Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
By the way...

"According to several 911 calls from the neighborhood, the two wrestled and screams for help went out from one of the two. (...) When police came to the scene, Zimmerman dropped his weapon and told them he shot Martin in self defense."

http://newsfeed.time...ense-or-racism/

...and just so that one thing is clear - I am not partial to either side, I just think this is a matter for police investigators to settle, not an opportunity for some online lynching.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way...

"According to several 911 calls from the neighborhood, the two wrestled and screams for help went out from one of the two. (...) When police came to the scene, Zimmerman dropped his weapon and told them he shot Martin in self defense."

http://newsfeed.time...ense-or-racism/

...and just so that one thing is clear - I am not partial to either side, I just think this is a matter for police investigators to settle, not an opportunity for some online lynching.
We all know the police won't charge him. Hopefully the U.S. government will charge him with a hate crime. And thanks for the article it mentions that there is a controversy as some believe the Sanford Police Department are protecting Zimmerman.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We all know the police won't charge him. Hopefully the U.S. government will charge him with a hate crime.
He is not arrested *yet*, this does not mean that there is no investigation in-progress. If sufficient materials are gathered to persecute him then hell yes, he will be arrested.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
We all know the police won't charge him. Hopefully the U.S. government will charge him with a hate crime.
He is not arrested *yet*, this does not mean that there is no investigation in-progress. If sufficient materials are gathered to persecute him then hell yes, he will be arrested.
Thanks to the law they won't arrested. The current police chief believes arresting Zimmerman would be a violation of his civil rights.And the state attorney might press charges for manslaughter, not murder. If Trayvon was white. Zimmerman's ass would have been in jail.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks to the law they won't arrested. The current police chief believes arresting Zimmerman would be a violation of his civil rights.And the state attorney might press charges for manslaughter, not murder. If Trayvon was white. Zimmerman's ass would have been in jail.
Are you saying this on some kind of grounds or do you just feel like that'd be the scenario? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that the law in question does not specify any races involved, just the procedure.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying this on some kind of grounds or do you just feel like that'd be the scenario? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure that the law in question does not specify any races involved, just the procedure.
No,when I listened to the 911 tapes, I felt he was racist. Plus the Sanford Police Department has a terrible history with racism.

On 16 July 2005, two parking lot security guards, one the son of a Sanford Police Department veteran and the other a volunteer for the department, shot a Black teen, Travares McGill, in the back, killing him. They claimed self-defense, and the case was dismissed in court.

In 2010, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement report noted that Sanford police Officer Christopher McClendon had misused his official position by helping a car dealer recover cars from delinquent customers in exchange for having his own car payments forgiven.

In February 2010, press reports indicated one officer was fired, and another, Ned Golden, Junior, was suspended for two weeks[6] after sending sexist and racist text messages on a department computer.

In January, 2011, the same Officer Ned Golden, Junior was assigned to retraining after approaching a car of people at a gas station with a drawn gun. Officer Golden grabbed the car when it pulled away. He then claimed the driver of the car tried to kill him by driving away while he held onto the car. No charges were filed in the case. In August 2011, after an investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Golden was fired. The state report recommended he be charged with filing a false police report, official misconduct and assault with a deadly weapon. [9] No charges were filed by the State Attorney's Office.

Officer Golden is the son of the head of the local police union.

In that same month, the chief of the department, Bran Tooley took an early retirement as a result of an incident involving one of his officer’s sons. Justin Collison was involved in a fistfight caught on video tape. Press reports indicate Collison, the son of a police lieutenant, may have received preferential treatment by the Sanford Police Department.

In 2012, George Zimmerman, a civilian neighborhood watch captain shot and killed an unarmed teenager in in alleged act of self-defense. This incident caused national notoriety as the teenager was unarmed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanford_Police_Department_(Florida)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborhood-watch-shooting-trayvon-martin-probe-reveals-questionable/story?id=15907136#.T2hDONnCenA

Another officer corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help. The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
http://abcnews.go.co...36#.T2hDONnCenA

Another officer corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help. The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.
As I've said I believe if Trayvon was white. Zimmerman would be in jail. The Sanford Police Department is corrupt and racist.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I've said I believe if Trayvon was white. Zimmerman would be in jail. The Sanford Police Department is corrupt and racist.

hot-fuzz.jpg

I dunno, they did take down a whole corrupt night watch society in the town.

Oh, you said Sanford, not Sandford.

But it's good to know you know so much about a police department in an obscure town that you've never been to or even heard of until this case. You're just a fountain of knowledge.

EDIT: Also, you forget that Zimmerman is Hispanic. If the department was really racist they'd go after him just as hard.

Reactions: 1 person

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

hot-fuzz.jpg

I dunno, they did take down a whole corrupt night watch society in the town.

Oh, you said Sanford, not Sandford.

But it's good to know you know so much about a police department in an obscure town that you've never been to or even heard of until this case. You're just a fountain of knowledge.

EDIT: Also, you forget that Zimmerman is Hispanic. If the department was really racist they'd go after him just as hard.
i know he's Hispanic, that's his father defense for saying he's not racist. Because Hispanics can't hate Black People.It's also not an obscure town, it's the county seat of Seminole County, it has 53,570 people and I have heard of Sanford long before this case, I have never been there but I have heard of it. Don't go throwing insults around. When you don't even know what you're talking about.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know he's Hispanic, that's his father defense for saying he's not racist. Because Hispanics can't hate Black People.It's also not an obscure town, it's the county seat of Seminole County, it has 53,570 people and I have heard of Sanford long before this case, I have never been there but I have heard of it. Don't go throwing insults around. When you don't even know what you're talking about.

You said the police department is racist and I was pointing out that Zimmerman was Hispanic and thus would be subject to racism. Hispanics have plenty of racial crap thrown at them. Go look at Arizona if you want a good example.

I was pointing out that you're acting like you know everything on a town you've read up on on Wikipedia and talk about their police department and their morals as though you've been subject to them. As much as I love Wikipedia it makes everyone who reads it think they're a would-be expert or scholar on the subject.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we let the police do their investigative work before throwing accusations that they're racist, that they're corrupt, etc.?

Those things may turn out to be true, but in the mean time, assuming and prejudging gets us nowhere.

Reactions: 4 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think it is safe to assume that the majority of the PD forces are white, thus, as Guild said, Zimmerman would be subjected to racism himself. He definatelly would not be "defended" by racists so your claim that the PD is bias is nullified. Your form of defense is that hispanics can hate blacks just as much as white people can. By following this line of logic, you could also put a black man on trial for a hate crime for attacking another black man. Hell, we could trial a white person for attacking another white person - I hate plenty of white people afterall. Are those hate crimes too?

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it is safe to assume that the majority of the PD forces are white, thus, as Guild said, Zimmerman would be subjected to racism himself. Your like of defense is that hispanics can hate blacks just as much as white people can. By following this line of logic, you could also put a black man on trial for a hate crime for attacking another black man. Hell, we could trial a white person for attacking another white person - I hate plenty of white people afterall. Are those hate crimes too?
The police are protecting him though they have tried to tell witnesses, that they didn't hear Trayvon Martin screaming but Zimmerman. Of course, they can my father is himself a racist. You can hate all you want when you act on it according to the federal government it's a crime. And here is the definition of a hate crime. You also have to prove it's a hate crime, and you can in this case. And to assume it can't be a hate crime just because a minority is involved is beyond stupid, if you had listened to the 911 calls you would understand how people see this as a hate crime.
In crime and law, hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, sex, gender identity, social status or political affiliation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_crime#United_States

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In crime and law, hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, sex, gender identity, social status or political affiliation.
http://en.wikipedia....e#United_States
*sighs* You're not getting my point. At all.

Your argument is that Zimmerman is defended by a racist Police Department wheras if that was true, he himself would be subjected to persecution. Or do you not understand that?

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

You said the police department is racist and I was pointing out that Zimmerman was Hispanic and thus would be subject to racism. Hispanics have plenty of racial crap thrown at them. Go look at Arizona if you want a good example.

I was pointing out that you're acting like you know everything on a town you've read up on on Wikipedia and talk about their police department and their morals as though you've been subject to them. As much as I love Wikipedia it makes everyone who reads it think they're a would-be expert or scholar on the subject.
I know what's going on in Arizona. I think Jan Brewer is a dumb bitch.Not necessarily you can like Hispanics and all think blacks are thiefs, murders, etc. This case is an example.I have provided evidence that this police department has a terrible history with racism.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1