Status
Not open for further replies.

Ave_IT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all;

I've had my DSTWO now for a couple of weeks and I am well and truely impressed with the overall product
but I have a few questions that I need some help with:

Which is the best cheat database and which is the most current version? and it is placed in the _dstwo folder is it not

and a MAME problem :

I've tried running several roms and the emulation is quite glitchy. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
http://cheats.gbatemp.net

I don't know about mame though
unsure.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ave_IT said:
Hi all;

I've had my DSTWO now for a couple of weeks and I am well and truely impressed with the overall product
but I have a few questions that I need some help with:

Which is the best cheat database and which is the most current version? and it is placed in the _dstwo folder is it not

and a MAME problem :

I've tried running several roms and the emulation is quite glitchy. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?
cheat database can be found here: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
it's the USRCHEAT.DAT.zip that you want, and yes, place it in the _dstwo folder

i don't us MAME but i can't imagine that it would be perfect yet, it's probably normal

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm really excited about the MAME emu and overall a whole new DS Scene with the new CPU and SDK, but I'm not touching MAME until the sound is fixed and most crashes are resolved.

Ave_IT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers.

I'm really excited about MAME too, being of the older age (cough cough) the thought of playing these coin ops on the go that I spent an awful lot of my pocket money on is gonna be cool if they can sort out the issues over playability !!!

younglinkgcn2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use the in game walkthroughs like say i am playing pokemon and i don't know where to go next but i don't want to have to restart the dstwo to access the ireader
yaynds.gif

younglinkgcn2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use the in game walkthroughs like say i am playing pokemon and i don't know where to go next but i don't want to have to restart the dstwo to access the ireader
yaynds.gif
sorry about the double post i'm new to this
huh.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it uses .cht codes

i personally don't use cheats on the emulator because the interface kind of sucks, so i just forget about it, i hope someone else answers you better lol

ok so on to my question, I've just gotten iPlayer and sometimes when it's playing music I can get it to skip forward to the next track when I press R (or backward with L) while my DS (lite) is closed (in sleep mode)

this seems to be sporadic and only work sometimes, would anyone kindly explain to me how the heck it works?

Edit: also, is there a way to set it up so the files are listed alphabetically?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't rember asking this but i may of but can this flashcart hook up to the wii to play? like with pokemon games like battle revolution and my pokemon ranch with the ds versioins of pokemon.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask a lot about the SCDS2. What I want to know is:
  • What format are the save files in?
  • How smooth is the GBA emulator?
  • Are there cheats for the GBA emulator?
  • Can it hook up to the Wii?
  • How great is the compatibility for DS games?
  • How is the movie player?
  • Is the iReader worth it?
  • What about the SNES Emulator?
  • What size Micro SD card (and capacity) is great with this? 8gb, 16gb, 32gb...Kingston, Sandisk, PNY...Class #...
Thanks if someone gets to my long list of questions. ^^;;

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to add, how is the Homebrew compatibility?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
777kidis777 said:
I ask a lot about the SCDS2. What I want to know is:
  • What format are the save files in?
  • How smooth is the GBA emulator?
  • Are there cheats for the GBA emulator?
  • Can it hook up to the Wii?
  • How great is the compatibility for DS games?
  • How is the movie player?
  • Is the iReader worth it?
  • What about the SNES Emulator?
  • What size Micro SD card (and capacity) is great with this? 8gb, 16gb, 32gb...Kingston, Sandisk, PNY...Class #...
Thanks if someone gets to my long list of questions. ^^;;

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to add, how is the Homebrew compatibility?
[*].sav[*]good enough, and if you have a dsi it's pretty much your only option right now[*]yes[*]yes[*]the best[*]no other cart has a better movie player[*]depends, I never used the ireader...I heard PDF files is slow as hell[*]it's better now since BaG has been working on it[*]I'm using a 16GB sandisk class 2 without any issue, should have no problems with 32GB
I don't use much homebrew, but the one I do use works great

Kwigg

Trophies
Website
Don't have one
XP
Country
Probably an out-of-topic post, but I'm kind of new to the supercardDSTWO.
I'm a DSTT user upgrading, and have a few questions:

What is Real-Time Saving?
If you upgrade, can you really just put a file on the card, turn on dsi and wait, and it'll eventually pop up on the dsi screen?
Does the cheat finding function really work?
Is the GBA emulator worth bothering with?
And finally, What is the build quality like?

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
real time saving means you can save anywhere anytime
just go to the real time menu and save

as for upgrading firmware, I never had to, so I'm not sure yet

yes cheats works great..even the free cheat feature

GBA, it's worth it..all the games I played works..but if you find a cart that has a better GBA emulator for the DSi, plz let me know

the build is good, not the best, but good

Kwigg

Trophies
Website
Don't have one
XP
Country
RoMee said:
real time saving means you can save anywhere anytime
just go to the real time menu and save

as for upgrading firmware, I never had to, so I'm not sure yet

yes cheats works great..even the free cheat feature

GBA, it's worth it..all the games I played works..but if you find a cart that has a better GBA emulator for the DSi, plz let me know

the build is good, not the best, but good
Thanks for that.
Personally, the only card with a chance of having a better gba emulator is when the iEvolution comes out.
But it's probably going to be some overpriced card almost identical to the supercard so it wouldn't be worth bothering with. (I'm guessing, around $100, why? Well if a NORMAL ds card is more costly than the best one on the market, what do you think this will be like)

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kwigg said:
Probably an out-of-topic post, but I'm kind of new to the supercardDSTWO.
I'm a DSTT user upgrading, and have a few questions:

What is Real-Time Saving?
If you upgrade, can you really just put a file on the card, turn on dsi and wait, and it'll eventually pop up on the dsi screen?
Does the cheat finding function really work?
Is the GBA emulator worth bothering with?
And finally, What is the build quality like?

Real-time saving means you can save anytime while your playing your game through the in game menu. Real-time saving can get glitchy on some games so I wouldn't completely rely on it, but overall it does it's job.

Can you be a bit more specific on your second question?

The free-cheat option works, but it can get a bit hectic.

If you have a DSi it's your best option to get GBA on it. Opinions on the GBA emulation are an on and off thing were some people cry about a handful of games not being compatible and having frame rate issues, and other people who had realistic expectation of what they were getting into. In my experience it plays most games fairly well.

The build seemed a bit flimsy on the first cards that were released, not sure if they improved upon this. Overall it's decent but not bulletproof.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
The build seemed a bit flimsy on the first cards that were released, not sure if they improved upon this. Overall it's decent but not bulletproof.

I got one yesterday and it's better now. They improved SO much. It's stronger, fits perfectly in the slot of my Phat (first cards got stuck in phats) and after a little "housebreaking" (continuous insertion and removal of the microSDHC) the micSDHC card slides in and out smooth as butter.

Loving how SC team is really good on updates/fixes too.

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
[*].sav[*]good enough, and if you have a dsi it's pretty much your only option right now[*]yes[*]yes[*]the best[*]no other cart has a better movie player[*]depends, I never used the ireader...I heard PDF files is slow as hell[*]it's better now since BaG has been working on it[*]I'm using a 16GB sandisk class 2 without any issue, should have no problems with 32GBI don't use much homebrew, but the one I do use works great

Thank you very much! I will get this! :DDD

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Kwigg said:
If you upgrade, can you really just put a file on the card, turn on dsi and wait, and it'll eventually pop up on the dsi screen?QUOTE(hullo8d @ Nov 16 2010, 10:16 PM) Can you be a bit more specific on your second question?
What I think Kwigg means is the upgrading if/when Nintendo brings out an update for the DSi

The answer is - yes, If Ninty does bring out another update that blocks flashcards, then once a 'fix' is found by the supercard team, then all you have to do is download the fix - place it onto the flashcard & switch on

The DSTwo will see it, run it & updated itself (you can then remove the update afterwards) then the card will then work again on the DSi

No need to use another DSLite/Phat to upgrade if you had already upgraded the DSi firmware either (Although I would always recommend NOT to update the DSi firmware until a fix has been found first)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...