R4 SDHC Gold Pro - menu freezes on certain roms?

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I am back with another DS question - Got a DS Lite on the cheap the other day, but when I loaded my R4 into it to try it out, I found it likes to hang whenever I scroll over my Advance Wars Dark Days rom; I haven't tried the list from the other direction, but I did try some other sub directories and everything worked fine. It just hates my AW rom for some reason. Never experienced this on either of my DSi's or 3DS, what exactly is happening here? Ideally I'd like to avoid having to re-download roms since they all work fine elsewhere, but this is weird. Any thoughts?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello all, I am back with another DS question - Got a DS Lite on the cheap the other day, but when I loaded my R4 into it to try it out, I found it likes to hang whenever I scroll over my Advance Wars Dark Days rom; I haven't tried the list from the other direction, but I did try some other sub directories and everything worked fine. It just hates my AW rom for some reason. Never experienced this on either of my DSi's or 3DS, what exactly is happening here? Ideally I'd like to avoid having to re-download roms since they all work fine elsewhere, but this is weird. Any thoughts?
Do you use YSMenu or its own kernel? With a game on YSMenu a similar thing happened to me, after activating cheat codes for that title: every time I scrolled down the list it would freeze on that game. I overwritten it with another copy of the rom, without activating cheats, and everything settled down. 😉

ichig0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use YSMenu or its own kernel? With a game on YSMenu a similar thing happened to me, after activating cheat codes for that title: every time I scrolled down the list it would freeze on that game. I overwritten it with another copy of the rom, without activating cheats, and everything settled down. 😉
I believe it’s YSMenu, pretty sure. And it’s weird because it doesn’t happen on either of my DSi’s or 3DS, it was just this Lite I was testing off of eBay. Gonna send it back because the screens are yellowed anyway, but it seemed odd to me.. Don’t think I had a cheats or even a save enabled for the game.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto