Stop H8in' on the R4i

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Clockworkoj, May 2, 2009.

May 2, 2009

Stop H8in' on the R4i by Clockworkoj at 4:51 PM (5,222 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. Clockworkoj
    OP

Newcomer Clockworkoj Newbie

United States
    Well i watched videos on youtube and i read reviews on what people have said about the R4i Upgrade.

I bought the Red Card $28 shipped and already had an 8gb PNY SDHC microsd card $24.99.

[​IMG]
    www.r4i-sdhc.com

As of right now i have a DSLite (US). Its been about a week and no problems. I have 74 games on it right now and so far its been flawless with all of the games ive tried.

This coming Friday i will be buying a new DSi (US) and will see how it performs. I'll report back when i try this out.

But, i will say if this help's at all. Watch these videos. Its a few people using the Same Chip and working just fine on their DSi.

This kid is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!! but, his also works on the DSi

Works Yet Again!!

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    so
    it just a CLONE of a CLONE
    as the
    R4i is a clone of the AceKard2i
    and this is a clone of the R4i

3. pieman202

Member pieman202 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i watched that kid since you said he was annoying >.> he was very annoying....

4. Clockworkoj
    OP

United States
    Clone or not i could CARE less as long as the card does what its suppose too..
    Also if so many people did CARE then all of us who bought this Chip really dont care what the masses think. It just works and thats all we need.

[​IMG] [Fight the Power]

Im not a technical person when it comes to chips and i just use what has been proven to work and cost affective. [​IMG]

We are also Cloning people now a days and guess what!! That seems to be working too.. lmao [​IMG]

5. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    You... you don't know DX...

28$...

EPIC FAIL. [​IMG]

Yes, R4i works, but why would you buy, this, where ALL the other flashcards does the same, and even more, with a better build quality, for most of time a smaller price??

6. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Its a clone, get the original.. Its entirely possible to find them around the same price.

7. Clockworkoj
    OP

United States
    Tell ya what.. if you watched the videos one kid said he got his for $18 but to tell you the truth $28 is water under the bridge compared to most of the prices and for reliability the site i got it from is trust worthy and extremely fast shipping. Really im just paying for the Chip+Quality Service. So if it cost a few extra bucks consider it their Tip for Great Service. Btw i also have a life outside of the computer and not gonna waste my time knit picking through thousands of sites to find the best deal.

COST Affective means what one can afford and this was just fine for my price range. [​IMG]

To some a Porsche 911 GT2 is Cost Affective as compared to a Bentley Continental GT 2009 or Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010.. WooT Porsche still WiN'S!! Faster and Cost Affective.. [​IMG]

8. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm not hatin', I'm just sayin'

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
  10. Hachibei

Member Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Maybe you should use all that life experience and be smarter with your money.

Just sayin'.

11. Clockworkoj
    OP

United States
    hahahahaha... Obviously you don't understand child.. Do not question what i do with my money or how much of an income i have. i do not need to prove that i am well off but still don't feel like spending on what you stupid critics think. I didn't say. "Hey go out and buy one." [​IMG]

This is just basically my review of this chip and to stop being h8er's, but i guess with ignorance all around this will not happen. If all of you have so many bad things to say why even bother Looking in the R4 DS section. [​IMG]

Go belittle someone else. I'm very happy with the purchase.

Dayum Geeks who think they need to prove something. Cry somewhere else. [​IMG]

12. Clockworkoj
    OP

United States
    With all the BS about how much i spent on a Clone Card i am Surprised no one has anything to say about how much i spent on my Microcard.. So before people do.. Yes go on ebay and take a risk they sell them for $12 shipped. However, with my store bought one i can return it anytime get a brand new one while the store RMA's my old one..

Yes people, i got it like that.. Worry free.

13. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Okay, both you and this thread are a fail.
    You're flaming all the replies that are fcair about the R4i
    ITS A CLONE OF THE ACEKARD2i !

Buy an iTouchDS2. They're pretty awesome (I have one)
    Congrats on the microSD... you beat all of mine by loads...

Cheats don't work properly on the R4i firmware, it looks ugly and there are tonnes of other disadvantages.

Oh, and how we found this thread? Its on the "recent topics" on the front page.

14. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    You child, are indeed very funny.

I suggest you buy a real flashcard, like the acekard2i or iTouchDS 2, have fun with your crappy little clone when it won't play the games you want later on.

Enjoy your over priced low grade card.

ps. you're the ignorant hater

15. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    People hate because they are clones, not original. Personally I don't care, as long as it works like it's supposed to.

16. tuddy666

Member tuddy666 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    True, but the R4i doesn't work perfectly. Sure, it'll run roms and boot on a DSi, but if you wanna use AR codes or anything like that, then that's a no-go. It either outright doesn't work, or has problems working (not sure of the specifics, but whatever).

Anyway, seems to me that OP is probably a kid who knows bugger all about this sort of stuff, or just didn't do his research and is trying to justify the money he's wasted. Also- it's cost effective, "producing optimum results for the expenditure" according to dictionary.com. Since we've already established cheat codes do not work on the R4i, but do on the (cheaper) card it's a clone of, we can therefore conclude that the R4i does not produce optimum results.

tl;dr - OP, you just lost the game. the game of life.

17. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    it looks awsome..........but that kid has problems wit his brain and face

18. Perseid

Member Perseid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, while rare, even brand name carts are known to blow fuses on DSes. I can't imagine the company that makes a clone of a clone stealing a name to sell a product is too concerned about quality control. So beware.

And you won't be proclaiming the greatness of your card in 6 months when you need an update and this mysterious team is gone.

EDIT: I wasted my 200th post on this? Bleh.

19. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    Ok, the kid from the second video really IS annoying... despite him sounding like he's 8, can I punch him in the head anyways? [​IMG]

"18 dolla... 18 dolla... 18 dolla..." BAM!

20. jruschme

Newcomer jruschme Advanced Member

United States
    Is this an AK2i clone or a DSTTi clone?

I've been playing a bit with the non-i version of this card and it definately seems to use at least parts of the DSTT software. I believe another thread mentioned that it is based off of DSTT v1.15.