Homebrew steelhax - A Steeldiver Subwars secondary entrypoint

mikeyisdead

Mikki is Alive
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i found out after 60+ installs, lol, and decided to play around with it.
to the original point, i believe when it is making a new mii, it will wipe out the current save"corrupted" data, which is why the installer wont work for the first 10+ tries, because it acts like steelhax is never installed.

Also a little wierd thing with steelhax, the payload other app bin. was supposed to be steelhax_payload.bin, it worked like this when insert into the root of sd, for 11.0. But when i updated it it dint work, i kept crashing, so i went on youtube video, and a guy suggested to rename it as Steelhax_payload, without the .bin, and it worked.
This was the same problem with freakyhax back in june. just curious if anyone had these problems(These are resolved issues on my part).
i tested it and it actually works im using o3ds on 11.1.0-34u
had few issues installing i give up till i try your idea and it worked
thank you for this idea of yours

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i found out after 60+ installs, lol, and decided to play around with it.
to the original point, i believe when it is making a new mii, it will wipe out the current save"corrupted" data, which is why the installer wont work for the first 10+ tries, because it acts like steelhax is never installed.

Also a little wierd thing with steelhax, the payload other app bin. was supposed to be steelhax_payload.bin, it worked like this when insert into the root of sd, for 11.0. But when i updated it it dint work, i kept crashing, so i went on youtube video, and a guy suggested to rename it as Steelhax_payload, without the .bin, and it worked.
This was the same problem with freakyhax back in june. just curious if anyone had these problems(These are resolved issues on my part).
Yeah that's because you don't show the file extensions in your windows, e.g. http://i.imgur.com/tuIJTP4.png

SaahilNZ

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to copy the save and the code.bin file into the savegame of steeldiver. You might want to copy a payload.bin (otherapp payload for your fw) into the save too as otherwise you'd have to copy the otherapp payload into the root of your sd and keep holding b while starting the game.

Please try to download the steelhax.zip file and copying the save and code.bin for your version into the savegame. Basically the same as what I wrote for PrometheusG

I figured I'd give this a go, but the link seems to be broken now. Do you happen to have another link to the save file?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I don"t think you will see this game removed since it"s a Nintendo game after all and Nintendo tends to don"t put down their own games.

Dudes8475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want something else than yellows8's hb launcher?
I have 2 2ds. One with cfw and one with vanilla fw. I did the system transfer and downgraded to 10.4 but fucked up the steelhax payload and got a black screen. Im just trying to find a way into homebrew.

VegaRoXas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have 2 2ds. One with cfw and one with vanilla fw. I did the system transfer and downgraded to 10.4 but fucked up the steelhax payload and got a black screen. Im just trying to find a way into homebrew.
You could have just put the 10.4 otherapp payload onto the root of your sd card as steelhax_payload.bin and hold b while starting steeldiver. It would have loaded that one instead of the payload in the save. I assume you have updated to 11.2 now? I'm making progress with paslr so you could wait at maximum one day instead of buying the game.

Dudes8475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have just put the 10.4 otherapp payload onto the root of your sd card as steelhax_payload.bin and hold b while starting steeldiver. It would have loaded that one instead of the payload in the save. I assume you have updated to 11.2 now? I'm making progress with paslr so you could wait at maximum one day instead of buying the game.

Do i want the 10.4 payload or the payload that the orignal payload was during the transfer?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also if your doing they system transfer, it forces you to use the sources system sd card on the target system in order to use it. This kinda of screws up the dsiware downgrade because it requires you to use the sd card for the cfw 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries