Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What's the difference? Why my method is not working?

Because your original MK7 .sav file will not work alongside the .3DZ conversion, that was meant for the original .3DS rom, it creates a different size .sav file on your SD card which will corrupt when you start the new .3DZ conversion MK7 game, it does not recognize the original .sav file. Gateway are going to try to crack in the next FW update. I hope this helps you :)

Reactions: Keylogger

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Because your original MK7 .sav file will not work alongside the .3DZ conversion, that was meant for the original .3DS rom, it creates a different size save file which will corrupt when you start the MK7 game it does not recognize the .sav file. Gateway are going to try to crack in the next FW update.

Thanks for clarification :)

I'll try this and start playing with the JAP rom if it works :)

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, i'm using it online
I see, i manage to find 3 different JPN version, but not the caravan one.
Butt again, i wouldnt play smash till the EU version is out. Do not feel like to unlock things again though ;p. The sav is probably not usable for EU or US version

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone found the Caravan release of super smash bros.?
Yes, on a private board... and even now on some trackers.

You have enough informations in this topic to find it.

But... the best link I can give you is: http://goo.gl/LlvjW8

I see, i manage to find 3 different JPN version, but not the caravan one.
Butt again, i wouldnt play smash till the EU version is out. Do not feel like to unlock things again though ;p. The sav is probably not usable for EU or US version
Did you compare checksums ?

The others releases I found were the Caravan release renamed and with an other NFO file.

paulie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all who have been playing the new game like me, share your experiences here.
This thread is NOT meant for questions on getting the demo/japanese game to work.

I'll get started by listing some pros and cons I experienced in the past 2 days I have been playing

pros
First of all, I really like this game and am surprised as by how great it works on the 3DS.
Gameplay works really well on the DS, although I have to admit it took me a bit to get used to the control layout.
The stages work nice on the 3DS, not too chaotic or big and the moving stages move in a slow pace, allowing you to keep up with the pace whilst fighting.
I especially like the new board-game like mode where you travel across a board/map and the directions you pick determine who you are going to fight, including team fights and metal and giant sized enemies; making this mode a welcome variation on the regular matches.

Cons
Loading times are slightly longer as compared to most other 3DS games I played
Even on my 3DS XL I sometimes lose sight of everything that is going on, I am not even going to try this game on my regular 3DS.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Because your original MK7 .sav file will not work alongside the .3DZ conversion, that was meant for the original .3DS rom, it creates a different size .sav file on your SD card which will corrupt when you start the new .3DZ conversion MK7 game, it does not recognize the original .sav file. Gateway are going to try to crack in the next FW update. I hope this helps you :)

Sorry but it didn't work... My save is always corrupt with MK7 after starting playing without save, from the begining

A US save can't be used with a EUR rom.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is much more balanced than Brawl, but some characters are insane. Megaman is CRAZY. He can use his jab, which, like half his other moves is a PROJECTILE, WHILE MOVING. What is the opponent supposed to do? Shield? Get grabbed. Don't shield? Get hit.

Also why are people saying the Villager is OP? He's got such little kill potential. That bowling ball has less range than Mario's dtilt. :wacko:

ShadowNeko003

~Nyah~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Yeah, the bowling ball is pretty bad. But I do like Villager's pocketing ability. I actually forgot about it until I accidentally put away the baseball bat in the demo.

I feel like I'm decent at Link in Brawl/Melee, but I totally suck at him on 3DS XD

And Rockman is crazy with all those projectile moves. I particularly like his jump Up A attack with the whirlwind.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but it didn't work... My save is always corrupt with MK7 after starting playing without save, from the begining

A US save can't be used with a EUR rom.

I have tried to explain to you in the PM in more detail for you but its hard for you to understand because you are not doing what I am trying to do, its not the same method what you are trying to achieve but trust me what I am explaining does work for me. :)

paulie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing it for a bit more and unlocking several new characters I can say this game is huge.
I already thought that the starting roster was big, but I unlocked several more whilst playing (never followed the preview news from sites such as IGN which would spoil the complete roster).
Also, some items reverse the direction you move in (similar to the clouds King K Rool fires at you in DKC 2) or even flip the battlefield so that everything is upside down, making the fighting chaos even more!

Does anyone else also has the feeling that playing this game for a prolonged period might actually damage the 3DS button-wise?
Especially the analog stick does not feel that sturdy and I fear that I might destroy its sensitivity after several months of smashing........

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who asked where the Ice Climbers were, according to Sakurai's bi-weekly column in Famitsu, the Ice Climbers were originally in the game. They had them working in the Wii U version but couldn't make them run smoothly on the 3DS do to how weak it was. Also, since they weren't fairing well with popularity they weren't gonna stress it. Well at least they have each other :cry:. When asked for comments, the Ice Climbers said:

original.jpg

Reactions: Sorox

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who asked where the Ice Climbers were, according to Sakurai's bi-weekly column in Famitsu, the Ice Climbers were originally in the game. They had them working in the Wii U version but couldn't make them run smoothly on the 3DS do to how weak it was. Also, since they weren't fairing well with popularity they weren't gonna stress it. Well at least they have each other :cry:. When asked for comments, the Ice Climbers said:

original.jpg

Ice climbers need some love :P

btw, unlocked all the characters finally. Only ones left were Dr. Mario and ROB, so I just played the 60-70 matches by killing myself constantly in smash on 1 stock matches until I got them. Now that I have them all, I can say that Reflet is my fave.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Veho, let @AncientBoi fix it