Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Supercard DS ONE loader v3.0 SP1 released
Improvements all round
scdsonev2.gif
The Supercard Team have today released service pack 1 of their new version 3.0 loader for their slot-1 'DS ONE' cart.

One big improvement has been made to the real-time save feature; they've sped up saving and loading to approx 2 secs. They've also fixed up DLDI support, added a reset plug-in for homebrew, allowed for individual configuration on a per game basis, and more. Read the change-log below to see the full list of updates.[title:SC DS ONE 3.0 SP1 change-log]Update(2008.01.01): DSONE/DSONE(sdhc) OS3.0 SP1 released

Happy New Year to all of you. DSONE/DSONE(sdhc) OS3.0 SP1 released. We redesigned the realtime save program. Realtime save function speed is much faster than before. Especially for SDHC version. It can be saved and loaded in 2 seconds. It has become a very very applied function. We supercard team release it as a new year gift for all DSONE user.

Main Feature:

# 1.Upgraded the Realtime save function speed. Now, save/load speed is much faster than before. SDHC version can save and load in 2 seconds.
# 2.Added RESET plug in. Homebrew software Imgview can press START to use RESET function.
# 3.Fixed DLDI data align problem.
# 4.Homebrew software do not creat *.sav and *.sci files to save the storage space.
# 5.Added the config database for each game. Player can setup patch info. for each game dividual.
# 6.Added write card check-up to avoid error when writting card.
# 7.Fixed some problems in patch database.
# 8.If realtime save make noise, please close NDS to sleep mode and open can fix the problem.
download.gif
Download SC DS ONE 3.0 SP1
download.gif
Download SC DS ONE 3.0 SP1 (SDHC Version)
icon11.gif
Official site

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
It finally seems like a good card. I'm liking the DLDI "data align problem." as that should mean more homebrew game ports will work (is it quake that needs unaligned reads or doom?)

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I just checked out this update and they seem to have added in the missing info from the patch menu into the global.ini file.

The RTS has improved by a lot too, I get an average of 8 seconds for saving and 1-2 for loading, depending on the activity.

Has anyone confirmed 2 seconds RTS saving?

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only High-class SDHC cards? Whatever they did to the real-time save function, it seems like it is similar to how Teamcyclops implemented it because they both have similar times now, 8 seconds to save, 1-2 to load. The evolution's real-time saving seems to work well with all microSD cards though, I have a Kingston 1GB Taiwan and I get 8 to save, 2 to load.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back then, Supercard accused Cyclosds of copying them. So, who are we to believe?Â
unsure.gif
Well, the slot-2 CycloDS products are hardware clones of the slot-2 Supercards. You could use the Supercard patcher and everything. The Evo is entirely different though.

You'll notice that very soon after one device gets a revolutionary feature, all the other devices start offering it as well. The whole industry is based off of matching what the others are offering. It's happened with Action Replay support, soft-reset support, automatic DLDI patching, and now RTS.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anybody explain how this "patch per rom" works? Can it be disabled if wanted, and does it open a patch menu after you select the ROM or something?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody explain how this "patch per rom" works? Can it be disabled if wanted, and does it open a patch menu after you select the ROM or something?

when you open the patch menu like normal, clicking "save" saves the setting only to the individual file now. clicking "default" saves the setting as default (affects those files which do not have their own individual settings yet).

tested with kingston 1GB, i'm getting 8-9ish seconds save and 2-3 seconds load times.

it seems to work pretty darn well!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah it does. but i think patching has to be enabled in the patch menu (no reason to change that from the default though)

haven't had the chance to test out the new dldi file yet (vs barni's unofficial one), but i will soon.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Almost. It probably still trails behind the Cyclo DS Evolution because of it's speed (Supercard is considerably slower as it uses a primitive Moonshell interface).

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But the CycloDS doesn't automatically load! Why why why? I hate the idea of having to select it. So lazy but the health warning drives me mad! Hmmmph. I want to upgrade my Slot-2 Supercard MicroSD and I've waited ages for one to take the lead but it's still not clear.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what anyone says, I like my SCDS1 MUCH better than the CycloDS(not saying the Evo is a bad cart though). I haven't used my Evo in months. It's been the SCDS1 all the way, and is the best slot 1 out there in my eyes.

Also, you know the great support will keep up for the SCDS1. Hopefully TC doesn't stop support on their slot 1 like they did with their slot 2's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?