 or 3' - which do NOT have WPA options, only WEP
IF you change your WiFi network security to WEP, then you should be able to go online with the DSi once you've entered the correct password....

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The connection I've set up for my DSi to use uses the Connection 1 .. Not the 4, 5 or 6. All it asked me when setting it up was : If search for IP automatically and search for ( something else i forgot ) automatically and some MTU Value. After I was done setting it up, it said Begin Connection Test .. However! The test ALWAYS fails. It's weird because afterwards if I go to Shop/Browser it works .. but like I said, games don't work either. The Wi-Fi I'm using is an open one at a Cafe so there's no password to be inserted as it's not protected.

Also something weird I noticed .. I've had my Supercard for two days now .. Yesterday and likewise today as I was playing, eventually the color for the battery life would change to red. Now the weird thing is, after a while I saved the game and pushed the power button to return to the menu. Immediately after doing so, the power light flashed for like 1s and the DSi shutdown.... From my experience, the flashing should last for quite a while so you have time to save game/get power cable etc.

Yesterday I played much longer with the red light but today I saved and closed the game immediately as the red light popped up, and it STILL flashed&shutdown as I returned to the DSi Menu. Why is this .... I know the DSTwo consumes more battery life but it doesn't make any sense like this ..

Edit : Oh yeah, about that emulator thing.. What exactly is the NDS Slot 2 and GBA Slot 2 options on the Supercard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2