Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

ffsmovieit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One nation, a gaming nation and their hopes to acquire an illegal/early copy of the god beater, SSBX, rests on the shoulders of one man; Frenrihr and his Original game & dumping skills.....Will he become the hero of the fanboys? or be eternally flamed in the pits of fakers hell?

Well I'm off to bed for the first time since Thursday(been glued to my screen/college), When I wake up I predict 99 pages....

Sola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm pretty sure the tool itself is fake--I trust that he has his legit disc, but indeed the ripping is pointless.

The tool is real...its not from one of the IRC trolls and someone in a German board where I check news about SSBB too said he tried to use it with Wii Sports and it worked fine. It's not a DL game but it proof that the tool works.

MSW0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it's been about 5 days since the early Hong Kong release, counting today, and that equals about 120 hours.

That is 120 hours which have all led to nothing more than lies, a possibly fake dumping tool, and Wiikey Team saying "Hey, the game is out. When are you gonna get an update? When Duke Nukem Forever comes out; when it's done."

There is no god.

rem0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 45 megabytes for 3 hours of progress is really proper, right?

Tusharix -
"Probably a hoax. I just came to my friends house and the first thing he said was, "guess how far in we are..." I said probably 30%. He said this program does not show percentage only file size. I said 1gb. He shows me that the stupid thing after 3 F-in hours is only 45mb done!!! At this rate it would take us 533.33 hours to rip the damn game!!! We're gonna see what we can do here."

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So 45 megabytes for 3 hours of progress is really proper, right?

Tusharix -
"Probably a hoax. I just came to my friends house and the first thing he said was, "guess how far in we are..." I said probably 30%. He said this program does not show percentage only file size. I said 1gb. He shows me that the stupid thing after 3 F-in hours is only 45mb done!!! At this rate it would take us 533.33 hours to rip the damn game!!! We're gonna see what we can do here."
Please read this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=73930

If he is not running dvdinfo(pro) in the background, he's just dumping junk anyway
smile.gif
This has the side-effect that it also slows things down significantly, which I think is what has happened here. Not to mention you must have the correct drive.

It should be able to dump a little less than 3MB a minute - that's a long time, but it's still a hell of a lot shorter than 45mb in 3 hours
tongue.gif

mark0217

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Do you all have wiikeys? Wow, l2change chips if you don't wanna wait, if not just stay put... The issue here should be "when is the dump going to be done", not "will wiikey ever update?"
There's another topic for that.

mainecane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
umsis.miami.edu
XP
Country
United States
"Do you all have wiikeys? Wow, l2change chips if you don't wanna wait, if not just stay put... The issue here should be "when is the dump going to be done", not "will wiikey ever update?"
There's another topic for that."

Those of us with D2Ckeys still have to wait for a dump.

DAREALGUMMY

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, it's been about 5 days since the early Hong Kong release, counting today, and that equals about 120 hours.

That is 120 hours which have all led to nothing more than lies, a possibly fake dumping tool, and Wiikey Team saying "Hey, the game is out. When are you gonna get an update? When Duke Nukem Forever comes out; when it's done."

There is no god.

They didnt have SSBB till maybe what, yesterday?

skaarj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
People here need to understand a little thing called "trustworthy source".

Ok;

1. If the source is either from a person on a forum, who is not in the higher levels of credability (aka. admin / moderator), then he can not be trusted. Simply as that. You can hope its real, but then again, you can also hope that santa is real. Im not here to say who is real, only that its not that smart to place any bets on it.

2. If the source is from a chat-program, like IRC, it can not be trusted. Even if it looks trustworthy, it cant be trusted. "Why would he lie?!" Well, because its damn funny to watch people get all erected over the news, or that he simply is a retarded jackass.

3. You can trust the source if its from a internet-site with a good reputation and status. http://psx-scene.com/ is such a site. They got communication with the people who is behind the curtains, and who is pulling the strings. Games are released by scene, and they know their stuff. A random user rarely knows his stuff, and rarely has the nerves to release a game, due to the risk getting Ninty on his ass. Listen to this homesite, its one of the _FEW_ sources we got, that we can trust. They say that there is a dumping program, and that it works, so then we can trust those words. They say that the #brawlcrap -IRC-chat-orgie was fake, then we can trust those words.

What do we know out of this?

1. We dont know if there is any .iso, and frankly, it doesnt mather before its released.
2. We know there is a DVD9-ripper.
3. We know there is a smash-bros-brawl-game.
(2+3): We know there will be an .iso soon.
4. We know the wiikey-team is in motion about updating the chip.

All this equals:

5. WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR MORE NEWS, watch a movie, have sex, play smash bros melee, I dont know, just stop posting crap from "sources" we both know cant be trusted, and stop whining about the same shit over and over!

Thanks, and good night!

Choujij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really tired of all this garbage. I've been scouring the net for the last couple of days, and so far it's been lies after lies. Yesterday I even went shopping and couldn't find a single import store with SSBB, or any plans to receive it. I'm about to snap. I realize that any day now the wiikey team will release a update, and their own dumper and that's great. But in the mean time there doesn't seem to be a single person confirmed to be working on ripping this game. I know that can't be true but it is frustrating when people say they are working on ripping and all they're doing is making up stuff for whatever sick pleasure they receive from lying.

I'm in the GTA, and I have tons of tools and mods we can use. I do not have SSBB or have I even played it for that matter, but if anyone in the area has a copy and is serious about ripping this, even if you just need help with it, pm me. Otherwise we can twiddle our thumbs until someone else rips it.

~Jay

skaarj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
But in the mean time there doesn't seem to be a single person confirmed to be working on ripping this game.
~Jay

The scene is working on this, I can promise you this. But, you need to know, that scene doesnt care about "informing" anyone about their progress in this, so its very hard for us "normal" gamers to get any view into what they are doing.

Simply said; they are working on a release, and the release will arrive when its done.
We dont need it to be confirmed. Its the way the cookie crumbles in the scene-society.

The fact that brawl is out, and that there is a dumper, is all we need to know.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.