Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Maxoxpower, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Maxoxpower
    OP

Maxoxpower Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Canada
    Menu Translations (Video)
    Menu Translations
    Hello all,
    don't understand why there are no post for SMASH BROS JAP.
    anyone here will play the japanese version of smash bros?

9 days only!!

2. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    Not really i'm playing the US version of Smash Bros DS when it launches

3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    no posts? what do you want us to talk about? i guess there is one of those 'hype' threads people make right? but i personally don't want to ruin anything about the game etc (the character list basically) so, i'm just being patient... :) i expect most people are here to talk about loading backups and help with stuff, as opposed to truly 'about' games (my opinion)

4. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I've never played a smash bros game before. I'm curious enough to give this one a go, but I don't know if I'm in enough of a hurry to figure out playing it in Japanese, and then start again when the English-language version is out. Might just wait.

5. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    Smash is gonna be awesome.. can't wait. Buying on day one!! Been playing since I was 9 years old, and it only keeps getting better. I will be on the jap version for sure... hmu for friend codes!

6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i don't remember super smash bros games being text heavy and having a story line...? but i didn't play brawl, but the others i didn't think they had any text story etc at all.
    apart from the menus etc, you should be fine playing it in japanese...

7. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx
    The last Smash Bros title I played was the N64 version if the WiiU version & 3DS version are the same I hope something either official or nonofficial comes out for moving saves back & fourth between both titles

8. narutopet112

narutopet112 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2010
    Netherlands
    Trophy gallery is text heavy

joeyjoey396 and cearp like this.
  9. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    I played Brawl in Japanese, its pretty dang standard, if you played one you pretty much know how to navigate all of them.. and im pretty sure someone will have a guide on where to go to play online or whatever u need..

10. Veign06

Veign06 Member

May 18, 2008
    United States
  11. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I might just open another thread, just for the hell of it! :lol: I thought of a title:
    I'm getting even more impatient by the day with members opening unnecessary threads about Super Smash Bros! :angry:

12. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    You never played a Super Smash Bros. game before? Wha... Go play Melee or Brawl (better with Project M) now!

13. NetoSenpai

NetoSenpai Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
    I had the opportunity to play the demo on comic-con and I loved it.

Although I have to say, I had a hard time playing free-for-all 4 players on the 3DS small screen (which I believe is the same as the 2DS), when the players where far from each other and the screen had to fill them all in they got hard to notice and couldn't figure out what they were doing and how to counter their moves.

On a 3DS XL I played the quest part and It was really nice.

The control response is quite on time, just when you use the touch screen for the power-ups it might be hard at the beginning since you tend to forget them, but after a while you just press without looking when it activates.

Maxoxpower likes this.
  14. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Well, that's simply not possible. This is a sequel, not a port, so they wouldn't share saves in any possible way. Anyway, the only things that are even unlockable in Smash 64 are the 4 hidden characters and one hidden stage, it's nothing playing for an hour or so can't get you in the new Smash Bros. games.

15. XiTaU

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    hes talking about cross save between 3ds and wii u

why does everyone on this site not read posts but reply with random garbarge.

NEP and Parasite X like this.
  16. Apex

Apex GBAtemp Fan

Sep 4, 2006
    茨城県
    I was gonna get it, but then they announced the New 3DS.

I don't have a 3DS and I feel like it'd be foolish to go out and get one before they release the new one.

That being said, it also depends on when the Wii U version is released. If it's only gonna be a few weeks to a month later, I might just wait, seeing that the 3DS version is going to be about $60 (6000 yen) here, on top of the cost of the system itself.

17. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

I was talking about the WiiU version & 3DS versions only bro not N64 & from what I've seen they're pretty much the same

Which color are you getting for N3DS regular or XL I'm might as well do it big this time so I'm going for the Blue XL this time around :)

18. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    I have my money ready...

19. Ryanrocks462

Ryanrocks462 Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate

Banned
    Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    California
    lol im gonna download it and use it with Gateway 3ds cause GW is Region Free :D p.s i never pay for games ^_^

20. Sorox

Sorox Master Firo Soul

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    I'll probably do the same, but I still intend on buying the NA Wii U Release as well.