Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA) PAL guide

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rodak said:
Ok, it seems that there is some new faster methods to do all the steps, i will update the first post later to make it as simple as possible.
There is one thing I need to get straight, if I set the region to PAL in Generic Wii Patcher it makes the game too boot on a PAL Wii without having to use RegionFrii? Right? (Some ModChips don´t have the region override enabled)

Posts merged

bailli said:
DjoeNtje said:
why not use Generic Wii Patcher -> [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938[/url]

Generic Wii Patcher is an all in 1 program compilation of
- Error 001 Fix
- Wii Video Mode Changer
- Wii Game Language Patcher
- Country code (RegionFrii)

rodak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shane1972 said:
rodak said:
Ok, it seems that there is some new faster methods to do all the steps, i will update the first post later to make it as simple as possible.
There is one thing I need to get straight, if I set the region to PAL in Generic Wii Patcher it makes the game too boot on a PAL Wii without having to use RegionFrii? Right? (Some ModChips don´t have the region override enabled)

Posts merged

bailli said:
DjoeNtje said:
why not use Generic Wii Patcher -> [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938[/url]

Generic Wii Patcher is an all in 1 program compilation of
- Error 001 Fix
- Wii Video Mode Changer
- Wii Game Language Patcher
- Country code (RegionFrii)

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
piepants said:
SUCCESS!

I've fixed all the problems with my PAL console.

After the Imation discs I tried wouldn't read at all and the Verbatim discs sometimes wouldn't load (with a "Unable to read disc error"), I took the Wii apart and gave the laser a very gentle clean with a cotton bud. That seemed to make the success rate slightly better on the Verbatim discs.

Still not perfect, I found the laser power pot, gave it a slight (probably 1/8th to 1/16th) turn counter-clockwise. Now it reads the Verbatim discs 100% of the time. I wondered if it helped with the Imation discs as well, threw one in, and bam! it read the Imations first go now as well!

Well worth the half an hour's effort for anyone else having DRE's or "Unable to read disc" errors.

Still, wouldn't that shorten the laser's life? More power means it will wear down sooner... Is it worth it?

allbons

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could someone sum up what parts of the game are not accessible to PAL users ?
I read that story mode and space ship challenge may be not fully functionnal.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
allbons said:
100% fine with good media

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
manias said:
allbons said:
100% fine with good media

ill be buying some discs tomorrow.. so its seems i should get Verbatim?

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
kreatosoupa said:
Still, wouldn't that shorten the laser's life? More power means it will wear down sooner... Is it worth it?

I doubt it'll shorten it that much. Remember that people are getting these errors on near-new Wiis with retail Brawl discs - I doubt Nintendo simply cleans the lens and sends it back.

funth

Trophies
XP
Country
OK followed all of the instructions from the initial post. Signing, generic wii patcher etc etc.

Running PAL console 3.2E with WiiKey 1.9g.

Game did a small update when I put it in, goes past the 'hand strap, wiimote page' then sets up the save file, then says loading....

then it just bins out to a plain white screen...

any ideas?

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
Normally, there is indeed a white screen for 2-3 seconds before the intro runs. Scared me the first time by the way.

Wait longer !

Jokes aside, if you got the game to load, I don't see why you will be blocked further. Probably a bad burn ?

Try IMGBurn specifying a Layer Break value. Worked like a charm for me.

funth

Trophies
XP
Country
I did use img burn and i did specify a layer break. Is it the intro to the game that plays at this point? If so I wonder if the movie is on the second layer and that's the problem?

UPDATE : I just re-burned on different media at 4x, still with manually specified layer break in ImgBurn.

Now instead of a plain white screen, i get a white screen with some text moaning about the disc!

this is fun

funkinlesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Running PAL console 3.2E with WiiKey 1.9g.
Same as me. I patched the game with Trucha Signer, so that it doesn't cause duplicate channels, then I used RegionFrii on the ISO, and burned it on a Verbatim DVD+R DL with ImgBurn without specifying a layer break - I left it on "calculate optimal". The game works fine for me up to now, with no slow down, DREs, green screens, bits of the screen being cut off etc. It's running at 480p in full screen with no borders too.

iori-kyo-k

Trophies
Website
www.jeux-france.com
XP
Country
France
funth said:
I did use img burn and i did specify a layer break. Is it the intro to the game that plays at this point? If so I wonder if the movie is on the second layer and that's the problem?

UPDATE : I just re-burned on different media at 4x, still with manually specified layer break in ImgBurn.

Now instead of a plain white screen, i get a white screen with some text moaning about the disc!

this is fun

Yup, it's the intro that plays juster after the "Now Loading" screen with the Smash Ball icon spinning. But it is known that this intro isn't on the second layer but on the first, so that's not it.

I can't say anything except try with a good Verbatim DVD+R DL on the slowest speed available ^^'

Thundi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Guys,

i just tried it myself, followed all the steps from the first post (including video mode change!), except using regionfrii, because i thought that's what the generic wii tool patcher thingy will do too. So far i got it working, but only in 50 hz, in 60 hz the screen stays black and it won't start. Furthermore, the intro video was very laggy, the sound kinda chopped. I tried a Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario fight, because i read its gonna crash on some move and it sure as hell did. :-( Yet other fights seem to be working ok, haven't tried online yet. Is there any solution for my problems, did i miss something or do something wrong?
I am using a PAL Wii, v 3.2e with latest wiikey update.

Thanks and Greets.

MelonSmasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is proboly the stopedst questioin ever. but i just dont get what a keybin is.

so i just need to type in google brawl key bin???

srry

rodak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

i just tried it myself, followed all the steps from the first post (including video mode change!), except using regionfrii, because i thought that's what the generic wii tool patcher thingy will do too. So far i got it working, but only in 50 hz, in 60 hz the screen stays black and it won't start. Furthermore, the intro video was very laggy, the sound kinda chopped. I tried a Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario fight, because i read its gonna crash on some move and it sure as hell did. :-( Yet other fights seem to be working ok, haven't tried online yet. Is there any solution for my problems, did i miss something or do something wrong?

Thanks and Greets.

Try turning the deflicker OFF in the game options, then set your wii to 60Hz, may work but i´m not sure.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
rodak said:
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks and Greets.

Try turning the deflicker OFF in the game options, then set your wii to 60Hz, may work but i´m not sure.

The game was slow mo for me initially. I changed to 60hz but the screen is just blank when the game loads, I changed back to 50hz and it seemed to fix it. I also think changing deflicker and even changing it back works too. It's quite bizarre. It still misses half the scores of the bottom of the screen during a game though.

funth

Trophies
XP
Country
well against all the advice i have read, i turned off the manual layer break, and left it to 'calculate optimal (thanks funkinlesson), and wrote it at 4x instead of 2.4x...

any hey presto it worked seamlessly!!

how come some people are getting success with the manual layer break, and some without?

rodak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fuckduallayer said:
this is proboly the stopedst questioin ever. but i just dont get what a keybin is.

so i just need to type in google brawl key bin???

srry

key.bin is a file that contains the common key that you need to use trucha signer.
you have to open it with a hex editor and then modify your wiikeyset.reg.
it's all explained in the first post
try searching for something like -> key.bin nintendo wii

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks and Greets.

You have the exact same problems as me. Deflicker may work to stop the choppy videos but I'm stumped on the mario crashes.

Posts merged

QUOTE(funth @ Mar 11 2008, 05:44 PM) well against all the advice i have read, i turned off the manual layer break, and left it to 'calculate optimal (thanks funkinlesson), and wrote it at 4x instead of 2.4x...

any hey presto it worked seamlessly!!

how come some people are getting success with the manual layer break, and some without?

I don't think wiikey users need to set the break, it's just other chip users.

Thundi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
rodak said:
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks and Greets.

Hell yeah it worked, screen stayed black for short but then the game started and now its not lagging and even the mario water attack works! Thanks a bunch mate!!
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-