Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

electricsashimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dumper WOrks!! jez its on the frontpage on wiinewz

QUOTE said:
Nekokabu has released the first "dumping" utility to read and backup Dual Layer discs for the Nintendo Wii. This program works in conjunction with a compatible DVD-ROM drive hooked up to your computer and also comes with an image unscrambler. The source code is also included which is good because it's command line based.

Source: TehSkeen

UPDATE: TehSkeen's translator is monitoring the forums where this tool was released. It seems that DVD Encrypter recognizes the image as a DL disc, but the author of the program hasn't the ability to burn it. He's suggested someone else burn and test it. Additionally, WiiTools fails to extract the contents of the image, but this is due to an assumption that WiiTools doesn't know what to do with a Dual Layer disc.

UPDATE 2: Crediar the author of WiiTools claims WiiTools can extract the image fine. So the assumption in the previous update which was based on a users reply on the forum (not the authors) is wrong.

Choujij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disregard the comment that was here. Since the ripper does in fact work, is there anyone we know trying it? I understand how the "scene" works, but I wouldn't mind giving some assistance. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have imported a copy and would have been working on it myself.
wink2.gif

~Jay

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dumper WOrks!! jez its on the frontpage on wiinewz

QUOTE said:
Nekokabu has released the first "dumping" utility to read and backup Dual Layer discs for the Nintendo Wii. This program works in conjunction with a compatible DVD-ROM drive hooked up to your computer and also comes with an image unscrambler. The source code is also included which is good because it's command line based.

Source: TehSkeen

UPDATE: TehSkeen's translator is monitoring the forums where this tool was released. It seems that DVD Encrypter recognizes the image as a DL disc, but the author of the program hasn't the ability to burn it. He's suggested someone else burn and test it. Additionally, WiiTools fails to extract the contents of the image, but this is due to an assumption that WiiTools doesn't know what to do with a Dual Layer disc.

UPDATE 2: Crediar the author of WiiTools claims WiiTools can extract the image fine. So the assumption in the previous update which was based on a users reply on the forum (not the authors) is wrong.
REally? That's wierd. I hope that wii get it soon(pun intended).

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
Disregard the comment that was here. Since the ripper does in fact work, is there anyone we know trying it? I understand how the "scene" works, but I wouldn't mind giving some assistance. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have imported a copy and would have been working on it myself.Â
wink2.gif

~Jay

i think that might work someone should try this

skaarj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Disregard the comment that was here. Since the ripper does in fact work, is there anyone we know trying it? I understand how the "scene" works, but I wouldn't mind giving some assistance. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have imported a copy and would have been working on it myself.Â
wink2.gif

~Jay

Well, I dont think there is much to do other than waiting, for a person to release it by himself, he needs the original brawl disc, the dumper (check), half a day with dumping, half a day with uploading, a place to upload, proxy to cover his traces.

When everything boils down completly, one will realise that the scene (
wub.gif
) is already a mile-ahead, and the "problem" that keeps them from releasing it, isnt something I belive anyone can solve on their own without their own "team".

So why hasnt scene released it already?

a) Lack of a proper dumper. (Yes, I know we have it _now_, but dumping takes time, and uploading does the same).
b) They are ... waiting for the WiiKey-team to update the chip (something I HIGHLY doubt).
c) Some other problem we are not aware of yet, as maybe the firmware on the DVD, or something else.

I suggest waiting for more info from http://psx-scene.com/wii/portal.php
wink.gif

Choujij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wink2.gif

~Jay

i think that might work someone should try this
If you mean using 360's WxRipper, I'd sure try it. The only reason I think it could work is because using this method, the drive would think it was ripping something else. Since the 360's games all have TOCs that lie, and so you fool your drive into ripping one. It at least would give you a raw dump.... Although I'm not sure about the scrambled data. Besides, as I mentioned when I edited my post, there is a ripper released now that does in fact work.

GyroidFanatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dumper doesn't work. Author of tool is having trouble getting to the second layer still
Code:
http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/blog/2008/02/post_33.html#more
cry.gif

*looks at pics*

list_en and list_jp files? Hmm... Even if there isn't an option in the menu (not sure, I'm avoiding spoilers), shouldn't it be possible to enable English mode just by switching all of those files around? Although the file sizes seem a little iffy.

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*RUMOR*

The dumpers will try to dump each layer sperately and then join them togethere to make the iso working.

From:Someone on IRC that told what they are saying on some private ssbb channel

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Dumper doesn't work. Author of tool is having trouble getting to the second layer still
Code:
cry.gif

*looks at pics*

list_en and list_jp files? Hmm... Even if there isn't an option in the menu (not sure, I'm avoiding spoilers), shouldn't it be possible to enable English mode just by switching all of those files around? Although the file sizes seem a little iffy.
Even if we did do that, there would be no way to re-encrypt them back into an iso.

Sola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Code:
cry.gif

*looks at pics*

Voices are English and text is Japanese as far as I know

electricsashimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey frenrihr, can u show us some proof that u really r ripping the game... i don't want to be calling you a fake but the guys at the #smashbros irc turned out to be fake and i don't want to b dissapointed again....

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, a bunch of people have been lying lately. Basically, you are our only hope. If you take a picture of your copy of Brawl with the forum in the background or something to show you indeed have a copy would comfort a lot of people. Then if you had the ripper on your screen it would help a bit too.

frenrihr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, a bunch of people have been lying lately. Basically, you are our only hope. If you take a picture of your copy of Brawl with the forum in the background or something to show you indeed have a copy would comfort a lot of people. Then if you had the ripper on your screen it would help a bit too.
Itll hafta wait til tomorrow morning cause im not burning in my house. Ill post tomorrow when i go to work ^^

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
frenrihr: you don't have the box with you or anything? I hope you don't try to upload at your work... bring a hard drive to get the rip to your house from "work." Your last post is going to have people asking questions about the legitimacy of your endeavors.

He isn't our only hope, Wiikey team is working on it too.

The Wiikey team is working on a rip, and they're going to spread it?

I'm know others are working on this to, so "only hope" may have been a bit of an exaggeration.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton