Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I have heard lots about people breaking their 3DSs because of this game. Is this true? Does SSB3D make people violent? haha. Im just curious. One of my friends suggested he get a 3DS for gaming and another for SSB, and I asked him when he was thinking about getting a second job.
I don't think so. The only challenges in this game are the cruel mode of multi man melee which is way to hard, even for cruel melee, and then there is the new endboss in classic mode, which can be tricky when you fight it the first time, but is a joke when you realize that every form has only 3-4 attacks.

That's all. = )

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think people just need to be more aware of how much pressure they're applying to their Circle Pads, because 90% of it is probably just conditioning from the stiff game controllers of the 80's.

Even competitively playing Smash doesn't call for any more extra force than playing competitively in Mario Kart.

NotAnAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never played the N64 Version of Smash Bros.

But on Gamecube, my favorite character is Dr. Mario. On Brawl, I like to use Snake because he can set some really strong traps, his projectiles can dominate a map, and he's got serious skills up close if you know how to use him.

So I would say that on the N64 version, Mario would be the best character. Mario is just a very balanced character.

http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Tier_list

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, im not so worried about my wiimotes... but using the circle pad for precision platforming wasnt my first choice.
Mine neither. It's okay for the moment, but I would not recommend playing Smash on the 3DS anyway - If you have the choice of course.

I think people just need to be more aware of how much pressure they're applying to their Circle Pads, because 90% of it is probably just conditioning from the stiff game controllers of the 80's.

Even competitively playing Smash doesn't call for any more extra force than playing competitively in Mario Kart.
Am I the only one who's got enough of this nonsense? :glare:

Let's play Cooking Mama 3.. competitively! Look at me defeating your ugly cake with ease cause I train 4 hours every day. B-)

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
IGN gave a score of 8.8/10

Great review but the reviewer forgot to mention the issue about the Stick.

It's not that troublesome once you get used to but it still feels like it takes more time to make a move while getting back at your opponents but nevertheless I've been playing the demo and I can't wait to get the full game! So addictive!

Mario's my choice for now but I'll be swapping him for Fox.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe that the comments from that website are complaining about the reviewer having wrote a short review.. It's decent enough for a Super Smash Bros. you can't really do a whole walltext about it unless they wanted him to get picky/technical on every aspect.

It doesn't surprise me. There will always be people that will find something to complain about. Not only that, there is a growing competitive base around SSB and, if any of them are there, they probably wanted an in depth review that was more about how the controls felt, different characters felt, and how the different moves interact. I'm not competitive but I know that part of the fanbase exists.

As for myself, even though I'm not competitive, the controls are enough to turn me off to it. It might feel better on the Wii U, if so I'll probably get it on there. Control is always the most important thing to me when it comes to gaming.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

NotAnAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't surprise me. There will always be people that will find something to complain about. Not only that, there is a growing competitive base around SSB and, if any of them are there, they probably wanted an in depth review that was more about how the controls felt, different characters felt, and how the different moves interact. I'm not competitive but I know that part of the fanbase exists.

As for myself, even though I'm not competitive, the controls are enough to turn me off to it. It might feel better on the Wii U, if so I'll probably get it on there. Control is always the most important thing to me when it comes to gaming.

The review is too short. It doesn't talk about the different character feel, the netcode, or anything useful really.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The review is too short. It doesn't talk about the different character feel, the netcode, or anything useful really.

That's the problem with reviews. You almost have to find a reviewer that has taste and values in video games that lines up with yours. His review is from the point of view of a casual player. He probably just played with a few characters he likes and only played online enough to get a small taste (though that could also be attributed to the lack of people online right now with the game). As for the length, without those in depth analyses, there just doesn't seem to be much content in the game for him to check out. He does touch lightly on the controls and the connection, but I don't blame you for not finding value in his review. I also don't blame him.

Reviews depend on the writer's perspective. If that perspective doesn't fit with what the reader values in a game, then that review will be worthless to him.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think so. The only challenges in this game are the cruel mode of multi man melee which is way to hard, even for cruel melee, and then there is the new endboss in classic mode, which can be tricky when you fight it the first time, but is a joke when you realize that every form has only 3-4 attacks.

That's all. = )

Singleplayer is in NO way what makes people angry. It's playing with other humans, usually friends.
Kinda like how mario party/mario kart ruins friendships.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Singleplayer is in NO way what makes people angry. It's playing with other humans, usually friends.
Kinda like how mario party/mario kart ruins friendships.
Well, cruel melee made me angry. Play it for yourself and see what I mean.

And I never get angry when playing with friends or other humans. Why should I? :mellow:

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, cruel melee made me angry. Play it for yourself and see what I mean.

And I never get angry when playing with friends or other humans. Why should I? :mellow:

Can't say i'd ever get angry against CPU. I'll praise them if they actually made something difficult that didn't require another human.

Also 99% of people would get angry at a human before a cpu. That's what I was saying. People getting mad and smashing their 3DS would be because of playing with their friends most likely, not against some crappy AI.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can't say i'd ever get angry against CPU. I'll praise them if they actually made something difficult that didn't require another human.

Also 99% of people would get angry at a human before a cpu. That's what I was saying. People getting mad and smashing their 3DS would be because of playing with their friends most likely, not against some crappy AI.
Sorry, I did not mention I was talking about that mode being unfair, not difficult. I can overcome difficulty by learning the game, but under unfair circumstances the game makes you lose no matter what.

Ah, now I get what you're saying - agreed. For most of the people it's more likely indeed.
I did not experience anger when playing online at this point - rather laughing myself for being to bad. : )

NotAnAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the problem with reviews. You almost have to find a reviewer that has taste and values in video games that lines up with yours. His review is from the point of view of a casual player. He probably just played with a few characters he likes and only played online enough to get a small taste (though that could also be attributed to the lack of people online right now with the game). As for the length, without those in depth analyses, there just doesn't seem to be much content in the game for him to check out. He does touch lightly on the controls and the connection, but I don't blame you for not finding value in his review. I also don't blame him.

Reviews depend on the writer's perspective. If that perspective doesn't fit with what the reader values in a game, then that review will be worthless to him.

That isn't an excuse to omit details. He didn't talk about anything.
His review was basically: This game is fun.
He didn't explain why.

That is simply lazy.
In a detailed review you can read what parts you want. e.g if you are shopping for power supplies you can go to jonnyguru.com and not know about electronics at all and just read the page summary. You can read the other pages if you want to know more. You do not go to a review of the same power supply on a different website written by a person who did no real testing. Their review is baseless and meaningless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY