Supercard DS ONE loader v3.0 SP1 released

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Dec 31, 2007.

Dec 31, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Supercard DS ONE loader v3.0 SP1 released
    Improvements all round
    [​IMG]
    The Supercard Team have today released service pack 1 of their new version 3.0 loader for their slot-1 'DS ONE' cart.

One big improvement has been made to the real-time save feature; they've sped up saving and loading to approx 2 secs. They've also fixed up DLDI support, added a reset plug-in for homebrew, allowed for individual configuration on a per game basis, and more. Read the change-log below to see the full list of updates.[title:SC DS ONE 3.0 SP1 change-log]Update(2008.01.01): DSONE/DSONE(sdhc) OS3.0 SP1 released

Happy New Year to all of you. DSONE/DSONE(sdhc) OS3.0 SP1 released. We redesigned the realtime save program. Realtime save function speed is much faster than before. Especially for SDHC version. It can be saved and loaded in 2 seconds. It has become a very very applied function. We supercard team release it as a new year gift for all DSONE user.

Main Feature:

# 1.Upgraded the Realtime save function speed. Now, save/load speed is much faster than before. SDHC version can save and load in 2 seconds.
    # 2.Added RESET plug in. Homebrew software Imgview can press START to use RESET function.
    # 3.Fixed DLDI data align problem.
    # 4.Homebrew software do not creat *.sav and *.sci files to save the storage space.
    # 5.Added the config database for each game. Player can setup patch info. for each game dividual.
    # 6.Added write card check-up to avoid error when writting card.
    # 7.Fixed some problems in patch database.
    # 8.If realtime save make noise, please close NDS to sleep mode and open can fix the problem.
    [​IMG] Download SC DS ONE 3.0 SP1
    [​IMG] Download SC DS ONE 3.0 SP1 (SDHC Version)
    [​IMG] Official site

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It finally seems like a good card. I'm liking the DLDI "data align problem." as that should mean more homebrew game ports will work (is it quake that needs unaligned reads or doom?)

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    I just checked out this update and they seem to have added in the missing info from the patch menu into the global.ini file.

The RTS has improved by a lot too, I get an average of 8 seconds for saving and 1-2 for loading, depending on the activity.

Has anyone confirmed 2 seconds RTS saving?

4. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    They state it should be around 2 seconds on high class SDHC cards.

5. euphemism

Member euphemism GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Only High-class SDHC cards? Whatever they did to the real-time save function, it seems like it is similar to how Teamcyclops implemented it because they both have similar times now, 8 seconds to save, 1-2 to load. The evolution's real-time saving seems to work well with all microSD cards though, I have a Kingston 1GB Taiwan and I get 8 to save, 2 to load.

6. zxzxlch

Newcomer zxzxlch Newbie

United States
    Back then, Supercard accused Cyclosds of copying them. So, who are we to believe? [​IMG]

7. Supertag

Newcomer Supertag Advanced Member

United States
    This is an important development for Supercard DS owners [​IMG]

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Well, the slot-2 CycloDS products are hardware clones of the slot-2 Supercards. You could use the Supercard patcher and everything. The Evo is entirely different though.

You'll notice that very soon after one device gets a revolutionary feature, all the other devices start offering it as well. The whole industry is based off of matching what the others are offering. It's happened with Action Replay support, soft-reset support, automatic DLDI patching, and now RTS.

9. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Can anybody explain how this "patch per rom" works? Can it be disabled if wanted, and does it open a patch menu after you select the ROM or something?

10. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda

News of v3.0SP1 with it's improved RTS times, was announced a day or so before the cyclo RTS release last week.

11. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    when you open the patch menu like normal, clicking "save" saves the setting only to the individual file now. clicking "default" saves the setting as default (affects those files which do not have their own individual settings yet).

tested with kingston 1GB, i'm getting 8-9ish seconds save and 2-3 seconds load times.

it seems to work pretty darn well!

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    Nice work SC... to bad i have the simpler and only game playing card R4 (sarcasm)

13. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Does the Supercard DS One have DLDI auto patching. I wasnt sure, If I could just copy homebrew to it and run it like I could with my R4 ??

14. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yeah it does. but i think patching has to be enabled in the patch menu (no reason to change that from the default though)

haven't had the chance to test out the new dldi file yet (vs barni's unofficial one), but i will soon.

15. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Is there going to be any new review for the SC1?

16. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I think it would be very useful for people to have a new review since it has come along leaps and bounds since it was first reviewed.

17. Fazered

Newcomer Fazered Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So does this make it the best Slot-1 card out there?

18. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Almost. It probably still trails behind the Cyclo DS Evolution because of it's speed (Supercard is considerably slower as it uses a primitive Moonshell interface).

19. Fazered

Newcomer Fazered Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    But the CycloDS doesn't automatically load! Why why why? I hate the idea of having to select it. So lazy but the health warning drives me mad! Hmmmph. I want to upgrade my Slot-2 Supercard MicroSD and I've waited ages for one to take the lead but it's still not clear.

20. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't care what anyone says, I like my SCDS1 MUCH better than the CycloDS(not saying the Evo is a bad cart though). I haven't used my Evo in months. It's been the SCDS1 all the way, and is the best slot 1 out there in my eyes.

Also, you know the great support will keep up for the SCDS1. Hopefully TC doesn't stop support on their slot 1 like they did with their slot 2's