Hacking Stop H8in' on the R4i

Clockworkoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i watched videos on youtube and i read reviews on what people have said about the R4i Upgrade.

I bought the Red Card $28 shipped and already had an 8gb PNY SDHC microsd card $24.99.

bannere.jpg

www.r4i-sdhc.com

As of right now i have a DSLite (US). Its been about a week and no problems. I have 74 games on it right now and so far its been flawless with all of the games ive tried.

This coming Friday i will be buying a new DSi (US) and will see how it performs. I'll report back when i try this out.

But, i will say if this help's at all. Watch these videos. Its a few people using the Same Chip and working just fine on their DSi.

This kid is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!! but, his also works on the DSi

Works Yet Again!!

Clockworkoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
so
it just a CLONE of a CLONE
as the
R4i is a clone of the AceKard2i
and this is a clone of the R4i

Clone or not i could CARE less as long as the card does what its suppose too..
Also if so many people did CARE then all of us who bought this Chip really dont care what the masses think. It just works and thats all we need.

lecture.gif
[Fight the Power]

Im not a technical person when it comes to chips and i just use what has been proven to work and cost affective.
yaynds.gif

We are also Cloning people now a days and guess what!! That seems to be working too.. lmao
grog.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Clockworkoj said:
cost affective.
yaynds.gif
You... you don't know DX...

28$...

EPIC FAIL.
moogle.gif

Yes, R4i works, but why would you buy, this, where ALL the other flashcards does the same, and even more, with a better build quality, for most of time a smaller price??

Clockworkoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
Clockworkoj said:
cost affective.
yaynds.gif
You... you don't know DX...

28$...

EPIC FAIL.
moogle.gif

Tell ya what.. if you watched the videos one kid said he got his for $18 but to tell you the truth $28 is water under the bridge compared to most of the prices and for reliability the site i got it from is trust worthy and extremely fast shipping. Really im just paying for the Chip+Quality Service. So if it cost a few extra bucks consider it their Tip for Great Service. Btw i also have a life outside of the computer and not gonna waste my time knit picking through thousands of sites to find the best deal.

COST Affective means what one can afford and this was just fine for my price range.
yay.gif

To some a Porsche 911 GT2 is Cost Affective as compared to a Bentley Continental GT 2009 or Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010.. WooT Porsche still WiN'S!! Faster and Cost Affective..
nyanya.gif

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Clockworkoj said:
Btw i also have a life outside of the computer and not gonna waste my time knit picking through thousands of sites to find the best deal.

Maybe you should use all that life experience and be smarter with your money.

Just sayin'.

Clockworkoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hachibei said:

Just sayin'.

hahahahaha... Obviously you don't understand child.. Do not question what i do with my money or how much of an income i have. i do not need to prove that i am well off but still don't feel like spending on what you stupid critics think. I didn't say. "Hey go out and buy one."
happy.gif

This is just basically my review of this chip and to stop being h8er's, but i guess with ignorance all around this will not happen. If all of you have so many bad things to say why even bother Looking in the R4 DS section.
wtf.gif

Go belittle someone else. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Dayum Geeks who think they need to prove something. Cry somewhere else.
cry.gif

Clockworkoj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the BS about how much i spent on a Clone Card i am Surprised no one has anything to say about how much i spent on my Microcard.. So before people do.. Yes go on ebay and take a risk they sell them for $12 shipped. However, with my store bought one i can return it anytime get a brand new one while the store RMA's my old one..

Yes people, i got it like that.. Worry free.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Okay, both you and this thread are a fail.
You're flaming all the replies that are fcair about the R4i
ITS A CLONE OF THE ACEKARD2i !

Buy an iTouchDS2. They're pretty awesome (I have one)
Congrats on the microSD... you beat all of mine by loads...

Cheats don't work properly on the R4i firmware, it looks ugly and there are tonnes of other disadvantages.

Oh, and how we found this thread? Its on the "recent topics" on the front page.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Clockworkoj said:
Hachibei said:

Just sayin'.

hahahahaha... Obviously you don't understand child.. Do not question what i do with my money or how much of an income i have. i do not need to prove that i am well off but still don't feel like spending on what you stupid critics think. I didn't say. "Hey go out and buy one."
happy.gif

This is just basically my review of this chip and to stop being h8er's, but i guess with ignorance all around this will not happen. If all of you have so many bad things to say why even bother Looking in the R4 DS section.
wtf.gif

Go belittle someone else. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Dayum Geeks who think they need to prove something. Cry somewhere else.
cry.gif
You child, are indeed very funny.

I suggest you buy a real flashcard, like the acekard2i or iTouchDS 2, have fun with your crappy little clone when it won't play the games you want later on.

Enjoy your over priced low grade card.

ps. you're the ignorant hater

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
r4i.png
somebody give this man a medal.

QUOTE(triassic911 @ May 2 2009, 08:26 PM) People hate because they are clones, not original. Personally I don't care, as long as it works like it's supposed to.
True, but the R4i doesn't work perfectly. Sure, it'll run roms and boot on a DSi, but if you wanna use AR codes or anything like that, then that's a no-go. It either outright doesn't work, or has problems working (not sure of the specifics, but whatever).

Anyway, seems to me that OP is probably a kid who knows bugger all about this sort of stuff, or just didn't do his research and is trying to justify the money he's wasted. Also- it's cost effective, "producing optimum results for the expenditure" according to dictionary.com. Since we've already established cheat codes do not work on the R4i, but do on the (cheaper) card it's a clone of, we can therefore conclude that the R4i does not produce optimum results.

tl;dr - OP, you just lost the game. the game of life.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, while rare, even brand name carts are known to blow fuses on DSes. I can't imagine the company that makes a clone of a clone stealing a name to sell a product is too concerned about quality control. So beware.

And you won't be proclaiming the greatness of your card in 6 months when you need an update and this mysterious team is gone.

EDIT: I wasted my 200th post on this? Bleh.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, the kid from the second video really IS annoying... despite him sounding like he's 8, can I punch him in the head anyways?
tongue.gif

"18 dolla... 18 dolla... 18 dolla..." BAM!

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
so
it just a CLONE of a CLONE
as the
R4i is a clone of the AceKard2i
and this is a clone of the R4i

Is this an AK2i clone or a DSTTi clone?

I've been playing a bit with the non-i version of this card and it definately seems to use at least parts of the DSTT software. I believe another thread mentioned that it is based off of DSTT v1.15.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1