Hacking Others Modding Wii for newbie (i m newbie)

ilovemiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have some question about modding a Wii. For first, I bought Wii some days ago for playing old games. There are questions:

~ 1.
I should trust Wii Hacks Guide

~ 2.
I should use LetterBomb or str2hax

~ 3.
What I should to install on modded Wii?

~ 4.
Where can I get some ROMs?

~ 5.
How to later uninstall mods and etc

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1. Yes, definitely.
2. WiiBrand is a bit newer, but pretty much the same thing as LetterBomb. Just follow along the guide and you'll know what you need to install to start with.
3. Wii Hacks has you covered. In addition to that, I'd recommend checking out Retroarch and Nintendont.
4. We aren't allowed to link to ROM sites, but a quick Google search should point you in a right direction.
5. I've never used mods so I can't really help you with that one.

ilovemiku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. Yes, definitely.
2. WiiBrand is a bit newer, but pretty much the same thing as LetterBomb. Just follow along the guide and you'll know what you need to install to start with.
3. Wii Hacks has you covered. In addition to that, I'd recommend checking out Retroarch and Nintendont.
4. We aren't allowed to link to ROM sites, but a quick Google search should point you in a right direction.
Ok thanks bro
Post automatically merged:

1. Yes, definitely.
I should get priiloader

Last edited by ilovemiku,
Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I should get priiloader
Of course, it offers an additional level of brick protection because it loads before Wii System Menu does.
It's even more important in case you can only install BootMii as an IOS, not under boot2 (Wiis with vulnerable boot2 are a bit harder to find these days).

Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Of course, it offers an additional level of brick protection because it loads before Wii System Menu does.
It's even more important in case you can only install BootMii as an IOS, not under boot2 (Wiis with vulnerable boot2 are a bit harder to find these days).
You mean vulnerable boot1 (a vulnerable boot1 allows for the installation of bootmii boot2)
Post automatically merged:

I have some question about modding a Wii. For first, I bought Wii some days ago for playing old games. There are questions:

~ 1.
I should trust Wii Hacks Guide

~ 2.
I should use LetterBomb or str2hax

~ 3.
What I should to install on modded Wii?

~ 4.
Where can I get some ROMs?

~ 5.
How to later uninstall mods and etc
Any guide that promotes modmii (which wii.hacks.guide does) is A+ in my books :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...