Microsoft has a mobile gaming store in the works

microsoft mobile.PNG

The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is currently investigating Microsoft's multi-billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard and as part of the process, the tech giant has shared filings detailing that this purchase will fuel its "next generation game store" plans.

As reported by The Verge, below is an excerpt from the filing:

The transaction will improve Microsoft’s ability to create a next generation game store which operates across a range of devices, including mobile as a result of the addition of Activision Blizzard’s content. Building on Activision Blizzard’s existing communities of gamers, Xbox will seek to scale the Xbox Store to mobile, attracting gamers to a new Xbox Mobile Platform. Shifting consumers away from the Google Play Store and App Store on mobile devices will, however, require a major shift in consumer behavior. Microsoft hopes that by offering well-known and popular content, gamers will be more inclined to try something new.

Microsoft has been pushing its Xbox Cloud Gaming platform across devices, most recently with Logitech's and Razer's for their cloud gaming-focused handhelds. With Stadia out of the way, this could represent an opportunity for Microsoft to offer a cloud gaming service on top of its Game Pass offerings. But The Verge mentions that the store aims to rival the Google Play Store or App Store, which could prove to be a considerable undertaking.

While the exact model of the new mobile gaming store have yet to be detailed, the company might be planning to put its new IPs to push the plan forward.

:arrow: SOURCE

Pheinte

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Check this out, Microsoft could launch an Xbox Mobile Console but then everyone would have to buy it to play, too much hardware investment from Microsoft and players.

But... what if they simply launched a Microsoft gaming store for Android and release all the common Xbox games for android on their store?? That way almost everyone will have access to buy and play the games without having to invest in new console hardware (besides maybe an Xbox controller and a support to hold it).
And the best thing people will keep upgrading their phones anyway so better games can be made in the future without new hardware investment from Microsoft on new consoles.

It's genius.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i can play some Xbox (Indie) titles on my phone without the Cloud BS then i'm all in. Or at least give us the option to choose between both. It's not realistic to expect a big XSX game to run on a smartphone but i don't really about that, but for Indies, yes, it can be done (if they choose to)..

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I utterly hate the Windows Store and their Windows Phones were massively unpopular, but this certainly has potential with the mobile crowd who want quality gaming on the go.

Android could have had it if it wasn't poisoned with garbage and touchscreen-control games.
Post automatically merged:

The court of public opinion would not qualify the steam deck as a console.
But the Switch is?

The Xbox Series Mobile. Soon

The Xbox Series Mobile.Soon
That could certainly happen.

Remember Sony's Xperia gaming phone?

xperia-play-901x920.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, iirc it was about a news article about princess peach showtime using the word "sus"...