Gaming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Discussion Thread

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're now saying it only effects US wiius and it is the nand. they reckon it's something similar to what happened with me with my 1st wii. the video card/board of death. except this time it's the nand of death :P

Hmm, source please. Where does it say "only NA Wii U consoles"? Again, very few people are affected. Lonk or it didn't happen.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
their now saying it only effects US wiius and it is the nand. they reckon it's something similar to what happened with me with my 1st wii. the video card/board of death. except this time it's the nand of death :P

Glad my Wii U is safe. Still playing smash offline in 5.2.0 yay

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad my Wii U is safe. Still playing smash offline in 5.2.0 yay

Wait, don't you have an NA Wii U though? I think 5.3.0 likely broke something, as firmware can and will break systems every now and then.

comments in that link i posted

Good, as I'm on 5.2.0 and disconnected from the internet before starting the game up. See, this is why the latest updates aren't always the greatest. No disc update = no potentiality for issue. In summary, those who don't update past 5.2.0 or let the update data download should be safe.

Edit update: VinsCool taken from that link Bladexdsl posted,

"The common idea is that the error comes from the update data from the game."

From: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/new-sm...or-can-leave-the-game-unplayable#.VH5tEjFpc_-

Sounds like the disc data update might be cause, not necessarily the game itself. You know how some games download update data? That's what it sounds like.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, don't you have an NA Wii U though? I think 5.3.0 likely broke something, as firmware can and will break systems every now and then.

I though it was smash itself. And yes I have a NA Wii U lol

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
a few interesting comments

The update has nothing to do with the problem, and neither does smash. People have been experiencing problems like this ever since release date, and it's only because certain wii u's have a firmware problem. It's very similar to how older models of Wii U's cannot play Brawl due to a problem with the Wii's hardware.
smash nor the update for the Wii U is the problem, so you can't really use the argument that Smash is another AAA game with major problems, as the problem exists within certain Wii U's firmware. This is very similar with how certain Wii's couldn't play Brawl on their system. Also, people's systems only brick if you deliberately try to erase the system memory, which again, is not the game's fault.

so just don't try to erase anything and you should be fine?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few interesting comments

Odd, well, I don't know what Nintendo could do since the issue is random and can't be reproduced easily. But to me, it sounds like the 5.3.0 firmware could be a trigger. Some firmware updates have ruined Wii and Wii U consoles by rotten luck and bricking them. Hence my earlier comment that being on the latest version isn't always what it's cracked up to be.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
just don't delete anything don't even go near the data management screen until we find out more.

Don't worry, the only thing I do on my Wii U is playing Smash/Bayonetta and using nintendont on vWii.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl Hey, shit happens, no hard feelings :P

So, in essence, should we encounter the error, just unplug the console and reset and nothing else? To be honest, I mean, nothing has happened yet, but, I don't want to be one of the "lucky" ones.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl Hey, shit happens, no hard feelings :P

So, in essence, should we encounter the error, just unplug the console and reset and nothing else? To be honest, I mean, nothing has happened yet, but, I don't want to be one of the "lucky" ones.

That reminds me this:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY