Super NES emulator for GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by kerpalz, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Shinn

Shinn Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2005
    Netherlands
    Pogoshell can only read nes i think [​IMG]

2. RegalSin

RegalSin Banned

Banned
    Feb 8, 2005
    To emu the SNES perfectly I think we need a better GBA cart then the one that is out now. It would be the same size as regular gb carts but has extra chiset for emu of Snes games. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kagaden

Kagaden Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2006
    United States
    D...S! Ugh, the emu community's dead for this poor little handheld [​IMG]

4. Hiroshi21

Hiroshi21 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2003
    United States
    USA
    It wasnt dead a year ago when the original posts were made.. you pretty much resurected an old thread...

5. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    what about SnesDS it should run pretty good compared to pocketsnes?

6. Shadow-Zero

Shadow-Zero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Sorry to revive this old one, but I kinda got lost in my search for the best SNES emulator for a M3 Perfect Lite to use with my GBA-SP.
    Anyone know or can point me in the right direction? ^_^
    (also found http://gbatemp.net/t...lot2-emulators/, but I seem to miss a few SNES emus there)/

7. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    I wouldn't really recommend GBA mode SNES emulation (Unless I'm missing the point)

Regardless, bumping an 8 year old thread isn't exactly the best ide-
    Holy heart-failure, it's a post from Costello from back then..!

8. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    SNES Advance and Snezziboy. I can help you get the latest speedhacks applied if requested.

9. grantgalitz

grantgalitz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2012
    United States
    The answer is that there will never be a decent speed SNES emulator for the GBA, by a mathematical fact. The GBA's ARM CPU is not super-scalar like desktop CPUs and does not contain an L cache for memory. Not to mention the GBA CPU has to wait on slow memory access a lot.

10. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    what gba snes emus are missing?

i would like more information on the latest speedhacks. =)

-another world

11. grantgalitz

grantgalitz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2012
    United States
    Trying to emulate the audio (with its own cpu), video, and the main cpu, along with cartridge based co-processors is mathematically too much for the GBA's 16 MHZ CPU. Stop trying to beat a dead horse by asking for more speed hacks. There's a reason it was abandoned.

12. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Nobody asked for sound, and as long as you're fine with playing at 80-90% speed, the games are enjoyable to play. Don't be so pessimistic.

Another World, there really isn't much that isn't already at http://www.pockethea...opic.php?t=3366

Just know that you can pretty much just rename it to snezzi.dat for Snezziboy, although there are a few particular games that require Snezziboy-specific hacks, and those are located at http://www.pockethea...itle=Snezzi_dat

I personally prefer Snezziboy since you can go into the options and change the background settings on the fly, whereas with SNES Advance you're relying on someone having found decent graphics settings and having put them in the snesadvance.dat file for pre-patching.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted