Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA) PAL guide

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
first place the trucha signer thing and the brawl iso on 1 directory

2: open the wiikey set thing (as described on the frontpage) and replace the common line (that you can find on the frontpage) with the key.bin code
tongue.gif
i dont know where it is but just look at my sig:P

3: save it and than open wiikeyset it will ask you to add it to register say yes.
4:open trucha signer set its on custom 1
5: open iso and then you will see your iso from brawl

cheers
niels

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
philthy does it work now:P maybe i accidently put in the right code ....oeps...
tongue.gif
XD

p.s. when i put my screen on 60hz and boot the game it will only display a black screen...
but squirtle doesnt crash anymore

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Successfully followed all the instructions in the first post, and everything worked perfectly on my PAL 3.2E with Wiikey 1.9G. Strangely, it didn't do any update, the SSBB icon just appeared in the top left and worked immediately. I supposed this is because I already did the 15% trick with the JAP version of the game. Very happy though
smile.gif
Thanks!

Olorinlemaiar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wii Pal 3.1E with wiikey 1.9g here.

I just had the 001 error with just regionFrii (and so one DVD DL on the trash :'( ), i'm burning a new one with all the modifications on the first post, will edit this if it work.

Edit: It works, thanks !

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does not work for me, but I forgot to patch it with RegionFrii. I did everything except this. I could made the update, start the game but only get blackscreen. I made the Video Mode Patch and the 001 Error fix, too. Changed the hz to 50 and still blackscreen .. Is the RegionFrii patch THAT important? Well, I have to wait because this was my last DL DVD. Have to buy new one tomorrow. I hope it will work with the RegionFrii patch.

DiMENSiON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What should I do to get 480p working on a PAL Wii?
I have set it to 480p in the Wii Menu but it switches to 480i in-game.

Thanks in advance!

Kreeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeNtje said:
I just bunred the untouched iso, plays fine

My wii already had triple channesl (EU/US/JPN) and had already the update from the JPN release.

Popped it in, and i could play (PAL60 480i)

Anyway, i messed around a bit and vmc'd the main.dol with brute force to pal60 480p (yeah i had to try it)
Now the game runs fine but the image is only on half a screen compressed and the second hald is garbage gfx
So don't use brute force
wink.gif
(héhé)

(could be my cheap hdready tv to from aldi
tongue.gif
)
It's not your TV, I get the same issue on 3 different sets.

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cyr0x said:
Does not work for me, but I forgot to patch it with RegionFrii. I did everything except this. I could made the update, start the game but only get blackscreen. I made the Video Mode Patch and the 001 Error fix, too. Changed the hz to 50 and still blackscreen .. Is the RegionFrii patch THAT important? Well, I have to wait because this was my last DL DVD. Have to buy new one tomorrow. I hope it will work with the RegionFrii patch.

Ah, I used Verbatim DVD+R DL!

Hellfire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ugh I did the thing in the first post, burned at 2,4x (Verbatim DL+R) and it gives that white screen error in the opening cutscene! I didnt put region frii, because it said game code mismatch or wtvr, but I have region free on in the WiiKey menu. Should I just try it with brick blocker?
I did the 15% trick with the Jap version, I have WiiKey 1.9g Wii 3.2E.
Also, this is my first post
wink.gif

Pleeease help!

Hyperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here's how I got mine to work...

UK PAL Wii updated to 3.2E, Wiikey 1.9g, 15% update applied from Jap version of SSBB.
Use WiiBrickBlocker v1.3R2 to remove the update.
Use RegionFrii v1.21 to change country to PAL.
Burn at 4x

Set Wii to 50Hz mode, start game, go to options, turn off deflicker, exit to Wii menu with Wiimote.
Set Wii back to 60Hz mode, start game.
Screen will go black and look like nothing's happening.
Somewhere between 30-60 seconds the game will start and work flawlessly from that part on.

As far as dual layer discs are concerned, I use cheap ass AOne full face printables http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo...roductID=483826, work perfectly for SSBB and all XBOX 360 games!

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't do the 001 thing, now I wasted my 10 Euro DL Disc,
Not going to buy that disc again, I ordered 10 DL Disc from another brand from the internet for 10Euro
What a ripp off tough that is mediarange(Never heard of it)
And the 10 Euro one disc was a Verbatim

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My story so far...
Wii Pal latest Wiikey, lost 2 dl dvd's in previous attempts had one left
wacko.gif
This is what i did with the last one, fingers crossed:

1. with Trucha extracted main.doll from 2nd partition
2. opened main.doll with Generic Wii Patcher 1.11 and changed video mode to pal
3. in Trucha replaced the old main.dol with the patched one, Trucha signed both partitions
4. used brickblocker
5. used regionfrii and changed the region from USA to Pal
6. burned iso with imgburn, no layer break at lowest speed 1x Mediarange dual layer max. speed 2,4.

Didn't have to run the update, did that on my first failed attempt to run the game. Inserted disc in Wii, got a blue screen on my tv, like it lost the signal, let it run, screen became black. Heard the disc spinning, intro movie popped up, the warning/instruction intro about using the remote didn't show before the movie. Movie played great, no stuttering, screen was nicely centered. First time this happened! Previous 2 times intro movie crashed the game. All looked great. Tried online play, played a match all worked well. Then i noticed a little flickering in the screen, turned flickering on, flickering stayed the same. Then went to data, movies, tried to run How to Play movie cause it crashed the game in my previous attempts. And it crashed again after a few moments of play
blink.gif

Resetted the system looked at my Wii settings, screen settings where on 60 Hz, tried it on 50 Hz, but then the game crashed during the intro movie.
Once again, set the screen settings to 60 Hz, could only be done after unplugging my Wii, then rebooting it, else the colors where all mixed up. Then ran the game again, same thing as before, blue screen (no signal), no intro warning screen but the opening movie played fine... Then tried the E3 movie, that played flawlessly, again tried the How to Play movie, again it crashed the game ... maybe something with the disc quality?? Everything else seems to work fine, the story continues...
Questions:
. anyone where the How to Play movie crashes or just plays fine?
. anyone with the intro/warning not showing?
. anyone with my setup (Pal + Wiikey) where the game plays without any problems (like an original copy)?
. anyone with ideas to get the game running better on a burned dl disc?

titanJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Got it working fine with 480p on a PAL console.

Wiizard released, extracted main.dol, ran it through GWP using 001 disc check remover and NTSCtoPAL, replaced main.dol, applied the ProphSSBB.inf patch and resigned both partitions, saved and burnt at 4x to a Verbatim DVD+R DL at 2.4 with no layer break specificed in ImgBurn.

took it around to friends place who has a Wiikey 1.9g and latest firmware, he had done 15% trick with jap single layer release and then updated to latest AU firmware via net.

Booted fine, made save file, gave disc read error message, restarted and worked fine, we got about 10% in to SSE before playing other games.

I gave him that copy and went home and burnt another for myself, and now im just waiting to get my Wii back :]

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
titanJ said:
Got it working fine with 480p on a PAL console.

If you have a decent TV / LCD / Plasma, hit the "Info" button. Brawl does not run in 480P mode, regardless of what you have in your Wii Settings...

DiMENSiON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it doesn't work properly then. Someone posted at another forum that he got picture at half of the screen and like a green artefact at the other half using this method. So I wouldn't call it running 480p.

skeleton

Trophies
XP
Country
any help would be appreciated:
i got wii key 3.1e firmware pal and i did from step 16 and down and when i insert disk it fails on update about 10% in or so and the wii reboots. i also got errors in imgburn once the disk has been burnt 100% and its verifying i get alot of errors and i had to quit the verification. i then tried newest brickblocker and changed with regionfree to pal from ntsc (again) but then img burn wont finalize the disk for me giving me a error and forcing me to abort. any help is appreciated

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
skeleton said:
any help would be appreciated:
i got wii key 3.1e firmware pal and i did from step 16 and down and when i insert disk it fails on update about 10% in or so and the wii reboots. i also got errors in imgburn once the disk has been burnt 100% and its verifying i get alot of errors and i had to quit the verification. i then tried newest brickblocker and changed with regionfree to pal from ntsc (again) but then img burn wont finalize the disk for me giving me a error and forcing me to abort. any help is appreciated

Sounds like badmedia, what media are you using?
Also you might need firmware 3.2e (I dont know if its needed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy