Running emulators on an M3 card?

wavemotion

Benign Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a friend has a DS-Lite with an M3 card. He has an SD card that shows other (older) homebrews but he was trying to install some of my emulators starting with ColecoDS.nds but he tried putting the .nds file in the root and also in a sub-directory and it doesn't seem to show up in the launcher for his card.

I'm not familiar with the M3 - don't know what firmware it has (I've only used cheap R4 clones and, of course, SD cards via Unlaunch or the Camera exploit to run TWL++).

Any obvious thoughts? Anyone use an M3 card on a DS-Lite and managed to get any of my emulators running?

Thanks much in advance!

Indy13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Dave hope you're fine :)

I had a similar problem on my R4s (which are quite old), to get around this problem, I have different launchers installed on my flashcard, has your friend tried to install HBmenu 0.7.1 or a version more recent ?

By using hbmenu, you bypass the original launcher which is perhaps not compatible with recent libraries and you switch to a launcher compatible with recent libraries, tools & bootloaders, you can try with hbmenu or indeed like Rob said it should work with TWL++ if you run it with YSmenu

Reactions: wavemotion

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Has he tried installing TWiLight Menu++ on his M3 card?

I don't want to change the topic, but I was wondering if you're able to replace M3 Sakura on an M3 Card with TwilightMenu++. I got that on 3ds, and I'm wondering if I were to replace Sakura with TwilightMenu it would make things run much better on there instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto