Stadia VP John Justice leaves Google following restructuring attempts

Stadia_03_19_19.jpg

Google Stadia is going through some major changes, lately, after the company announced that they'd be shutting down all its first-party internal development teams. Google's game streaming service can add Stadia's vice president and head of product to the list of people no longer working there, too, following a report from The Information, revealing that John Justice has left Google. This isn't the first time Stadia has lost their VP, either, as Jade Raymond, who served as their previous vice president, left in order to form indie studio Haven. Prior to this, Justice was actively involved in the Stadia project, frequently doing interviews and discussing future plans for the platform, and as recently as December 2020 stated that Stadia would try to better handle feature announcements and claims, after controversy regarding Stadia not reaching its advertised 4k60fps performance.

:arrow: Source

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if only they didn't want us to rebuy every game at full price and just gave us access to a virtual desktop like geforce now they would have done better?
I'm assuming you're referring to Stadia. I think people don't understand that Stadia is meant to act like a console, not as a virtual desktop. If you buy an Xbox, you would have to rebuy your PlayStation games if you want to play on that platform right? The Stadia pro subscription is the almost the same as gold or psplus, where it offers games but it is not required.

As it stands, I couldn't recommend anyone to use GeForce now as a PC/console alternative but I could recommend Stadia for it (this is all assuming decent internet). The problem with GeForce now is that developers don't seem to like the platform and you can't just play any game

Also, games go on sale on Stadia sometimes even cheaper than on steam (sometimes). There is sales on the store often. I'm not trying to be a Stadia fanboy but I experimented with all of the streaming services and Stadia has been the best so far

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

Ottoclav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Google Stadia is going through some major changes, lately, after the company announced that they'd be shutting down all its first-party internal development teams. Google's game streaming service can add Stadia's vice president and head of product to the list of people no longer working there, too, following a report from The Information, revealing that John Justice has left Google. This isn't the first time Stadia has lost their VP, either, as Jade Raymond, who served as their previous vice president, left in order to form indie studio Haven. Prior to this, Justice was actively involved in the Stadia project, frequently doing interviews and discussing future plans for the platform, and as recently as December 2020 stated that Stadia would try to better handle feature announcements and claims, after controversy regarding Stadia not reaching its advertised 4k60fps performance.

:arrow: Source
a small improvement to their system would be to push a BLE update for their game controller so that it could be used with any bluetooth compatible devices. Why buy a stadia controller when you can use get an Xbox, Switch, and PS4 controller to play the Stadia system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also a streaming service where you still have to buy each game at full price has no chance in hell, in other media streaming is more appealing because of the amount of content you have access to.. that is the selling point of it. People will deal with lower quality for quantity, but they didnt sub to Netflix to avoid buying a bluray player.
People still have Blu-ray players?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got 2x free stadia controllers and chromecasts couple months ago when they offered it as a futile attempt to get stadia players.

i tried it one time. the controllers sit in a bin on my media cabinet and the chromecasts are in a drawers.

i use my xbox one x (xlcoud for shits n giggles) and firestick for TV.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
i got 2x free stadia controllers and chromecasts couple months ago when they offered it as a futile attempt to get stadia players.

i tried it one time. the controllers sit in a bin on my media cabinet and the chromecasts are in a drawers.

i use my xbox one x (xlcoud for shits n giggles) and firestick for TV.
I got that free deal for my YouTube Premium membership.

I still haven't opened my box yet.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do people still care about Google Stadia?
I see people on specific forums that act like they do, but it feels like astroturfing. A few youtubers as well, especially around the time google thought they had an opportunity with cyber punk 2077 being better on stadia vs ps4 or xbox one. That was because it was so awful on last gen systems, not because streaming games is so great.

Last edited by kevin corms,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-