Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

ILOVETOPLAYNESGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also shoot the dog in the arcade version of Duck Hunt.
I had not realized that... maybe I will have to get an arcade version.

Awesome!

Reading this just makes me want to play it even more but I have to wait till October for my copy.

I've now gotten somewhat used to the Stick but need to be careful not to break it.
I already may have broken my Stick.... using a paper wedge to keep it from jamming down now, as one of the springs inside must have kinked or something. :-(
But, set it up so that it happens less with three pieces of paper, and if it does get stiff I just have to push down really quickly and a wrinkle makes it pop up and work again. :-)

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The Public Demo is live now and with 30 tries so that's more than enough for everyone to try it out.

It's definitely worthy of a 4/5 but no chance for a 5/5 due to its limitations.

- Stick feels very slushy, unresponsive and inaccurate for this game
- D-PAD can't be swapped for the Stick
- Low quality music
- Button layout

There's probably more cons I'll find out later on the full version (is it possible to access the Miiverse on the full version to post screens?).

Btw, Smash 3DS' gameplay reminded me of Brawl which is fine by me.

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Public Demo is live now and with 30 tries so that's more than enough for everyone to try it out.

It's definitely worthy of a 4/5 but no chance for a 5/5 due to its limitations.

- Stick feels very slushy, unresponsive and inaccurate for this game
- D-PAD can't be swapped for the Stick
- Low quality music
- Button layout

There's probably more cons I'll find out later on the full version (is it possible to access the Miiverse on the full version to post screens?).

Btw, Smash 3DS' gameplay reminded me of Brawl which is fine by me.

- Disagree, I find it perfectly fine for this game. This is a preference though.
- True, but personally I wouldn't want that because then you couldn't use diagonals
- Music sounds fine to me (I mostly use headphones, maybe different with speakers?)
- Button layout is completely configurable in the full game, including pressing up on the stick to jump.

As for the Miiverse, I can't use it but it may just be because I'm using the Japanese game on a North American console. However like most Smash games you can easily take a screenshot in game by pressing start then L or R

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
- Disagree, I find it perfectly fine for this game. This is a preference though.
- True, but personally I wouldn't want that because then you couldn't use diagonals
- Music sounds fine to me (I mostly use headphones, maybe different with speakers?)
- Button layout is completely configurable in the full game, including pressing up on the stick to jump.

As for the Miiverse, I can't use it but it may just be because I'm using the Japanese game on a North American console. However like most Smash games you can easily take a screenshot in game by pressing start then L or R
Music is eq'd for speakers, sound terrible on headphones.

Also no. Only new 3ds can use miiverse when it's running.

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
I have played it quite a lot today and I did really enjoy it. But my concern is my 3DS. To play my best I need to be able to push the control stick to the max and the little sticks on the 3DS just can't handle it without the fear of breaking them. I would have gotten it if you could change to the D Pad but Nintendo in their brilliant mind went without that feature. Strange since the Gamecube, N64 and Wii could handle it. Even the N64 which had the most famous little stick.

Not one I intend to get, no game no matter how good isn't worth as much as the console itself. I'll wait for the Wii U version.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I have played it quite a lot today and I did really enjoy it. But my concern is my 3DS. To play my best I need to be able to push the control stick to the max and the little sticks on the 3DS just can't handle it without the fear of breaking them. I would have gotten it if you could change to the D Pad but Nintendo in their brilliant mind went without that feature. Strange since the Gamecube, N64 and Wii could handle it. Even the N64 which had the most famous little stick.

Not one I intend to get, no game no matter how good isn't worth as much as the console itself. I'll wait for the Wii U version.

This is a really silly reason to not buy a game. I have a few people at my school who are avid Smash players, and they absolutely love the control scheme. If you're that rough with your system that you're afraid you could potentially break it, then you shouldn't be touching any kind of controller to begin with.

Reactions: cvskid

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can everyone please stop complaining about not being able to use the dpad? Here's a list of important things that are IMPOSSIBLE to do with a dpad:

1: Up tilts with tap jump on, and considering you guys use the dpad...
2: All the other tilts at any reasonable speed
3: Walking
4: DI in anything other than 8 directions
5: Shield tilting
6: Thumbs not falling off

Reactions: cvskid

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a really silly reason to not buy a game. I have a few people at my school who are avid Smash players, and they absolutely love the control scheme. If you're that rough with your system that you're afraid you could potentially break it, then you shouldn't be touching any kind of controller to begin with.
I think you misunderstand me. I have always played the game the same way and it's never done any damage to even my N64 controller. The 3DS one is just too flimsy and weak to be used with this game. The Wii U one should be better especially if they bring out a gamecube adapter since those controllers were built to be played with Smash.

I don't really care if you agree or not but I'm not wanting to break my DS thumbstick over this game. Pity since I love Smash too

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is a really silly reason to not buy a game.

what is silly about that?
he is saying, he will get the WiiU version instead of the 3DS and explained his reasoning behind it, I totally understand and agree to it, I am also getting the WiiU version and not the 3DS one for the same and some other reasons
also, he is not saying, that he won`t buy the game, but will buy it for another system, so the whole point of your post is moot, as neither is the reason silly, nor did he say he won`t buy the game at all

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think you misunderstand me. I have always played the game the same way and it's never done any damage to even my N64 controller. The 3DS one is just too flimsy and weak to be used with this game. The Wii U one should be better especially if they bring out a gamecube adapter since those controllers were built to be played with Smash.

I don't really care if you agree or not but I'm not wanting to break my DS thumbstick over this game. Pity since I love Smash too

The 3DS stick isn't made to use with brute force and for a game that requires the gamer to play with responsive controls, the 3DS Stick just isn't ideal.

I'd take the D-PAD with its limitations over using the Stick, but that's not possible, at least on the 3DS version. I'm guessing it'll be available on the Wii U version (perhaps exclusive to the Wiimote only).

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
what is silly about that?
he is saying, he will get the WiiU version instead of the 3DS and explained his reasoning behind it, I totally understand and agree to it, I am also getting the WiiU version and not the 3DS one for the same and some other reasons
also, he is not saying, that he won`t buy the game, but will buy it for another system, so the whole point of your post is moot, as neither is the reason silly, nor did he say he won`t buy the game at all
That's the reason I said. It looks like a brilliant game when I played the demo but when I played it I kept on tilting the stick a little slowed and a little less forceful than I would when played the Wii, N64 or Gamecube and for that I just don't think it's worth getting.

Besides multiplayer was always more fun on consoles :P

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone list all of the settings that are in Options? Pretty please

rfpghc5f69bdlk5fg.jpg

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone notice the characters are a lower polygon count in training mode. interesting to see how they optimised everything to run smoothly.

I checked out the Mii characters, they're pretty cool, but I'm disappointed to read that we can't use them for online matches. Basically pointless to get used to playing with them.
I guess they want to censor out any offensive Miis, but I wish they'd allow a set of Nintendo approved Mii faces instead of blocking the whole 3 characters.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have heard lots about people breaking their 3DSs because of this game. Is this true? Does SSB3D make people violent? haha. Im just curious. One of my friends suggested he get a 3DS for gaming and another for SSB, and I asked him when he was thinking about getting a second job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuckin heavy storm over here