Hacking SSBB Hacking concerns

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(If this isn't the right place for this thread, I apologize)

So recently, I've been searching high and low for guides on how to better run hacks for SSBB. Now, for the past several months, I've been loading texture and music hacks and I enjoy doing it very much. The method I've been using thus far is the Gecko OS function via CFG USB Loader due to its ease of use. Just a little while back, I learned about how applying hacks/cheat codes can be done more efficiently with Riivolution, but the major downside with that is you must use a physical disc and not an ISO image.
In my opinion, there are too many bloody guides out there, all of them appear to have conflicting information on how to set the hacks up. I'm overwhelmed on where to start, and with the advent of Brawl+/Brawl- Project Melee, etc, I don't know where to go from here.

To better summarize my question, I ask the following

- Should I use Brawl+/-, Project Melee demo. If I do, can either of these hacks be loaded with Gecko OS or can they only be loaded with the DVD itself?
- Some guides say to have the SD:/private/wii/rsbe..etc, etc. while others say to create a folder called "ssbb" and place the texture/other hacks in them, who's right?
- Can I not use any project overhauls using CFG Loader/Gecko OS? I don't know how much longer my Wii's DVD-ROM will hold out (2006/2007 model).
- And in the event that I load these overhaul hacks, can I also load codes that modify size/defense/attack ratios?

As you can see, I have no idea where to begin, so I thought these forums would be a good place to start. Another issue I see is most guides I found are more than year old, whether they're still applicable (after advances made in the homebrew scene) or not, I don't know. Any feedback is appreciated.

If for some reason I'm not making any sense, let me know, I will reword the questions better.

BeyondYou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to your questions...

- You don't have to use Brawl+/- or the Project M demo. They offer no benefits in terms of using hacks, you should only really use them if you're actually interested in the gameplay changes they offer.

- They're both right. If you're using Riivolution, the file setup depends on how you have it configured in your .xml, so it can vary. Gecko almost always uses the Private/Wii/App/etc.... setup

- You should be able to use large project overhauls such as Brawl+ with CFG Loader/gecko since well.. it works fine for me.

- Yes.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonthedit said:
There are other USB Loaders that support SDHC and can go from 1gb - 32gb.
Such as : USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, etc

What about CFG USB Loader? Will that support Gecko/Wiird codes with -32GB cards? I assume it does, since the other, similar programs do.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, dang it. Oh well. Then what the crap was Jonthedit talking about?

100325_simpsons.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn