Emulation Super NES emulator for GBA?

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Also, with other emulators like CoG coming out soon, and GBAGI just released, people have NOTHING to complain about.
CoG?! converter of graphics? nintendo told the developers to stop with that and make it a commercial product instead...
or maybe you are talking about some other emulator?
blink.gif
CoG: Colecovision-on-GBA

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
You know...I could come up with that website in about five minutes flat...and I suck at HTML. I would like to think that the creator of PocketNES would come up with something a little better than that. Not to mention the fact that he's been sitting on this for quite some time now without a word about whether or not it is coming out, or if he is even working on it. I highly doubt that he would go from being quiet about it to suddenly putting it up on a website for no real purpose whatsoever. Why would he post the files just to password protect them? Why would he put up teasers like that? Sorry, but I'm not believing that the site listed has anything at all to do with Loopy. I'm going to sit back and patiently wait for the final product and not jump on every bit of false information and praise it for its honesty.

Aniram

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Newbie...I wouldn't ever do any of that...I just said I wouldn't if you would have read my other posts. So maybe you should read some of the other things before starting to make this thread a flame topic. I said I'd wait, and thats what I'm doing. So maybe you should shut the hell up yourself, eh?

@garp...he said it was his website himself.

Aniram

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok then...whatevah...I just don't want to see this project fail...I know lots of past emu's have been given up on and this is the best one out there so far IMHO and I hope this one goes far. According to one of Loopy's posts he said he's got some testers. Because some people are too lazy to grab us another vid, maybe one of his testers could? I want to see another game other than one we already have on the gba being played.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
what he means by: "(Zips are password protected, don't bother trying)" is that it'll take more than a month to get it cracked or something. So don't even bother, I guess he'll be out with a working version sometime soon =P

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
You know...I could come up with that website in about five minutes flat...and I suck at HTML. I would like to think that the creator of PocketNES would come up with something a little better than that. Not to mention the fact that he's been sitting on this for quite some time now without a word about whether or not it is coming out, or if he is even working on it. I highly doubt that he would go from being quiet about it to suddenly putting it up on a website for no real purpose whatsoever. Why would he post the files just to password protect them? Why would he put up teasers like that? Sorry, but I'm not believing that the site listed has anything at all to do with Loopy. I'm going to sit back and patiently wait for the final product and not jump on every bit of false information and praise it for its honesty.
In case ya didn't know Loopy had kinda been, oh you know, in IRAQ serving America in the Marines.
He's currently done his service and studying in Utah.
There is no reason for you to doubt anything that has been said, and it is frickin' obvious he knows the audience he is dealing with, hence the fun of just quickly throwing up a page that -- yes-- one can write in 5 minutes.

Why does there need to be more? If you even recall anything, Titney maintains the PocketNES site, not loopy. Loopy would post a release on the forum (again, something someone could "come up with ... in about five minutes flat") and then Titney would update the PocketNES site to contain said release.

If I knew this was the audience I was dealing with, I'd fuck with y'all as much as possible... like maybe giving a preinjected rom that had to shut off in 4 seconds, right before you hit "start"... among other things.

Just know the guy came back from his tour of duty, is studying, and if anyone was going to do something like this, it would be him.
You have virtually every respected programmer in this scene telling you it's real and it's happening, there is no reason to doubt it...

and grubbing for "videos" and whatnot does not show you believe in it or in any show support for the author.

Support for the author is to shut the hell up and leave it be and it'll happen when it happens.
...I suggest beginning to beg for link play in your emulators to pass the time.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, this thread has certainly gone down in flames. I doubt that page is loopy's but I'm sure he's working on an emulator.

Aniram, no one wants to hear you whine for proof or whatever. It's loopy's prerogative to release what he wants when he wants. it's peoople like you who make the coders, ROM hackers, and translators quit. He's doing this in his spare time, he can damn well release videos when he feels like it.

Aniram

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, this thread has certainly gone down in flames. I doubt that page is loopy's but I'm sure he's working on an emulator.Â

Aniram, no one wants to hear you whine for proof or whatever. It's loopy's prerogative to release what he wants when he wants. it's peoople like you who make the coders, ROM hackers, and translators quit. He's doing this in his spare time, he can damn well release videos when he feels like it.
You guys...I seriously don't know what your malfunction is...I told you all I was going to wait. I'm not whining for proof. I said I believe it. Get on with your lives and stop poking at me when what I said has been admitted and done with.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*sets time bomb for 1 month*
tongue.gif

to bad most rom users dont have much money to spend. everything is for free which is a good thing
smile.gif

i dont need the emu now, but if i could just see a screen shot of it working with seiken densetsu 3 id probably be awstruck

M

mechanori

Not to bring down everyone's spirits and such, but what you're requesting is huge. Chrono Trigger? That game can barely run on most any Pocket PC (at 400mhz, although thats not really important). Super Mario RPG? That game had a special chip inside of that probably won't be emulated at all. If it will, it won't have a good speed. SD3 is one of those complex games, like Chrono Trigger and FF3 (FF6j). I don't know how well loopy can make this emulator, but lets keep our expectations low for the time being. No one wants to hear people complaining when "teh best RPG EEVAR!111!" doesn't work on their seriously underpowered GBA.

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i feel better now thanks :/
frown.gif

ah well maby there will be no point in me downloading this i guess asking for such games is a bit to hard. heh well it was good ti get excited i guess, well my mind is made up im getting an lcd screen for my gc, until i find something i can beat again that ill enjoy on my gba....come to think of it im wayyyyy backed up on my psone rpg's, i still have tales of destiny2 to beat, so i guess i have alot to keep me occupied for a while then

ent

for breakfast
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what he means by: "(Zips are password protected, don't bother trying)" is that it'll take more than a month to get it cracked or something. So don't even bother, I guess he'll be out with a working version sometime soon =P
you can crack a zip in like 1-5 minutes.

[edit] not that i am going to. people need to learn to be fucking patient and appreciate the work that goes in to this. you don't have a right to a snes emulator, it's a priviledge [/edit]

D

Deleted User

Not to bring down everyone's spirits and such, but what you're requesting is huge. Chrono Trigger? That game can barely run on most any Pocket PC (at 400mhz, although thats not really important). Super Mario RPG? That game had a special chip inside of that probably won't be emulated at all. If it will, it won't have a good speed. SD3 is one of those complex games, like Chrono Trigger and FF3 (FF6j). I don't know how well loopy can make this emulator, but lets keep our expectations low for the time being. No one wants to hear people complaining when "teh best RPG EEVAR!111!" doesn't work on their seriously underpowered GBA.
Well then, maybe the project could migrate over to the PSP then. But, that's a thread for PSPtemp.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk