Students want watch leader who shot Trayvon Martin arrested

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, he is guilty, he got out of his car when the police told him not to, I'm actually tired of saying this. Trayvon would still be alive if Zimmerman didn't get out of the car and stalk him.

Technically that makes him guilty of disobeying an officer (or whatever the official name is), not murder. The report also said that following Martin wasn't illegal.
In other words, Zimmerman is guilty of disobeying a direct order while Trayvon was guilty of attacking an officer on-duty and resisting arrest/questioning and he was shot during the forementioned fight.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he is guilty, he got out of his car when the police told him not to, I'm actually tired of saying this. Trayvon would still be alive if Zimmerman didn't get out of the car and stalk him.

Technically that makes him guilty of disobeying an officer (or whatever the official name is), not murder. The report also said that following Martin wasn't illegal.
In other words, Zimmerman is guilty of disobeying a direct order while Trayvon was guilty of attacking an officer on-duty and resisting arrest/questioning and he was shot during the forementioned fight.

Zimmerman wasn't an officer, he was just a night watch captain, FYI. Still, disobeying orders from an officer is an offense. Like refusing to get out of your car when you're asked to for a parking ticket is illegal.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

It doesn't matter he violated an order and murdered Trayvon, Trayvon wasn't a thief his father lived in that gated community. Have you listened to the 911 calls? If not. These were the 911 calls the police were reluctant to release and for good reason.It shows Zimmerman to be a racist.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/GRAPHIC-Trayvon-Martin-911-calls-released/-/1637132/9450044/-/6m827cz/-/index.html

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Zimmerman wasn't an officer, he was just a night watch captain, FYI. Still, disobeying orders from an officer is an offense. Like refusing to get out of your car when you're asked to for a parking ticket is illegal.
I'm pretty sure that a night watch captain is allowed to question a person he or she deems suspicious, much like a volunteer sheriff deputy is.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Hyro-Sama']

If you are absolutely, then I'm sorry to have offended. However, I think it's pretty clear that the intention of the post was to draw attention to the hateful language being displayed. If we cannot use and discuss such language, then how can we hope to teach the evils of racism and the need for understanding?

I understood what you meant. I was joking. Sorry. Moreover, I agree with your latter point about the necessity to use those words in order to teach the future generation to think differently.

I figured (hence the "if you're serious part"), and it's no problem. I just thought that providing a rationale in case someone else brought up the point.

No, but to just say I disagree with her is a lie. I view her as a vile and disgusting bigot.

The English language is filled with strong, powerful words that you can use to express a variety of emotions (For example, "I find x's view on y deplorable. What x says is truly sickening. Etc., etc.).

Jumping to name calling isn't going to make you any better.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It doesn't matter he violated an order and murdered Trayvon, Trayvon wasn't a thief his father lived in that gated community. Have you listened to the 911 calls? If not. These were the 911 calls the police were reluctant to release and for good reason.It shows Zimmerman to be a racist.
http://www.clickorla...cz/-/index.html
This is probably the 100th time you mention the calls - by now everybody and their dog has the link to them. You are also too quick at saying that he murdered the kid - clearly the Police Department has a different take on the issue then you do. It is not a fact - it is your personal judgement.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He violated a law but if he shot in self defense then it wasn't a premeditated murder like everyone wants to think.

You can't be arrested for being a racist. You're a scumbag if you are but the case shows that Zimmerman shot Martin in an act of self defense. Zimmerman was involved in an altercation with Martin and he shot to defend himself. He didn't just walk up to Martin and shoot him in cold blood.

Also police can be "reluctant" to release information about a case because it's, you know, about a case. The case made national headlines and having everyone's nose poke into what should be an unbiased examination of facts isn't what everyone wants. Releasing evidence to show Zimmerman being a racist is just going to make the case even harder for the people investigating it and it doesn't make the department racist, just practical.

Reactions: 3 people

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is probably the 100th time you mention the calls - by now everybody and their dog has the link to them. You are also too quick at saying that he murdered the kid - clearly the Police Department has a different take on the issue then you do. It is not a fact - it is your personal judgement.
As I have shown this police department has a very shady history, so I don't care what they think. I care what the U.S. Department of Justice thinks.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there is no one around and you have wounds that show self defense. They have to prove it's not self defense.

Well if I have wounds to show self defense that belong to the "victim" then it's probably self defense. If a guy keeps slugging at me and I feel my life is in danger I won't hesitate to shoot.
not a situation you would want to be in, trying to draw your firearm with the attacker on you. also if hes adept with a knife and hes that close, having a holstered firearm is a death sentence. The firearm in most cases just needs to be presented to the attacker or attackers and 90% of the time a shot does not need to be fired to stop the event from escalating. Most states having mandatory training of how to carry concealed firearms and when they may be presented....if you screw up and display it without imminent danger or cause you will go to jail for a felony. I'm for gun carry, but my goddamn my state is the only one in the Union that does not allow it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not a situation you would want to be in, trying to draw your firearm with the attacker on you. also if hes adept with a knife and hes that close, having a holstered firearm is a death sentence. The firearm in most cases just needs to be presented to the attacker or attackers and 90% of the time a shot does not need to be fired to stop the event from escalating. Most states having mandatory training of how to carry concealed firearms and when they may be presented....if you screw up and display it without imminent danger or cause you will go to jail for a felony. I'm for gun carry, but my goddamn my state is the only one in the Union that does not allow it.

Um, this isn't exactly Solid Snake I'm fighting and not every mugger on the streets is a trained assassin. I'm just saying that if a guy threw a few punches at me and had no intention of stopping until I was in mortal danger, I'd have no hesitation to shoot him if pulling a gun was an adequate deterrent for him.

He didn't identify himself to Martin.

The report said that following Martin wasn't a crime. If they were wrong then a much larger authority would be jumping on this case like white on rice (side note: NOT BEING RACIST TOWARDS CAUCASIANS OR THE ASIAN POPULATION).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As I have shown this police department has a very shady history, so I don't care what they think. I care what the U.S. Department of Justice thinks.
Not you - Wikipedia. If you're so eager to know what's their take then sit tight and wait for their opinion.
And there I thought there were no eye witnesses? Just people who "heard the shot and the cries"? ;)

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Um, this isn't exactly Solid Snake I'm fighting and not every mugger on the streets is a trained assassin. I'm just saying that if a guy threw a few punches at me and had no intention of stopping until I was in mortal danger, I'd have no hesitation to shoot him if pulling a gun was an adequate deterrent for him.

The report said that following Martin wasn't a crime. If they were wrong then a much larger authority would be jumping on this case like white on rice (side note: NOT BEING RACIST TOWARDS CAUCASIANS OR THE ASIAN POPULATION).
But that wasn't the case.They were hence the U.S. Department of Justice is investigating this case as a hate crime. And the mayor of the town has asked them to also investigate the police department.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There weren't there were witnesses who heard what happened hence the 911 calls. It features Trayvon screaming help.
People immediatelly hear when other people scream and cry for help, they never seem to hear when others identify themselves though... hum... Maybe because it's not something you would really notice or something that is out of the ordinary?

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There weren't there were witnesses who heard what happened hence the 911 calls. It features Trayvon screaming help.
People immediatelly hear when other people scream and cry for help, they never seem to hear when others identify themselves though... hum... Maybe because it's not something you would really notice or something that is out of the ordinary?
It's on the 911 call you can hear it Foxi. Why don't you listen to it? Before writing how about you do some research. Instead of just spamming to increase your post count.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

unfortunately it is a reality, a lot of muggers/criminals carry knifes and know how to use them, and many murders are committed with them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's on the 911 call you can hear it Foxi. Why don't you listen to it? Before writing how about you do some research. Instead of just spamming to increase your post count.
LOL, pleasant accusation on your part. Excuse me, you have not convinced me to your cause with your share of evidence, I think I'll pass this thread until someone who actually is qualified to judge such cases will state an opinion. Preferably the formentioned Justice department.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most amusing thread ever. People bashing comments at each other. Been so long since I've seen that.
On topic though, I would prefer to let the police handle and make assumptions later because I fear this thread may get out of control.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll pass this thread until someone who actually is qualified to judge such cases will state an opinion. Preferably the formentioned Justice department.

Well it is a smile72 thread, it wouldn't be complete without him passing judgment on issues he's a Wikipedia scholar in and then bashing everyone who isn't him.

Reactions: 2 people

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'll pass this thread until someone who actually is qualified to judge such cases will state an opinion. Preferably the formentioned Justice department.

Well it is a smile72 thread, it wouldn't be complete without him passing judgment on issues he's a Wikipedia scholar in and then bashing everyone who isn't him.
Or could it be that neither of you have provided any evidence to prove your points?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For some reason this whole thread reminds me of that Married With Children episode where Al beat up the guy robing his shitty hovel of a home and ended up getting sued by the guy and then turned around and counter sued the robber for injuring his own hands on his face. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4