Gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread

blorgy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anybody else's Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U get postponed from Amazon to Dec 2015? Just want to see if anybody has any insight into this.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Did anybody else's Gamecube Controller Adapter for Wii U get postponed from Amazon to Dec 2015? Just want to see if anybody has any insight into this.

People should have it by November 21-28 (US/EU dates) so by then there'll be updates about it.

Officially it only plays Super Smash Bros. but it's a waste if that's the only thing it really does (Nintendo might be announcing it'll be compatible with Wii & Wii U on their upcoming Nintendo Direct).

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should have it by November 21-28 (US/EU dates) so by then there'll be updates about it.

Officially it only plays Super Smash Bros. but it's a waste if that's the only thing it really does (Nintendo might be announcing it'll be compatible with Wii & Wii U on their upcoming Nintendo Direct).

I still wouldn't believe that Nintendo of Europe speaks for the entirety of Nintendo HQ about that tidbit, that it only works in SSB4.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Oh just look at this from Nintendo's UK Facebook:

giIMXlH.jpg

Wow! This is awesome!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's just that nostalgia feeling of the GameCube being revived in 2014 and while the NGC isn't one of my favourite it's definitely got some of my favourite games on it (Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Luigi's Mansion, F-Zero GX, Eternal Darkness).

Nintendo's really got a huge stack of gems which they could make thousands if not millions but for some reason they aren't.. Like what kind of company doesn't want to make money?!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
So on the 8-Player Mode you can use two GameCube adapters while avoiding to purchase more Wiimotes, Pro Controllers or such provided you have already a bunch of NGC controllers and willing to buy a few more (or your friends have their own ones).

At a recent Smash demo, a Nintendo rep informed us that you can plug two GameCube Adapters into a Wii U so all eight people can use those controllers.
http://www.primagames.com/games/sup...8-player-smash-supports-two-gamecube-adapters

Reactions: VinsCool

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if we'll be able to record and share our fights in smash similarly to Mario Kart 8. I would love this feature!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've decided to go with the game only and forget about the GameCube adapter. I'll probably receive it around November 23-25 because this retailer sends the games early to their customers.

Besides, if I ever want to play GameCube games I can always boot up my Original Wii, use a Dolphin or buy a 2nd Wii U for Nintendont and play it upscaled 720/1080.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally getting around to thinking about Smash U. Found out that my WalMart won't carry the bundle. It appears there isn't a Gamestop within 100 miles that I can preorder. Any other place I can try?

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally getting around to thinking about Smash U. Found out that my WalMart won't carry the bundle. It appears there isn't a Gamestop within 100 miles that I can preorder. Any other place I can try?
Amazon preorder? :wink:

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Best Buy offers them. Pre-ordered mine on Thursday for in-store pickup, so if you live around any give em a try.

EDIT: Express shipping is free as well. Just a heads up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol