Google to open its first Stadia video game studio in Montréal

stadia.jpg
Google is betting heavily on its cloud-based gaming platform Stadia. In a blog post today, Jade Raymond, VP and Head of Stadia Games & Entertainment, announced that the tech giant is opening its first dedicated video game studio in Montréal, Canada. This Stadia Games and Entertainment’s studio has been set up to "produce exclusive, original content across a diverse portfolio of games in all your favorite genres". The company has also opened job positions for this new branch.

Google Stadia is planned to release this November and with this news, we can expect some exclusives to hit the platform in the near future. What would you like to play on the Stadia?

:arrow: SOURCE

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like stadia.. But I just want to point out that this isn't entirely true. The service is free *just the 720p I think*, so you can play your purchased games without paying a monthly fee. The monthly fee is to stream the games 1080 or higher I believe.

in this case it's no different from Netflix charging you more to stream the 4k movies.

Which I don't do, I couldn't care less about 4K movies or paying more. I just pay the base fee and stream what I want, when I want. 720p 60 fps takes up double the bandwidth of 720p at 30 fps, but those who don't have caps sure love to brag on here.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which I don't do, I couldn't care less about 4K movies or paying more. I just pay the base fee and stream what I want, when I want. 720p 60 fps takes up double the bandwidth of 720p at 30 fps, but those who don't have caps sure love to brag on here.

Which is fine... I'm saying one way or another here. I'm just pointing out that people are giving out false information stating that one MUST subscribe the to the stadia service, when they don't.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is fine... I'm saying one way or another here. I'm just pointing out that people are giving out false information stating that one MUST subscribe the to the stadia service, when they don't.

I still think streaming only/no ownership or means to download games is a huge mistake IMO, but to each their own *shrug*

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Playstation now proves thers gamers out ther who don't mind a streaming service and good luck to them
There are people that repeatedly buy (or possibly even preorder) all those awful puzzle games, annual COD/battlefield/halo/whatever releases despite them generally sucking for the last few releases, annual sports games that offer no real changes and most besides, and moreover there are people that pay for microtransactions in full price games too. If we based what goes on a lack of sense or taste then anything would go.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are people that repeatedly buy (or possibly even preorder) all those awful puzzle games, annual COD/battlefield/halo/whatever releases despite them generally sucking for the last few releases, annual sports games that offer no real changes and most besides, and moreover there are people that pay for microtransactions in full price games too. If we based what goes on a lack of sense or taste then anything would go.
Them sucking would be subjective though. Microtransactions in AAA games are scummy, but some people might actually like cod/Halo
Personally I haven't played Halo, and the cod game I played at my friend's house sucked, but they liked it sooo...

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could never produce something worth playing because the platform is not worth supporting. This is similar to Microsoft wanting windows to be completely online where the computers being sold do not have storage devices and so you would need to log on into your windows account to access your desktop online.
Google already has that , it's called chrome book

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know what you're talking about. The new COD rocks.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know what you're talking about. The new COD rocks.
I hear various things about the latest, some good and it certainly had good trailers, but have not done the new one that. That said I did not mind the later stage world war 2 ones, then we got modern warfare which was sweet, modern warfare 2 and some of black ops was not bad but every time I have tried to play anything of the infinite, advanced or whatever else I have found them very much wanting, in some ways because I had got back into playing different styles of game but even without that it was somewhat missing and that is without lootboxes, DLC gating and with me greatly enjoying near future weapons and such like (perhaps not as much as hard sci fi but still more than I care for world war 2 or even gulf 1 era tech). Thankfully I paid next to nothing or used copies friends had but I will stand by the statement made there.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear various things about the latest, some good and it certainly had good trailers, but have not done the new one that. That said I did not mind the later stage world war 2 ones, then we got modern warfare which was sweet, modern warfare 2 and some of black ops was not bad but every time I have tried to play anything of the infinite, advanced or whatever else I have found them very much wanting, in some ways because I had got back into playing different styles of game but even without that it was somewhat missing and that is without lootboxes, DLC gating and with me greatly enjoying near future weapons and such like (perhaps not as much as hard sci fi but still more than I care for world war 2 or even gulf 1 era tech). Thankfully I paid next to nothing or used copies friends had but I will stand by the statement made there.
I know what you meant. I was kinda joking. The last cod I played before the new one that just came out was black ops 2. But I'm definitely liking the new Modern Warfare.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.