ROM Hack Injecting OoT/MM and N64 Rom hacks as VC Titles on the Wii.

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all I hope someone could help me figure this out. A new Zelda rom hack just came out recently and I am trying to figure out how to inject it as a WAD file into my brothers homebrewed Wii. As well as other SM64 mods as well. I don't feel like playing this on a emulator. I also want to see if I can patch the Practice OoT rom into the Wii as a VC title. So I can practice glitches, etc. So I don't know what to do here. There's a bunch of neat SM64 mods out that I would LOVE to play, and OoT mods as well. I am trying to get Master of Time on the Wii, and a new one called Zelda Revival by Don camilo that just got released. I actually prefer playing with a GameCube controller as well. I am hoping I could get some help or some instructions on how to do this. I've injected some wads before. Basic OoT and MM along time ago. But I don't know how to actually convert ROM HACKS into the actual WAD files of OoT and MM if that makes sense. If anyone knows any knowledge that can help me figure this out so we can play them on my 50" that would be great. Also I hope I mentioned SM64 mods as well. So sorry. I already obtained a SM64WAD I own. And OoT and MM as well. Just trying to figure out how to make this happen and whats compatible and how to inject the ROM hacks as VC titles so I can play them on the Wii. My brother has been bugging me so sorry. xD :)

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at Patcher64+Tool.

Might be what you need.

I think I heard about that before, any idea on how to use it? Didn't realize patching WADS to play them as ROM HACKS could be stressful. lol. I think even Indigo demo used the Patcher64+Tool too. So I couldn't figure out how to use it.
Post automatically merged:

Look at Patcher64+Tool.

Might be what you need.
Ooh ok Im an idiot, LMAO I just went to the GitHub page and they added some stuff which is cool. I'm not sure how to patch the SM64 Rom Hacks though. :( Any idea how to get Beyond the Cursed Mirror and others on the Wii? I havent used the patcher in ages. So Beyond the Cursed Mirror is a really good hack. I reccomend it. :) I also want to play SM64 B3313 as well on the Wii if its possible. :)

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think I heard about that before, any idea on how to use it? Didn't realize patching WADS to play them as ROM HACKS could be stressful. lol. I think even Indigo demo used the Patcher64+Tool too. So I couldn't figure out how to use it.

Ooh ok Im an idiot, LMAO I just went to the GitHub page and they added some stuff which is cool. I'm not sure how to patch the SM64 Rom Hacks though. :( Any idea how to get Beyond the Cursed Mirror and others on the Wii? I havent used the patcher in ages. So Beyond the Cursed Mirror is a really good hack. I reccomend it. :) I also want to play SM64 B3313 as well on the Wii if its possible. :)
Patcher64+Tool comes with a lot of customization options. Some even are premade and selectable from a menu. It's pretty straightforward.

But if it doesn't cover what you need, you'll need different programs to create a WAD.
I wouldn't recommend, and honestly don't know how to or if the process has been improved after all these years.

Reactions: SsjKage

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patcher64+Tool comes with a lot of customization options. Some even are premade and selectable from a menu. It's pretty straightforward.

But if it doesn't cover what you need, you'll need different programs to create a WAD.
I wouldn't recommend, and honestly don't know how to or if the process has been improved after all these years.

Understandable! At least I can play Master of Time and other Zelda Rom hacks on the Wii now. Just need to buy my self a USB SD Card Reader for my PC and patch the files and I'm good. Hope I can do this for the Wii U once I get one. lol. Anyway hope you have a happy Holiday and Merry Christmas. ^_^ Take care! Wish me luck! Hope I can get something good going out of this. ^_^

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Understandable! At least I can play Master of Time and other Zelda Rom hacks on the Wii now. Just need to buy my self a USB SD Card Reader for my PC and patch the files and I'm good. Hope I can do this for the Wii U once I get one. lol. Anyway hope you have a happy Holiday and Merry Christmas. ^_^ Take care! Wish me luck! Hope I can get something good going out of this. ^_^
You can install WAD files with Wad Manager MOD using either USB or SD.

Just a sidenote, Zelda OoT patches as WADs works fine. But Majora's is troublesome, prone to crashes.

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install WAD files with Wad Manager MOD using either USB or SD.

Just a sidenote, Zelda OoT patches as WADs works fine. But Majora's is troublesome, prone to crashes.
Ooh ok thank you for letting me know. :) Noted. :3 Should have no problems with the OoT practice rom though correct? Curious is all. :) And thanks for being nice btw. Appreciate it. ^_^

Ooh ok thank you for letting me know. :) Noted. :3 Should have no problems with the OoT practice rom though correct? Curious is all. :) And thanks for being nice btw. Appreciate it. And what about the OoT/MM cross mod too? Forgot what its called. Sorry. Hoping to get randos on it. I apologize.^_^

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ooh ok thank you for letting me know. :) Noted. :3 Should have no problems with the OoT practice rom though correct? Curious is all. :) And thanks for being nice btw. Appreciate it. ^_^
It's been years since I knew there's a practice rom. I've even seen YouTube videos of people using a Wii version of it (a WAD) and I don't think there should be a problem.
I don't know if there's (somewhere) a WAD you could download... and I say I don't know because I'm not interested in practice roms. But it's very likely there's already one made ready for download.
Just don't do anything stupid, like attempting to make a channel yourself, making a mistake, installing it and bricking your console.

I've only gotten as far as makings OoT patches with improvements such as 16:9, bunny hood, medallion abilities, etc. Basic stuff, but all my patches of OoT works fine (random results with Majora's) so... TLDR: Don't attempt anything dumb when installing WADs

SsjKage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been years since I knew there's a practice rom. I've even seen YouTube videos of people using a Wii version of it (a WAD) and I don't think there should be a problem.
I don't know if there's (somewhere) a WAD you could download... and I say I don't know because I'm not interested in practice roms. But it's very likely there's already one made ready for download.
Just don't do anything stupid, like attempting to make a channel yourself, making a mistake, installing it and bricking your console.

I've only gotten as far as makings OoT patches with improvements such as 16:9, bunny hood, medallion abilities, etc. Basic stuff, but all my patches of OoT works fine (random results with Majora's) so... TLDR: Don't attempt anything dumb when installing WADs
Thanks for the advice/input. I'll keep that in mind. I really am careful when it comes to this type of stuff because Wii's are really hard to find now a days. Hopefully one day, someone will come up with a tool, or a succesful guide on how to patch them with a video, for slow people like me, etc post it on Rumble, or something. Since YouTube wont probably allow it, etc. For copyright reasons. I appreciate all the info you've given me, you've been a big help, thanks for the quick replies. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto