Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
Hello there !

I try to understand the mysterious pin 31 "audio in" on the cartridge pinout for GB/C/A(SP).

Actually I only know about the nanoloop mono using it. But the nano loop mono says the internal jack out will not work on GBA(SP).

Does it mean the pin 31 is only wired up to the GBC and end with GBA ?

Then I found out about a MP3 player for GBA called Play-Yan. Does it decode the mp3 on an on-cartridge chip and forward the analogue signal to gba through pin 31 (which would mean pin31 is wired on GBA) ? Or does it decode MP3 on the GBA arm processor and audio chip ?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there !

I try to understand the mysterious pin 31 "audio in" on the cartridge pinout for GB/C/A(SP).

Actually I only know about the nanoloop mono using it. But the nano loop mono says the internal jack out will not work on GBA(SP).

Does it mean the pin 31 is only wired up to the GBC and end with GBA ?

Then I found out about a MP3 player for GBA called Play-Yan. Does it decode the mp3 on an on-cartridge chip and forward the analogue signal to gba through pin 31 (which would mean pin31 is wired on GBA) ? Or does it decode MP3 on the GBA arm processor and audio chip ?
https://github.com/psobot/musicboy
You might be interested in this.

Aeredren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
txti.es
XP
Country
France
https://github.com/psobot/musicboy
You might be interested in this.
Awesome !

It does confirm my guess : audio in pin is only a feature for GameBoy/pocket/lite/color :)

And it is a super cool project, it is quite uncommon to see custom cartridge hardware, the only other one I know about is wolfenstein for game boy color which render on an on cartridge coprocessor "a la superfx".

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto