Cheats on R4i SDHC GOLD cart not enabling?

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, so I've recently had some trouble with nds-bootstrap so I purchased one of those r4 clones off of Ebay. Doesn't seem to be a time bomb (I guess?) and it more or less functions, except when it comes to the cheat menu.
I've found a kernel and loaded the correct cheat database into the r4i folder on the sd card, and am able to see my games and view the list of cheats and even check which ones to turn on-- but on the right hand side there is a button that says "Cheats Off," but it is impossible for me to click it to toggle it on. In fact every sub menu with these types of buttons is non responsive (main options, RTS buttons, Save loading, etc)

I figure there must be some simple step I missed at some point, or at least that someone else has run into and has maybe figured out a fix? I'm just running the default r4 menu as far as I can tell. Thanks guys!

EDIT: I just realized the kernel I downloaded was probably specifically for 3DS, if Im using the cart in my DSi I guess I would have to use a different kernel maybe? I tested on 3DS and the button works fine, it just seems to be my DSi's touch screen not working with it

Last edited by ichig0,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Attachments

• R4i-SDHC YSMenu.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 25

Sanrasxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, so I've recently had some trouble with nds-bootstrap so I purchased one of those r4 clones off of Ebay. Doesn't seem to be a time bomb (I guess?) and it more or less functions, except when it comes to the cheat menu.
I've found a kernel and loaded the correct cheat database into the r4i folder on the sd card, and am able to see my games and view the list of cheats and even check which ones to turn on-- but on the right hand side there is a button that says "Cheats Off," but it is impossible for me to click it to toggle it on. In fact every sub menu with these types of buttons is non responsive (main options, RTS buttons, Save loading, etc)

I figure there must be some simple step I missed at some point, or at least that someone else has run into and has maybe figured out a fix? I'm just running the default r4 menu as far as I can tell. Thanks guys!

EDIT: I just realized the kernel I downloaded was probably specifically for 3DS, if Im using the cart in my DSi I guess I would have to use a different kernel maybe? I tested on 3DS and the button works fine, it just seems to be my DSi's touch screen not working with it
Can you provide a picture of the cart you are using? Also, no, there's no such thing as a 3DS or DSi kernel. One cart uses one kernel, no matter what system it's being run on.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Do you have a picture of the cart?

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the replies! Ive attached the cart below.

Haven't tried YsMenu yet; currently waiting on Panasonic SD formatter to do its "magic..." for the last few hours. Had an error and had to restart.. *sigh* I wonder if you really need to do the full format?

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 13

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's the one I thought. The archive I posted is the exact one: in fact I own the same r4 as you (as do 90% of users, I suppose).
Nice! I really appreciate the help. Eventually this SD card will format and I will get to try out YSmenu--

And yeah, you know everybody always warns about clones or whatever, but this was the first link I found for r4 cards and it works mostly (except for the cheats) just fine? Maybe it used to be harder to get a good one

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto