Super NES emulator for GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by kerpalz, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Daedalus

Daedalus GBAtemp Fan

Feb 15, 2003
    Melbourne
    On the other hand, if you're writing an emulator, and expect everyone to worship you, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. I give respect where respect is due, which is why I hate intro's on GBA roms. I hope this is real, and can play a good selection of roms. I'll be happy with Shadowrun working untill it's ported to the GBA [​IMG]

2. bolton2

bolton2 bolton2

Oct 25, 2002
    United States
    Everywhere and Nowhere :P
    either that or get a gp32 lol

3. FluBBa

FluBBa Advanced Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Wow! You people are tense.
    You wanna know why Loopy set up the page?
    So we tester could download the source and help him out.
    If you manage to crack the password you would still need to compile the binary.

Move on!...

4. dris

dris Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2004
    United States
    Any what figure password of this ZIP file is there?

5. ciama81

ciama81 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2002
    United States
    I don't know what dris is tryin to say, but i have a realer question than when is it coming, are the pics at the "teaser" site compressed to fit on the gba screen or must they be scrolled ??? Great Job Loopy!!!

6. loopy

loopy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2004
    United States
    I couldn't have put it better myself. You are all retards.

The very authors of numerous other GBA emulators confirm on multiple boards that they are working on a SNES emulator. Is it true? Impossible! It must be fake!

Again, the author himself announces a progress page, to give the masses a peek into what's going on. Another fake! Fuck this, I'm gonna announce (on the very boards he visits, no less) that I'm hacking the zips to uncover the truth.

Let's do a technical analysis. Some bullet points for ya:

1) The GBA can emulate a NES without much problem.
    2) It's no more difficult for the GBA to emulate SNES-comparable graphics than it is to emulate NES. Why's that? The GBA's graphics processor is designed nearly identically to the SNES's. Can you say HLE? Yeah, no shit sherlock.
    3) The SNES CPU runs 1.5x - 2x faster than the NES.
    4) I've announced on occasion that the emulator runs at least about half speed of a real SNES. Hmm, lemme check. Yep, the numbers DO seem to match up.
    5) You've already seen that even the PC Engine, which has a clock speed twice that of the SNES, is possible to emulate with reasonable speed.

Put the pieces together, gents. Anyone with half a brain should be able to come to the same conclusion: it IS possible, and in fact it IS being done. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to release a buggy, broken, incomplete emulator. I'd probably be crucified by you folks for having the GALL to give you a SNES emulator for free that can't run all your favorite games yet.

oh, and please please PLEASE don't start a flood of WE LOVE YOU LOOPY posts. I'm not fishing for compliments here. I just had to vent about all the idiocy floating around here as of late.

7. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    WOA !!! It's loopy, tho you haven't answered me @ pocketnes board!! =D

HLE = High Level Emulation.. Sweet!!

Thanx for that GREAT explanation, you're the best. and by saying all that, u even mean sound emulation to a certain degree is even possible. (Pc-Engine's got some sound =D)

8. amongmyselves

amongmyselves Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2004
    United States
    Central Florida
    Thanx for clearing that up Loopy, i hope this will put an end to the rush of "I M A l337 H4x0r! OMG I'll h4ck the Gibs0n!!!" posts...

9. Inu268

Inu268 woof

Dec 16, 2002
    Brazil
    right here
    thanks for clearing that up loopy......i believed you did that page just to mess with us(because of the pass protect)and i never bothered myself to download it.....and i did not know you and never tried that pocketnes emu,so that is why i was believing you were just messing around......now i going to shut up and wait.....

10. Aniram

Aniram Banned

Banned
    Feb 1, 2004
    United States
    Noo Yok, Noo Yok
    Thanks...now I hope that proved some things to the morons that still believe it's fake...

11. zloty

zloty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2003
    Aus
    sigh.....aniram once again shutup before u get more angry posts directed at u

back to the true topic at hand, cant wait for this emu i didnt think it'd be possible for snes to be emulated on gba, the first time i came to this board my first post was asking if it can be done, and i got shot down in flames by ppl screaming at me to use the search option, oops [​IMG]

12. Leo111

Leo111 One day I was going to GBATEMP and lololo !!!

Banned
    Oct 3, 2003
    Brazil
    Um, sorry if I may be dumb, or super dumb, but I read the whole 15 pages of this topic and didnt get what the hell is that site you´ll all talking about.

Link please?

13. Elrinth

Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Nov 6, 2002
    Yeah, I'd always think it'd be possible to emulate the snes on the gba.. cause of the opcodes were kinda similar. though I was kinda disencouraged cause of the gba soundchip which is very bad IMO.

and after this, the pogoshell 2.0 working for EZ2 flash cart, jpeg viewer better support for pogo, then I'm kinda satisfied with everything regarding GBA [​IMG]

14. bolton2

bolton2 bolton2

Oct 25, 2002
    United States
    Everywhere and Nowhere :P
    lol password protected zip files are crap when you have a zip password remover proggy lol [​IMG] but good ting i never decided to download that lol. well im just exercising my patience [​IMG] lol. i cant wait to see this on the gba. thank goodness for smart people that can do this stuff, lol its like my phrase, "you make game me play game" lol id never even think of such stuff and yet popel know alll this stuff. makes ya envious, but hey they study and make the stuff and i just play it [​IMG] lol

15. jayminer

jayminer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2004
    Sweden
    only 7 lol's in that post, I think you could have squeezed in a couple more [​IMG]

16. Leo111

Leo111 One day I was going to GBATEMP and lololo !!!

Banned
    Oct 3, 2003
    Brazil
    ^ Actually, there are 7 lol´s.

Edit: Oh u corrected it [​IMG] nm

Ontopic: Can anyone PLEASE tell me what zip file is that?!?!?

17. Inu268

Inu268 woof

Dec 16, 2002
    Brazil
    right here
    yes,its the zip file cointaing something from the emu(dont know what it is....i believe that it was writte in the site......and they are password protected,and you need more than that to run the emu(wich isnt avaiable right now))and the link for the site got removed......and i dont remember it......now lets just wait for the snes emu.....and some1 might develop a game cube emu for the gba to......anh.....might not happen....

18. jayminer

jayminer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2004
    Sweden
    yeah, I was very quick to edit it so I hoped no one would notice [​IMG]

19. loopy

loopy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2004
    United States
    christ, you people know how to beat a dead horse.
    It's the source code to the emulator, ok? Hence the name SRC.ZIP.

If I intended for you to have what's in it, it wouldn't be protected. Just stop fscking worrying about it.

20. Aniram

Aniram Banned

Banned
    Feb 1, 2004
    United States
    Noo Yok, Noo Yok
    God dude why are you bringing up a post pages back that I already said I was wrong about?

...some people need to read on.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted