amy test

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
whoa...!!
ohmy.gif

btw.. you can put your sig in my controls (log in first, its just below the main menu bar) and edit your profile.. unless you're intentional..

500th post!

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if gameboys are for mobile playing, how come i've never seen anyone playing out side?
you probably live where its cold, because here, everyone is outside playing
smile.gif
Please remember that that was posted in July... it was probably just a little warmer back in the Summer than it is now in January. Anyway playing a GBA is kinda hard when say you're trying walk somewhere, browse shops or talk to someone so believe it or not I don't often take my GBA outside... I only play it outside (if you can call it that) when I'm on the train or in a car (not driving of course, lol).
Regardless though was it really necessary to revive a topic that's been dead for 6 months?
blink.gif

Inu268

woof
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well the snes emulator is pretty good already and it runs a lot of games......the official site is down but there were some screens of final fantasy 5 there...and legend of mana runs,megaman x,megaman 7,castlevania,dracula x....these were what i tested anyway...

CakkuZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
So is there actualy way to get ff4-6 work on gba, i tried but result was no texts in intro and game graphics were scrumbled.
hate2.gif

It would be *REALLY* great to play ff4/5/6 on gba
cool.gif

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't work yet mang. We said that at Emuboards too. Oh wait, GBATemp made a special build that runs all FFs and Chrono Trigger!! pwnz!!

xxnoelziexx

Trophies
Website
www.dslreports.com
XP
Country
Haven't tested not got the time at the moment but thought I would let you lot know.

UPDATE February 15, 2004

PocketSNES beta released.
================================================================================
=======================

Latest News

Feb 16th, 2004 - Loopy Fixed up more gfx problems with PocketSNES.

Feb 4th, 2004 - Added screen brightness setting. Running low on RAM, rearraged the CPU core to save space.

Jan 31st, 2004 - In-game setting screen is working (sort of)...

Jan 30th, 2004 - Implemented select+L/R controls.

Jan 29th, 2004 - Added Mode 21 support. Changed SPC faking method. Tweaked auto-scroll and speed hack code.

Jan 28th, 2004 - Loopy Fixed a DMA bug, Konami games working better.

Don't confuse GBA Pocket SNES Advance with the one made by Bleeding Edge for PocketPC. If you are looking for the Pocket PC version go here. Also if you are looking for the official homepage made by VampireHunterD go here.

What Loopy said about SNES Sound emulation on GBA:

Q: there is gonna be no sound at all?
A: Not likely. I'm not gonna say it's impossible, though. I used to believe SNES emulation would never happen either.

Q: will Pocket SNES Advance work on Nintendo DS?
A: yes - we hope it will and using the increased processing power of the NDS you will be able to play snes roms on nintendo ds at better speed with sound

Extra Comment by me : I think the layout of the DS would then be perfect too none of this two keys business. Personal I can't wait for this Emulator to be working on the DS :-)

Visit our download section to get the latest version of snes emulator for gba.
Just when you thought it wasn't possible Loopy does it again - working emulator for playing snes roms on Gameboy Advance and GBA SP. Download the Emulator. Run the rom injector utility. Create PocketSNES.gba file and write it to your GBA Flash Card or play it in VisualBoy Advance emu on PC/ Mac/ Linux/ BeOS.

Linked Removed check below on IxthusTiger post (Thanks Mate)

It's a start

SNES ADVANCE Game ROMS

Listed here are the games that have been tested to be compatible with the current version of PocketNES and work.

Confirmed Working Games

These are all playable to some extent, but some are a bit slow or have graphic bugs. Many Konami games work.

Akumajou Dracula XX (J).smc
Aladdin (U) [!].smc - works good
Animaniacs (U) [!].smc
Axelay (U): major graphical problems in menu and game selection screens. Perfect ingame graphics and good speed!
Batman Returns (U) [!].smc
Breath of Fire (U) [!].smc - glitches
Choujikuu Yousai Macross - Scrambled Valkyrie (J).smc - great
Darius Force (J): almost perfect graphics (some problems in intro and in ingame moving background not emulated). Very playable!
Demon's Crest (U) [!].smc
Earthworm Jim (U).smc - great
Fatal Fury (U).smc - fine
Gokujou Parodius (J).smc
Goof Troop (U) [!].smc - some gfx glitches
Ganbare Goemon - Yuki hime Kyuushuutsu emaki (J) (V1.0).smc - works
Gradius III (U) [!].smc - really great
Gunforce - Battle Fire Engulfed Terror Island (U).smc - working
Mega Man's Soccer (U) [!].smc - slow but works
Raiden Trad (U).smc - works
Simcity (U): corrupted graphics in main menu and selection of scenario. 'Start new city' mode works but takes a long time to start. it works ingame with 'Practice' and 'Select Scenario' modes with perfect graphics.
Super Castlevania IV (U) [!].smc
Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (U) [!].smc - bg glitches
Super Mario World (U) [!].smc
Super R-Type (U) [!].smc - great, fast
Super Smash T.V. (U).smc - some glitches

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the rip-off site ala www.gameboy-advance.com

the real site is www.snesadvance.org

which was formerly helmed by Vampire Hunter D who rocks, but rOss is a dickwad. However, loopy and fluBBa still work on the emu and updates are posted there.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Shinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So i guess there is no hope...i just thought maybe chrono trigger works with sound, isn't GBA much stronger than snes???

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So i guess there is no hope...i just thought maybe chrono trigger works with sound, isn't GBA much stronger than snes???
I dont remember how much more poewerful or what not but to emulate it takes quite a bit of horsepower, much more than the original system. It also takes some dedication and lots of code optimization. It is amazing what Loopy and crew has done already. The next generation of handhelds should be able to pull off full snes emulation if someone puts a little heart and soul into it!!! The Gba is just not powerful enough.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I said never...I meant perfect emulation...

The GBA hardware is simply not powerful enough despite software work arounds to get full sound and speed out of the system. Or even 90% to say.

Shinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do not know how to make a topic because i am still a newbie.
I flash 2 games in one and if i start is there is just a logo of the gameboy advance and i can only play one game.
Normally there is a menu.
I do not know how do the other game?
Do you know which progamm i must use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D